What Will Become of House Lannister? (spoiler-ish)

Tommen and Myrcella are not Robert's children, so they shouldn't inherit the crown. They are, however 100% Lannister - being the children of incest won't cancel their rights as Lannisters. Their status as bastards might.

ETA: Except they are not bastards, since they were born to a married couple, whether or not the couple were both parents. They were still born within a marriage.

They, despite of being lovely childs, are bastards because they aren´t the legitimate children of a married couple, but the offspring of two traitors: Cersei and Jaime.

And worst, regarding their right to have the Lannister name, is that they are both children of a incestuous relation, and no one in Westeros (except the Targaryens) would find that acceptable.

So: a axe waits for the head of Tyrion, Lancel is a knight sworn to the High Sparrow, Jaime and Cersei probably will be dead within the next books; Martyn is the only with conditions to inherit the Westerlands and Casterly Rock.

Meh after Tyrion in Dance i couldnt care what happens him.Isnt Daven being set up for a remake of the RW?I agree and think everyone does that Cersei will bite the dust soon.I think Jaime has it in him if he survives.Whoever sits on the Iron Throne in the end will probablynot want him in the KG so the best he can hope for is dismissal like Barristan.This would only happen though if he fulfills his redemption arc and lives

Whats with all the Tommen hating :( he's just a sweet little boy whose only crime is being born into House Lannister - and attempting to outlaw beets, apparently :P

Look at the fuss when George Bush said he didn't like Broccolli....those beet farmers will be out for Tommen's blood! :)

Look at the fuss when George Bush said he didn't like Broccolli....those beet farmers will be out for Tommen's blood! :)

:lol: Noooo!

In all seriousness, who could kill Tommen? I don't think even Stannis has it in him, product of incest or no.

In all seriousness, who could kill Tommen? I don't think even Stannis has it in him, product of incest or no.

Tell that to Edric Storm for others Darkstar, Jon Connington, maybe Lady Nym, probably some of the Tyrells... No points for being cute in Westeros.

They, despite of being lovely childs, are bastards because they aren´t the legitimate children of a married couple, but the offspring of two traitors: Cersei and Jaime.

And worst, regarding their right to have the Lannister name, is that they are both children of a incestuous relation, and no one in Westeros (except the Targaryens) would find that acceptable.

So: a axe waits for the head of Tyrion, Lancel is a knight sworn to the High Sparrow, Jaime and Cersei probably will be dead within the next books; Martyn is the only with conditions to inherit the Westerlands and Casterly Rock.

I will repeat - the children were born to a married couple. They are not bastards. They are not not the legitimate children, which is the definition of bastard. The Lannister House and all its branches will close rank together and protect their own. If you don't think Jaime is a hero in the eyes of his cousins and friends who are fighting by his side, we are reading different books. The people who accept Jaime will accept his children. He even thinks the Martells will still accept Myrcella. Why not - they married Elia to a product of incest. And depending on what they end up doing, Cersei and Tyrion will be taken in by the family as well.

Darkstar, Sand Snakes, The Queen of Thorns, Littlefinger, most of the Freys, Roose, Ramsay, Lady Dustin, Euron, Victarion, etc.

There are so many dicks in Westeros, and only a few of them are literal.

And by the way, if we were judging Tommen and Myrcella by today's standards, which people repeatedly insist we do, both Tommen and Myrcella have the right to inherit the throne, because King Robert accepted them as his children. All this "true born heir" stuff is nonsense.

Go to the internet and look up the familial speculation on a certain second son who is well known and well loved and is 2nd 3rd in line to the throne.

Edit for heinous treasonous misspeak/write

Tell that to Edric Storm for others Darkstar, Jon Connington, maybe Lady Nym, probably some of the Tyrells... No points for being cute in Westeros.

Darkstar, Sand Snakes, The Queen of Thorns, Littlefinger, most of the Freys, Roose, Ramsay, Lady Dustin, Euron, Victarion, etc.

There are so many dicks in Westeros, and only a few of them are literal.

How did I know this would happen as soon as I posted that :lol: I just don't think he'll die at someone else's hand - he's completely innocent, as is Myrcella. That's important. Why bother making the rest of the Lannisters dickheads and leaving just those as perfectly nice kids?

@Fragile Bird - who's that? I know there's some speculation about Harry but he's 3rd in line to the English throne..

How did I know this would happen as soon as I posted that :lol: I just don't think he'll die at someone else's hand - he's completely innocent, as is Myrcella. That's important. Why bother making the rest of the Lannisters dickheads and leaving just those as perfectly nice kids?

@Fragile Bird - who's that? I know there's some speculation about Harry but he's 3rd in line to the English throne..

Sorry - we here in the colonies seem to have forgotten about daddy already....he'll die before mom the way she's going, God bless her, her royal majesty! :bowdown:

Tyrion will be the only survivor IMO.

Tommen and Myrcella have to die, as sad as that is.

Jaime will die a hero IMO.

Cersei will be killed by Jaime as a little laugh at the Valonqar prophecy.

Lancel is a nutcase.

Though I think Tyrion might decide to make himself the last Lannister.

Sorry - we here in the colonies seem to have forgotten about daddy already....he'll die before mom the way she's going, God bless her, her royal majesty! :bowdown:

60 years on the throne, God Save The Queen! *salutes*

:lol: We forget about Charles as well sometimes, poor bloke.

Well Jon Connington did mention or think something about wanting to end the Usurpers line and seems to wish he had taken a few more leaves out of Tywin Lannister's book....so....me thinks both Myrcella and Tommen will not live long. :(

Well Jon Connington did mention or think something about wanting to end the Usurpers line and seems to wish he had taken a few more leaves out of Tywin Lannister's book....so....me thinks both Myrcella and Tommen will not live long. :(

Connington will die a painful death from greyscale before he can pull a Gregor on the children :devil:

I don't actually know why I want him to survive so much - Westeros is horrible :lol:

Hmm, maybe Cersei will try to kill Tommen before Aegon/Dany/Stannis/Father Christmas can come to kill him, which makes Jaime kill her and then fly off (not literally, but who knows) with Tommen to the safety of CR :D

I will repeat - the children were born to a married couple. They are not bastards. They are not not the legitimate children, which is the definition of bastard. The Lannister House and all its branches will close rank together and protect their own. If you don't think Jaime is a hero in the eyes of his cousins and friends who are fighting by his side, we are reading different books. The people who accept Jaime will accept his children. He even thinks the Martells will still accept Myrcella. Why not - they married Elia to a product of incest. And depending on what they end up doing, Cersei and Tyrion will be taken in by the family as well.

Those same bannermen would also probably love to remove the Lannisters from Casterly Rock for good. Tywin did a good job of making his underlings into kow-towing dogs but now that he and Kevan are dead, they would feel more emboldened. Why shouldn't a Marbrand or a Brax try to seize the Rock? Who's stopping them? The lesser branches of the Lannister family were no match for Tywin's line.

Not having read DwD yet leaves me a little 'short'...couldn't resist that, of Tyrion history however there are a few points which convince me that he could be the saviour of the Lannister name and heritage.

From memory in the first book he was asked by someone why he read so much, and he explained about how a person has to make the best use of what cards he has been dealt, and what he lacks in physical stature, he makes up for with his brain.

An attribute he has used to survive through all the challenges he has faced throughout the story, and if the Red Viper hadn't been such a 'Poseing Prat', he would have got away with his last trial too.....of course then he wouldn't have had that one on one with his dad in the crapper, but I digress.....while his 'Short', time has Hand made him a few enemies it did prove he has the strategic and organizational nouse to manage a small kingdom, and even the Battle of the Blackwater showed he can whield a mean axe or two.....

Tyrion gets my vote of saviour of the Lannister Clan.

Somehow I do not think that Tyrion will get everything: survival, personal happiness, dragonriding and Casterly Rock.

He may get the Rock but sit there alone and bitter.

He may find personal happiness, i.e. a love interest and a meaning in life as ruler, adventurer or scientist but not as the Lannister of Casterly Rock because he is beyond that emotionally.

Or he may die a glorious crazy death as the ultimate hero of the series.

But I want him to ride a DRAGON!

And, who says that Tommen's kittens aren't in fact little lions, VERY little lions! They will grow up and Tommen will warg into them. That cute boy seems so harmless but when it comes to the really important things he will certainly become a player. This is the deconstruction of the fairy tale prince topic, from pawn to lion warg! How could we ever assume that he might be just an average nice boy!

Remember the prophecy!

I have really come to like the Lannisters over the last few books -- even Cersei for some reason??? Probably because i picture Lena Headey, since the show... Anyhow, i still think that most of them are going to perish in TWoW. I do hope Tyrion survives, though, and if he does, it seems like he is going to be the catalyst for his House's ultimate destruction, especially with his as yet unrevealed motives with Brown Ben Plumm. And sadly, Tommen and Myrcella are going down.

Archived