NFL: Tebowmania's Migration

Mack Kilimaro

Huh, I made a comment a few days back about how I've never (even in highlights) seen Andrew Luck throwing to a wide-open reciever for a touchdown, and how that made me more comfortable with him as the #1 pick because it indicated that he was working with less talent.

Now, as I wait for Jay Leno to start and read a funny webcomic (how am I only just finding out that these things exist?), I see a highlight (on a half-assed sports section of the local news show) of Luck throwing to a wide-open TE who then wandered into the endzone without a single defender in sight.

I'd say that I'm concerned I haven't seen this highlight before, but as I write this I realize that I just don't care anymore. After all of this madness in the offseason, the draft is promising to be excitingly anti-climactic.

"I think some of you should realize that once you start arguing about who sucks more between Sanchez and Tebow that you've lost. No matter which side you're on".

;)

Well, exactly. Which is why Joe Cool is easy to ignore in this case.

And some grown man that goes by the name of 'Bucky' even moreso.

Well, exactly. Which is why Joe Cool is easy to ignore in this case.

And some grown man that goes by the name of 'Bucky' even moreso.

Wait, Bones. Are you arguing because you think Tannehill is a top-10 prospect, or because you're still trying to forget about the NFC Championship game?

I'm not arguing at all.

I wish the best of luck to Tannenbill or whoever he is.

I might try to forget about NFC Championship games, but the 49ers have won so many in my lifetime that it would be counter-productive. And really? Only Cowboys fans can talk shit about this.

I'm not arguing at all.

I wish the best of luck to Tannenbill or whoever he is.

I might try to forget about NFC Championship games, but the 49ers have won so many in my lifetime that it would be counter-productive. And really? Only Cowboys fans can talk shit about this.

You're my favorite fake pirate.

Damn it Bones.... (insert mandatory shit talk)

14 of them !!!!!!! but it is a long ago faded memory....

Brandon Jacobs has agreed to terms with the 49ers

I like this signing. Wright is a speedster, and Gore is getting up there in years (a damn shame too, after Edgerrin James he's probably tied with Steven Jackson for being my second-favorite running back).

This really fits the no-man-before-the-team mentality Harbaugh has displayed to this point. Jacobs has really slown down since about 2008 (goddamn, he was a monster back then), but he can still pick up that key one yard. A good signing in my opinion.

In other news:

-Turnovers are now automatically reviewed. This isn't a bad thing, since we have to sit through commercial 99% of the time anyway.

- OverTime rules for the regular-season are now the same as the OT rules for the playoffs. No more sudden-death in OT (unless Demaryious Thomas is traded to a certain NY team that wears green.)

-They're still working on the wording of moving the trade deadline back from week 6 to week 8 (try and liven it up a bit).

-They're working on doing something fancy with the Injured Reserve system (I don't want to get into it, my pringles aren't going to eat themselves.) Click the link to know more.

-They shot down a proposal to have all Instant Replays done by the booth instead of by the Ref on the field.

-And they shot down a quarterback-protection rule change! Some asshole thought it would be a good idea to outlaw Horsecollar Tackles on QB's in the pocket. The competition committee did not think this was a good idea (because it isn't), and did not approve.

That's all I got for now.

There's no hate like Raider hate. ;)

Hey, Im just saying he's a big bitch. He should be just smashing up the D-line and LB corp with his size. Instead he runs like he's a fragile little flower and stops as soon as someone makes contact with him. Watch film of him...he rarely ever keeps his legs moving after first contact.

Hey, Im just saying he's a big bitch. He should be just smashing up the D-line and LB corp with his size. Instead he runs like he's a fragile little flower and stops as soon as someone makes contact with him. Watch film of him...he rarely ever keeps his legs moving after first contact.

He used to be an unstoppable behemoth, but these days he's just an asshole who doesn't run hard anymore and tries to be a finesse runner.

Archived