NFL: Tebowmania's Migration

Mack Kilimaro

I think some of you should realize that once you start arguing about who sucks more between Sanchez and Tebow that you've lost. No matter which side you're on.

That said, I sure as hell wouldn't drop Smith for Sanchez. Probably not Hasselbeck for Sanchez either.* Moore for Sanchez? meh, what's the point?

* There are many variables to consider here, but in the end 'meh, what's the point?' would be the best case scenario.

Kal got there before I could.

And since I think it makes no sense to use the "going into next year" as a metric...last year I would have used him over Sexy Rexy/Jon Beck platoon, Skelton/Kolb platoon, Painter/Orlovskey platoon, Tavaris Jackson, McCoy, McNabb, Gabbert. I realize most of those guys won't be starting this coming season, but Sanchez will be and he might improve. I wouldn't feel better or worse using Sanchez instead of Ponder, Locker, Hasselbeck, Moore, Henne.

In closing, I don't trust Sanchez to win a Superbowl, I just think that a team could do worse. And that many teams have done worse in the very recent past.

Tebow chose the Jets:

“They said ‘We have a few teams that are interested, similar deals’ and he was very gracious to ask me what I thought,” Tebow said Monday of his conversations with the Broncos last week. “I told him I would love to be the Jet, and I told him that, also, the Jaguars are my hometown and whatever was best for them. He said the same for me. Ultimately they had my contract, they had all the power, but he listened to me and what I had to say. It was very gracious of them because they didn’t have to do that. They could have just done whatever but he listened to me and talked to me and I told him I would love to be a Jet.”

Just goes to the whole undercurrent with him where for all his professed humbleness, he really wants to be in the spotlight. He'll go to the place with more drama if that gives him the opportunity to be the big fish in the big pond.

I really don't want to talk about Tebow right now; its too traumatic. Instead I'll focus on the other big football story, the Saints. Apparently there's discussion of Parcells stepping in as interim head coach. It still seems like a long shot at this point, but I think it'd be cool to see the tuna on the sidelines again.

Did one of the ESPNs really do split-screen between the Tebow press-conference and Skip Bayless tweeting about the Tebow press-conference? I read this somewhere and I can't tell if it's a joke or for real.

Oh... it was real. It was so very real....

Here is my impression of the Tim Tebow press conference

Digging up the dry, dusty bones of Bill Parcells may be the best thing to ever happen for the Saints. With a trip to the playoffs, that would make it FIVE NFL teams for the Tuna. that is absolutely mind blowing.

This off season just keeps getting better. If crazy stuff keeps happening, then I can't imagine what is going to come out of the owners meetings this weeks. Are they going to make hand offs illegal, or mandate that kickers and punters have to play other positions as well?

I was willing to give Tebow some benefit of the doubt last season, but it's becoming pretty clear that this guy is every bit the attention whore that Favre was. You can't pin all the media hype on him, but come on. A presser for a backup QB? Silliness.

Well, when it's the Jets and Tebow involved, it's hard to say who's the ringmaster of the circus, and who's just a dancing bear.

I think some of you should realize that once you start arguing about who sucks more between Sanchez and Tebow that you've lost. No matter which side you're on.

That said, I sure as hell wouldn't drop Smith for Sanchez. Probably not Hasselbeck for Sanchez either.* Moore for Sanchez? meh, what's the point?

* There are many variables to consider here, but in the end 'meh, what's the point?' would be the best case scenario.

I think you've brought reason to this unreasonable debate.

Tebow's big press conference in 10 minutes! Has there ever been a bigger event for a "backup qb" joining a team?

Maybe when Jesse Palmer became The Bachelor?

Jesse Palmer was The Bachelor? Is this a joke, or did I really miss this?

I was willing to give Tebow some benefit of the doubt last season, but it's becoming pretty clear that this guy is every bit the attention whore that Favre was. You can't pin all the media hype on him, but come on. A presser for a backup QB? Silliness.

Agreed. I watched the video of his press-conference, and I still like the guy, but he's a media-slut.

Did one of the ESPNs really do split-screen between the Tebow press-conference and Skip Bayless tweeting about the Tebow press-conference? I read this somewhere and I can't tell if it's a joke or for real.

Awful Announcing was all over it. http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2012-articles/march/the-tim-tebow-press-conference-is-only-slightly-bigger-than-the-moon-landing.html

Let's break down what you can see on ESPN2...

1) Tim Tebow's press conference

2) Skip Bayless tweeting at his laptop

3) The Twitter feed of Skip Bayless BEING BROADCASTED LIVE ON TELEVISION!!!

4) The destruction of American civilization

Before today, I didn't think state controlled media was a good thing. I firmly believe not even the cruelest dictator would allow this though...

I thought they were calling the press conference "media accesibility". To give a back up a press conference would be crazy...

Kal got there before I could.

And since I think it makes no sense to use the "going into next year" as a metric...last year I would have used him over Sexy Rexy/Jon Beck platoon, Skelton/Kolb platoon, Painter/Orlovskey platoon, Tavaris Jackson, McCoy, McNabb, Gabbert. I realize most of those guys won't be starting this coming season, but Sanchez will be and he might improve. I wouldn't feel better or worse using Sanchez instead of Ponder, Locker, Hasselbeck, Moore, Henne.

In closing, I don't trust Sanchez to win a Superbowl, I just think that a team could do worse. And that many teams have done worse in the very recent past.

I would have had NO issues at all if Sanchez had been the back up to Cutler last season...though that's a little different than the original question...

Archived