[BOOK/TV SPOILERS] TWOP n00bs Thread II

Xray the Enforcer

The Unsullied discussing what was going to happen when Cat asked for Brienne's sword while confronting Jaime in his cage. Someone suggested she should/would/might cut out his tongue. And then this exchange... :P

Oh and I hope when Cat does take Jaime's tongue, some of the aggrieved ask him "what's the matter? Cat got your tongue?"

Grooooaaan. And no more snark from the SnarkMaester. I grieve.

Oh and I hope when Cat does take Jaime's tongue, some of the aggrieved ask him "what's the matter? Cat got your tongue?"

I agree, that was funny as hell !!

But I'm quite sure we'll have Jaime's hand chopped at the end of the season, I wonder how they will react to this !

They've picked up on that too, already! I don't think Jaime will lose his hand this season, I think his arc will end with him and brienne on the run. We'll get the de-handing early to mid S3.

How about this speculation on what Cat intends to do with Brienne's sword?

I thought maybe she was going to cut the tendons in his hand or something, thereby rendering him useless as a warrior (which would be as good as killing him...at least in Jaime's eyes)

I wonder if any of those Unsullied are secret book readers or possess other spoiler information. Wouldn't be the first time a book reader inserts him/herself to a no-book discussion.

On the other hand enough people throwing wild guesses means that someone will eventually be right.

They all have very lovely ideas! Reminds me of the numerous theories I had after reading GOT, only to be smashed right back to my face by the next books.

That aside, some of their predictions are disturbingly spot on. I am jealous.

I was impressed at people picking up on the possibility of Jaime losing his hand, or it being severely maimed. I'm sure there will be a huge sense of satisfation when those people can say "I called it" when it happens. I choose to believe these folks are just really good at picking what's coming and that they are not bookwalkers, because that's what keeps this threead interesting.

I see that the topic of who sent the assassin for Bran came up again recently, I wonder how many episodes go by between mentions of the failed assassination attempt. Though I think it's possibly got more to do with when Joff does something truly hateful.

I don't think Jaime is going to lose his fighting ability. As he said himself, he's rubbish at everything else. While being absolutely useless might serve as a wakeup call, I can't see his story having any direction from there. Well, except death. But I don't want that to happen, he's too entertaining.

This one at least will be surprised.

I was impressed at people picking up on the possibility of Jaime losing his hand, or it being severely maimed.

Yeah, I'm jaleous, it came at a total surprise for me !

I dont think Unsullied are enjoying this season as much as the last. Seems to be a lot of yawning out there for the Jon/Dany plot lines. I loved the person who suggested that Ygritte replace Jon Snow as a character. I've wished that GRRM had made her the #1 Wall POV many times.

This had me laughing in regards to Jaime's amputation.

Hee. It sounds a lot like what would Stannis do? Maybe Jaime would admire the justice of it and become a devoted (Stark)follower like Davos did with Stannis?

I think maybe not. My take on him is more likely he'd play out the Monty Python Black Knight routine - only with more blood and more starksnark.

I cant see Robb dying, so much tension would fall out of the show without a significant force in the north. This show is all about the Starks and the North.

Oh, if only that were so. Remember Ned. :P But they were right about Cat.

Sansa or Cat would be my calls as most likely to get the chop. Probably Cat, Sansa's story has so much potential.

Hmm, Catelyn dying almost seems logical as it forces the children to stand on their own.

I imagined the Red Wedding will be a huge shock for this person since both the person they believed will certainly be in the death pool and the person they believed to be totally safe died in the same scene. This just highlights for me the wonderful and frightening aspect of this series that nobody is safe.

I'm bit dissapointed no one has yet 'gone there' with cercei's comment about "I always hoped he'd be like Jaime, he looks like him. In a certain light." ... Maybe it's just my very dirty mind and I should be happy no one has stooped quite that low...

I'm bit dissapointed no one has yet 'gone there' with cercei's comment about "I always hoped he'd be like Jaime, he looks like him. In a certain light." ... Maybe it's just my very dirty mind and I should be happy no one has stooped quite that low...

:ack:

Once again, the ladies of TWoP make their fantasies known... :P

And I still love Jorah's wordless adoration, and would listen to that man read the phone book. Preferably with Jaqen and Jaime feeding me grapes at the same time.

I think I see a similarity between the robe/dress Melisander was wearing before the sex scene with Stannis and the dress of the Masked Lady.Their jewelry look similar too. The same hexagon pattern everywhere.

Glad one noticed ! After the whole talk about succession, I'm glad one of them talks about something else! =D

I don't count king of Qarth because I think Ducksauce has a short shelf life, and the story will leave Qarth behind as soon as Dany and the dragonettes can fly away.

'Dany and the Dragonettes'. Right up there with 'Dark Sister' as very cool names for girl-groups.

Archived