NFL: Tebowmania's Migration

Mack Kilimaro

Would love to see Tebow's reaction to Rex Ryan dropping f-bombs left and right.

Or what if Tebow's presence keeps Rex from swearing?

Denver press point out that Coach Fox has a mouth on him as well, and of course he spent a year with Kid McD, and he cussed like a frat boy.

Really like the new Bears uniforms. The GSH is more prominent, the striping bigger. IT reminds me a lot of 1985.

Also like the Seahawks, but that's not a surprise given that I'm an Oregon fan.

Eagles sign LT Demetress Bell. He will replace Jason Peters, a different Bills LT that the Eagles acquired. Yet another OL free agent that the Redskins wanted but have been unable to get because they have $18 million in salary cap space being held by the league. No word yet on when the appeal will occur, but even if the NFL decision is completely reversed (which seems unlikely) the damage is mostly done for this year; most free agents worth signing have signed somewhere.

In other news, RGIII declined the Colts invitation for a private workout. This seems to indicate that he would rather go to the Redskins at #2 than the Colts at #1, which makes some sense. The scheme is better suited for him and the team is closer to winning that the Colts, who are still in tear-down mode. Or it could mean nothing, and he's just tired of being expected to workout constantly, since he already has plenty of game tape, and the NFL Combine and the Baylor Pro Day. If the Colts need yet another look at him to make up their mind then they are taking indecisiveness to a whole new level.

In other news, RGIII declined the Colts invitation for a private workout. This seems to indicate that he would rather go to the Redskins at #2 than the Colts at #1, which makes some sense. The scheme is better suited for him and the team is closer to winning that the Colts, who are still in tear-down mode. Or it could mean nothing, and he's just tired of being expected to workout constantly, since he already has plenty of game tape, and the NFL Combine and the Baylor Pro Day. If the Colts need yet another look at him to make up their mind then they are taking indecisiveness to a whole new level.

It was later reported that RGIII was going to refuse any private workout but because the Skins weren't going to ask him for one, I can see how the Colts may view this as a diss. Whatever is the truth there, I do believe the notion that RGIII saw the writing on the wall and didn't want to go through some dog-and-pony show in Indy just for them to inevitably pick Luck. I think him showing up to sign autographs at a Chantilly card show a couple weeks ago reflects where he's convinced he's gonna end up.

Anyway, if RGIII is this sure he's gonna be a Redskin, I think all the mixed signals coming from Irsay and the Colts Front Office are and have been bullshit, either as an attempted leverage play as they negotiate with Luck or more likely to generate more drama (no NFL owner loves the attention quite as much as the one with the twitter account).

Eagles sign LT Demetress Bell.He will replace Jason Peters, a different Bills LT that the Eagles acquired. Yet another OL free agent that the Redskins wanted but have been unable to get because they have $18 million in salary cap space being held by the league. No word yet on when the appeal will occur, but even if the NFL decision is completely reversed (which seems unlikely) the damage is mostly done for this year; most free agents worth signing have signed somewhere.

Jaime nailed it. Griffin has refused to workout for any team, and the media just made a big deal about it.

Really like the new Bears uniforms. The GSH is more prominent, the striping bigger. IT reminds me a lot of 1985.

In an interview with Urlacher at the unveiling, they were talking about how snug the new uniform is, and - while he said it in a joking manner - basically said it'll be harder for teams to hold Peppers as much now. That's a good thing. I don't pay specific attention to DEs in other games I watch like I do Peppers when watching the Bears, so I don't know if there is an epidemic of non-calls last season, but damn that dude was ridiculously abused.

Part of it is his own fault, though, because he doesn't raise his hand to get a ref's attention. But I'll be looking to see if it makes a difference.

The notion that iraqi (autocorrected from irsay) would be doing this to help with negotiations for luck is silly; the rookie wage and pay scale basically obliterated any special bargaining power and how much each pick gets paid is determined almost entirely by the salary cap. It'd be like threatening to bring in Peyton manning so you can quibble about 50k a year.

The notion that iraqi (autocorrected from irsay) would be doing this to help with negotiations for luck is silly; the rookie wage and pay scale basically obliterated any special bargaining power and how much each pick gets paid is determined almost entirely by the salary cap. It'd be like threatening to bring in Peyton manning so you can quibble about 50k a year.

You're right. Irsay just wanted some fucking headlines.

How the hell do you get warning points! I want some. I feel like a fool everything I see the big fat 0 down there.

You're right. Irsay just wanted some fucking headlines.

How the hell do you get warning points! I want some. I feel like a fool everything I see the big fat 0 down there.

Irsay is a tool... He is quickly climbing into Dan Snyder/Jerry Jones territory...

I don't have any warning points either... How the hell did that happen? I thought that I had offended everyone around here at one point or another.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d828195b9/article/louisiana-senate-panel-passes-resolution-in-support-of-saints?module=HP11_headline_stack

So the Louisiana locals feel that the Saints' punishment was too harsh. Go figure!

In other news:

Gays, queers, derogatory comments about other people's sexuality. PUNISH ME. GIVE ME WARNING POINTS!

The thing that's struck me the most about the whole Bounty scandal has been the sheer ARROGANCE that oozed from New Orleans. NFL investigates and warns them. They ignore that and keep on doing it. But even worse...there is now tape of Gregg Williams urging his players to injure the Niners in the playoff game. It's not some secret recording, the Saints let the reporter follow and record them that entire season...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7778005/gregg-williams-told-new-orleans-saints-hurt-san-francisco-49ers-speech

According to Pamphilon, Gregg Williams pointed to his chin while telling his players to hit Niners quarterback Alex Smith "right there" and says "Remember me. I got the first one. I got the first one. Go get it. Go lay that m----------- out."

Williams uses one of his favorite slogans in the speech: "Kill the head and the body will die."

On Gore: "We've got to do everything in the world to make sure we kill Frank Gore's head. We want him running sideways. We want his head sideways."

On running back Kendall Hunter: "Little 32, we're going to knock the f--- out of him."

On Smith: "Every single one of you, before you get off the pile, affect the head. Early, affect the head. Continue, touch and hit the head."

On Kyle Williams: "We need to find out in the first two series of the game, that little wide receiver, No. 10, about his concussion. We need to f------ put a lick on him right now. He needs to decide. He needs to f------ decide."

On Crabtree: "We need to decide whether Crabtree wants to be a fake-ass prima donna, or he wants to be a tough guy. We need to find out. He becomes human when we f------ take out that outside ACL."

On Davis: "We need to decide how many times we can bull rush and and we can f------ put Vernon Davis' ankles over the pile."

There might be a defense that the Giants also targeted #10 Kyle Williams head the following week. But the NFL investigated the film and found no evidence that the G-Men intentionally tried to injure Williams http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/25/kyle-williams-concussions-49ers-target-giants-nfl-video_n_1230357.html

The thing that's struck me the most about the whole Bounty scandal has been the sheer ARROGANCE that oozed from New Orleans. NFL investigates and warns them. They ignore that and keep on doing it. But even worse...there is now tape of Gregg Williams urging his players to injure the Niners in the playoff game. It's not some secret recording, the Saints let the reporter follow and record them that entire season...

http://espn.go.com/n...co-49ers-speech

There might be a defense that the Giants also targeted #10 Kyle Williams head the following week. But the NFL investigated the film and found no evidence that the G-Men intentionally tried to injure Williams http://www.huffingto..._n_1230357.html

"Affect the head!" -- when the NFL is awash in concussion lawsuits. Incredible. Indefensible. If Gregg Williams never got a job in football again, I wouldn't be surprised.

Long before the SuperDome,

Where the Saints of football play,

Lived a city that the damned called home,

Hear their hellish roundelay...

New Orleeeans...

Home of pirates, drunks, and whores!

New Orleeeans...

Tacky, overpriced, souvenir stores!

If you want to go to Hell, you should make that trip

to the Sodom and Gomorrah on the Mississipp'!

New Orleeeans...

Stinking, rotten, vomiting, vile!

New Orleaaans...

Putrid, brackish, maggoty, foul!

New Orleeeans...

Crummy, lousy, rancid, and rank!

That tape now confirms Gregg Williams is the closest thing to a real life John Kreese that professional sports has ever seen. He even looks like him. Those quotes are so over the top - it's amazing he'd do it knowing he's being videotaped by people outside the lockerroom. Anyway it shatters the hazy hypothetical of "injuring players". But when you get the details of what he was getting his guys to do to specific players, this isn't the innocuous "$1,000 for a sack or a fumble", this is trying to end guys' careers in part to win football games, but I think even more than that, gain the reputation of being a feared and intimidating defense.

The guy is a Buddy Ryan disciple - you get the sense he wants a bodybag game of his own to really leave his mark on the league. Most everyone else understands you can't pull that shit anymore, but I'm sure Gregg just sees it as old school football. A lot of euphemisms get couched in terms like that.

I also do wonder where all this woulda ended up if he remained the Skins coach or moreso if Sean Taylor hadn't been murdered. The disturbing truth is that kind of coach with that kind of player could've ended in a Darryl Stingley situation or worse.

Archived