[BOOK/TV SPOILERS] TWOP n00bs Thread II

Xray the Enforcer

Yeah the person corrected it too

Peeps, I saw all that, too. But again (sigh, jeebus, I'm sooooo freakin' tired of this...) our mods here have decreed that the purpose of this thread is NOT for us to gossip and smirk about the posters at another site. This is not kindergarten, hello. Nor are we old ladies sitting on the porch, thrilled to find something nasty and ugly to pass along to one another. Gossip, gossip, gossip.

You know, I've had it. I've kept this thread alive for years now--years-- saw it shut down for the stupid old-lady gossip that never ends, Convinced the mods here to let us re-open, promising to keep it clean. Its impossible. Gossip and smirking (hee, hee, giggle, giggle,smirk, gotcha!) is apparently more enjoyable than actually taking in the insights, wit and thoughtful thought that the Unsullied bring to the series and that we're allowed to bring here to this site.

I'm done. Gossip away. Get this thread closed again, for good this time. Have at it.

Geez, settle down, what's the big deal? What could possibly be the huge problem about these few posts? Come on.

The 'problem' is that our mods have said no one here can accuse anyone there of being a bookwalker, because its easy enough for anyone here to go over there and see who exactly is being talked about. Its cheap gossip, from one site (here) about another site (there), and its none of our business. TWoP will police their own alleged bookwalkers. Its none of our business.

In any case, have at it. I'm done trying to keep this thread clean. Have at it.

Well I thought the policy was against naming specific posters as bookwalkers, not sharing a general feeling on the matter. But fine, I'll stop saying anything like that in the future if people are so sensitive about it that it'll cause a thread lock. Forget I said anything...

dont think we need to close this thread... for the few months I've been in it, there was, yes, some deviances, and that is too much a big word, but all in all, it is a really nice thread to be and we all enjoy it, so I say: let's keep rocking !

And Tyrion. I think it's possible that he may be acknowledged as a savior by the people of King's Landing, and a military genius by all but his father (sister and nephew). Tyrion's life's task could become dealing with prosperity, with popular acclaim. Will he still know who he is when others call him a hero?

Sweet summer child...

I apologize to all the regulars here for my over-the-top anger last night. It was... over the top. Tough, exhausting day, some bad personal news, and then sat down here to relax and browse threads, and-- here we go again, more 'outing' of bookwalkers, for what seemed like the gazillionth time. I was suddenly simply enraged and my response was way out of line. Again, my sincere apologies to all. I'm not gonna mini-moderate this thread any more. This thread's got a good, loyal following now. Y'all know the rules, perhaps y'all can step in on your own to keep the place clean and functioning.

Again, my sincere apology to everyone. I went off on a rant, I was wrong, and I'm sorry for it.

I enjoy how they all think we will have a major death in the upcoming episode... they're gonna be disapointed / relieved ! ^^

I love the list

So beginning with those who seem to me the sure suvivors: they carry the saga, or embody a theme, or anchor an arc or serve some other vital dynamic.

Heirs of the Saga: Flame-Proof Throughout

Jon Snow

Dany

Bran

Arya

Tyrion

Blessed Be the Meek or Misbegotten: Safe as Houses

Gendry

Samwell

Redemption Arc: Safe Until Near Endgame

Jaime (see also below)

Jorah (see also below)

The Hound

To Witness and Suffer: Safe for Now

Cat among the combatants

Sansa among the Lannisters

Good Help is Hard to Find: Survive the Season

Bronn (see also below)

Brienne

Hodor

Osha

A Man

Spares of the Heirs: Survive the Season

Rickon

Commander Mormont

Mycella, Tommen

Spares of the Heirs: Get Your Affairs in Order

Stannis

Tywin

Robb

Too Evil to Die: Survive the Season

Joffrey

Cersei

Too Rotten To Live: 'Nuff Said

Theon

Broken Things: Sorry for Your Loss

Shae

A Party in Their Mouths: Snark On!

Bronn

Jaime

As big a jerk as Theon is, and he takes the cake - his first matey is way worse. Theon would've given the farmer a bag of gold - matey killed him and his wife both. And most of the terrible things Theon has done have been matey's ideas, as well. (Of course, this doesn't let Theon off the hook. He's a jerk, and stupid as well...his sister Yara is no genius either, though. I don't think she was taunting him for not running away consciously, I don't think she's that clever; but I do think that's her opinion of him - coward - and it came out in a subconscious way in what she said. It also showed her hatred of him or extreme dislike - she is siding with his captives. Heh.)

Seems that the device is working...

Is the TV show making things more obvious? (They all seem pretty sure Robb will die). Although after this season, folks may realize it's not really an "anyone can die" type of story...

My non reading roommates definately have Robb in the dead pool. I do and don't think its obvious. My friends figure Robb's whole purpose in the story is going to war. Wars have to end. The Lannisters are too entertaining and Robb is boring(my friends words not mine). Especially after this last episode, they pretty much put Robb in the coffin."Shit's starting to hit the fan" for Robb.They figure he marries talissa, breaking his vow to frey. Frey kills him. I'm hoping the whole Edmure/Roslin contract, makes them doubt thier theory. Cause I"m really getting sick of them yelling "dead man walking" everytime he comes on screen. They also figure if you get the memorable/good lines, you're not dying- Tyrion, Jaimie, Bronn,Varys,Dolorious Edd,Samwell,Margeary,Stannis

My non reading roommates definately have Robb in the dead pool. I do and don't think its obvious. My friends figure Robb's whole purpose in the story is going to war. Wars have to end. The Lannisters are too entertaining and Robb is boring(my friends words not mine). Especially after this last episode, they pretty much put Robb in the coffin."Shit's starting to hit the fan" for Robb.They figure he marries talissa, breaking his vow to frey. Frey kills him. I'm hoping the whole Edmure/Roslin contract, makes them doubt thier theory. Cause I"m really getting sick of them yelling "dead man walking" everytime he comes on screen. They also figure if you get the memorable/good lines, you're not dying- Tyrion, Jaimie, Bronn,Varys,Dolorious Edd,Samwell,Margeary,Stannis

Which is true, as it happens.

I also think it's funny how they're predicting Dany to be at Westeros by Season 4/5. How very wrong they are.

Ha it is kind of wierd that the biggest battle in the show is the one where noone important dies. I suspect the reaction at the end of the year will be I can't believe we made it through season 2 with Renly being the only important person to die. Season 3 is going to be hilarious to follow.

Ha it is kind of wierd that the biggest battle in the show is the one where noone important dies. I suspect the reaction at the end of the year will be I can't believe we made it through season 2 with Renly being the only important person to die. Season 3 is going to be hilarious to follow.

Yep, they'll all be: "Well perhaps they realised that Ned's death was a bit much. I guess we wont get many major deaths from now on."

I enjoy the most recent (presently) post: the guy noticing Renly too changed his sigil, Joffrey does not wear any Baratheon colours, there was a lady warrior last year at Robb's council (Dacey Mormont ?)... and the small details that bookwalkers love in an adaptation.

Looks like George did a good job introducing the Rains of Castamere. The Unsullied have definitely picked up on it, so that nicely sets up the heart drop moment of recognising the song at the red wedding. They'll have to keep it in audience minds by having people mention it a time or 2 next season.

Some comment about the first half of the show being all lead up and maybe a tad slow, but brilliant pay off. But mostly people happy with the whole thing.

I enjoy the most recent (presently) post: the guy noticing Renly too changed his sigil, Joffrey does not wear any Baratheon colours, there was a lady warrior last year at Robb's council (Dacey Mormont ?)... and the small details that bookwalkers love in an adaptation.

I always thought it was Maege Mormont, not Dacey. We only see her shortly in season one when they bring the Lannister spy to Robb and she seemed too old to be Dacey.

Yep, after rewatching, I guess she's supposed to be Maege...

Anyway, glad to see they enjoyed the episode !

I'd like them to accept informations from the DVDs, like backstory and stuff, it will help them a lot in understanding the show !

Maybe we get a Joffrey/Marg wedding, a real dream wedding after this unexpected victory by the Lannisters on the field. It's like a fairy tale, only the bad guys are taking the place of the heroes ...

Had to laugh aloud guys... :lmao:

Anyway, it looks like they still speculate if Sansa left with the Hound or stayed behind and wonder why she would not go with him.

I am surprised how fast are they picking up things as well, I don't remember being so fast when I was watching S1 without ever touching the books back then...

Archived