NFL: Tebowmania's Migration

Mack Kilimaro

Anyone want to throw up in their mouth? Cool, read on:

That's kind of the difficulty with the whole debate. RGIII comes off as the hyper athletic guy even though Andrew Luck is one of the best QB athletes to come out in years. Meanwhile Luck is seen as the better pure passer although RGIII completes 70% of his passes and has excellent touch. Hard to emphasize the strengths of one without coming off like you're impugning the other. People end up talking about RGIII like he's Michael Vick and they talk about Andrew Luck like he's Peyton Manning but both defy easy categorization. Even if he completes more passes, RGIII's going to have to be on top of his game to make the dynamic impact Vick did. And if Luck has a career half has good as Peyton Manning that's an absolute home run.

Regardless I like that RGIII compared himself to Steve Young and John Elway and I like that Andrew Luck defined himself as a more intellectual Henry Louis Gates.

There was some version of this at U. of Oregon a few years ago, although it was much more infuriating.

Kellen Clemens was having a great senior year; his third year starting, and the ducks were 7-1 or so when he goes down with a season-ending injury. Enter Dennis Dixon and Brady Leaf (yes, Ryan's brother).

They both played decent for being thrown into the mix to the point that Mike Bellotti didn't feel comfortable naming one the full-time guy over the other for the rest of the year. This was almost entirely because of one game-winning drive by Leaf at the end of the first full game sans Clemens. The narrative in the local media about the two quickly because "Leaf is the better thrower" and "Dixon is the better runner." It was one of the laziest and most transparently racist things. Dixon was lightyears better than Leaf at every aspect of throwing the football whether it was judgement, arm strength, quick release, accuracy...it doesn't matter. It was so annoying to hear so many people repeat it. The only thing that was debatable was whether or not Dixon wasn't fully mature...really hard to image in a college sophomore, I know. Two years later Dixon had the Heisman in the bag before another horrific injury, and Leaf had continued to show that he probably wouldn't start at some Big Sky schools.

TE's are the big thing these days. There's no on else available who's worth the pick. This draft class sucks.

I would like to see the Colts trade with the Browns and take both of there number ones this year, a number one next year, and two number twos and pick up Wheedon in the second round and actually rebuild this team.

I would like to see the Colts trade with the Browns and take both of there number ones this year, a number one next year, and two number twos and pick up Wheedon in the second round and actually rebuild this team.

I think you're insane.

I think you're insane.

If the Colts just needed a QB, then I would say the Luck or RGIII pick would be fine. If they were sitting in Washington's shoes, and had a really good defense, then I could justify the pick as well. They are not. They need a new team, and they are sitting on a gold mine. I wish they would have kept Manning and turned the franchise around in two or three years.

Wheedon is going to be a good QB. He would be far ahead of Tannehill on everyone's draft board if he wasn't 29 years old. He has six or seven good years of football in him. With him, and four first round and three second round picks behind him, the Colts could compete again in a hurry.

As it stands now, It will be years before the Colts are playoff contenders. Whoever they get to play QB is going to be shell shocked by the time the rest of the team jells around him.

TE's are the big thing these days. There's no on else available who's worth the pick. This draft class sucks.

This draft class is actually very deep. The only positions that lacks depth is TE, S and maybe DT.

This draft class is actually very deep. The only positions that lacks depth is TE, S and maybe DT.

Huh, I felt like the last few drafts were much deeper on talent. At least I knew some of those players who were second-round talents, as opposed to this year where I feel that everyone is a second-round talent save for 10-15 players.

Being a 3.5 sport whore, I don't pay as much attention to any off-season as some, but from what I gather from 49eer biased sports radio the draft is pretty deep as far as WR at least, which is what we're largely concerned about out here.

Being a 3.5 sport whore, I don't pay as much attention to any off-season as some, but from what I gather from 49eer biased sports radio the draft is pretty deep as far as WR at least, which is what we're largely concerned about out here.

They say "deep". I say "you have to pick someone."

Seahawks are the only ones that changed much visually apparently. I like them.

Adam Kramer had a pretty funny tweet about the Seachickens new gear...

Clearly Nike was going for "most appropriate wardrobe to wear to laser tag" while designing the Seahawks uniforms.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z33/tcastro2416/silly%20crap/Seachickensgear.jpg

Huh, I felt like the last few drafts were much deeper on talent. At least I knew some of those players who were second-round talents, as opposed to this year where I feel that everyone is a second-round talent save for 10-15 players.

There is some truth to this. Players 20-55 are more or less the same player. That being said, there is a lot of talent this year that can come in and help a team, more so than most years. That's why it's deep. The sweet spot this year is in the 2nd-4th round range where there is a shitload of talent.

Adam Kramer had a pretty funny tweet about the Seachickens new gear...

Clearly Nike was going for "most appropriate wardrobe to wear to laser tag" while designing the Seahawks uniforms.

http://i192.photobuc...hickensgear.jpg

The uniforms look like something an indoor team would wear. I'm not complaining, in fact they're kinda cool, but they're radically different than what we usually see.

Archived