warning points? what are those about?

MercenaryChef

Also, my professionalism as a software designer is annoyed at “1 warning points”, with the false plural. That’s simply lazy and an eye-sore to me.

I demand either

1. somebody fix this to “1 warning point.”

2. let me turn it off

3. give me another point

Cali, you have some kind of judging eye!

Of all the denizens of westeros.org, none are more blasted than the Happy Ent, whose sins run so deep Calibandar can scarce glance at him without his eyes rebelling. He is an impossible figure, a heaving motley of monstrosities, angelic beauty marred by sorcerous ugliness, blotted by ages of moral obscenity.

I am curious to know for what my warning points were earned.*

I know I'm an ass often enough, but I don't usually intend to cross wherever the line may be.

* totally not whoring myself to get the super-sexy, uber-intelligent mod crew to PM me. As far as you know.

ETA: But on a seriousish note, when I click on the warnings it takes me to a page that says "no warnings to display." Not very informative, that.

It seems that every time Ran and Linda update the forum software, all notes are deleted. Each of those warnings at one time had a note attached, but now they are lost to the mists of time. The notes are to let the other mods (and, now, the recipients) know why someone's warning level was altered. They usually say things like "spamming," "trolling," or "being a Tim Tebow fan."

Glad to see I'm not the only one..

And here's a suggestion for the Mods. If you really want to hurt people and make them mind their manners, when someone gets a point - you should tag them as a Frey.

Like 1 point = 1/8 blood relation and so on --- Nobody wants to be a Frey

The board is in performance mode and will be until the end of season 2. Profiles, search, and a variety of other functions are shut off at this time.

This is now also time to put your tray back up, straighten your seat back, secure your seatbelt, then grab your ankle and assume the crash-landing position in anticipation of the flood landing.

Remember, too, that your seat cushion can be used as a floatation device.

I would like to protest my warning point. Unfortunately I have no idea what I did to get it. Though based on the fact that I am awesome I'm absolutely certain I didn't deserve it.

Actually, when do we meet?

How about August? I have all my holiday in August and Skåne is pretty at that time of year.

Regarding the warning point, I was innocent! (this time...)

You only have one?

Loser.

I have 0. :crying:

*expects a flood of warning points coming in*

I don't think it's a matter of passion about a theory, topic, or character, but a matter of debate decorum.

There are some people who really go overboard, and personally attack others for their ideas, or theories.

That type of thing can really turn people off of a forum like this.

When your dealing with an unfinished work, most everything is going to be opinion and speculation, so no one person will have the answer on how the work will end, but there are those who seem to have a "my way, or the highway" attitude regarding theories, and it's not only not any fun anymore, but it really isn't a great excercise in debate as all they do is shut the conversation down.

I always say respect is the best way to go even if you don't agree with someone.

Just my two cents.

Archived