Series three characters

Arataniello

The purple wedding should take place in S3..... It'd make a good, shocking finale

Nah, too many "bloody" weddings in one season :P I would love to see the Red Wedding in S3 episode 9 and with no revenge for the good guys in sight. Show-only fans' reaction: priceless!

Nah, too many "bloody" weddings in one season :P I would love to see the Red Wedding in S3 episode 9 and with no revenge for the good guys in sight. Show-only fans' reaction: priceless!

We would lose a lot of fans though.

Why? Ned's death surely turned off some people, but not loads. Why should the RW be any different, especially that by that point people will know what kind of show this is. Many of the Unsullied have already marked Robb as a dead man walking. So long as we get some form of uplifting event like Dracarys for the finale it'll be fine.

If you think about it, each of the Houses lost their main actor/character in season one - Ned Stark, Khal Drogo, King Robert and Viserys Targaryen. Each house continued in season two, with other characters stepping forward to assume a larger role. When the RW take place, we'll lose Starks but gain more stories with the Martells. It'll be a natural shift from one series of events, to another. Given that we see events ranging from the Wall, to Kings Landing, to Essos, I don't think people will feel the effects of no Robb too badly. GOT is supported heavily by its variety of plots and Houses.

By the time the RW happens people will have invested too much interest in GOT to simply switch off.

Any news on the return of Ser Barristan?

Ian's tweets that I thought was concerning his impending return to GOT:

[1] - (May 23rd) - Heading to London for a meeting re a TV series and going to see a play starring a pal of mine. Catch you all soon.

[2] - (June 5th) - many thanks to @westerosorg for a really interesting and comprehensive history of Barristan the Bold. Cheers

Looks like after his meeting with GOT producers in London, he started back into researching his character.

The purple wedding should take place in S3..... It'd make a good, shocking finale

The final line being Cersei announcing for Tyrion to be arrested, then a whole year to find out what happens to Tyrion, if Sansa escaped, Jon seeing Stannis's army, Dany maybe getting to Astapor. All great ways to finish the season. They can then introduce the Greyjoys etc in Season 4 and have Tywin killed in the penultimate episode, followed by some of the fallout in the Red Keep etc.

Just cannot see Purple Wedding in S3. I think S4 will end with Tyrion in Pentos, the wedding taking place a few episodes beforehand.

RW at the end of S3 will really test the show-only fans love of the series :P A lot of people had to take time away from the books after reading RW. I had to put the fucker down and sign up here to rant. The reaction will be insane.

RW at the end of S3 will really test the show-only fans love of the series

:P

A lot of people had to take time away from the books after reading RW. I had to put the fucker down and sign up here to rant. The reaction will be insane.

I really didnt have a problem reading the RW and continued reading the book naturally, it surprised me but didnt chocked me to death...

I wonder: When Coldhands is cast, will they work in the theory that he is Benjen Stark?

Really, really, really curious to see Coldhands in the show, really tricky for them...

I think the Martells should be introduced well before the PW as was the case in the books.

The PW could be a much better mystery for non readers if there are more people that could be responsible for it and the mention of Martells being poisoners would convince many non readers that they had a hand in it.

If we get QoT in S3 and end the season somewhere around RW then the Martells can be held off until S4 but I think we need at least 2-3 episodes of Martells in KL before PW to increase the who-done-it factor.

Just cannot see Purple Wedding in S3. I think S4 will end with Tyrion in Pentos, the wedding taking place a few episodes beforehand.

RW at the end of S3 will really test the show-only fans love of the series :P A lot of people had to take time away from the books after reading RW. I had to put the fucker down and sign up here to rant. The reaction will be insane.

I read through the whole red wedding chapter, and the following arya chapter, without flinching or blinking or breathing, I felt like the wind was taken out of me. I then set the book down and paced my house saying all of kinds of stuff to myself under my breath, then I ran back to the book to flip through and see if there was another ayra chapter and that she wasn't dead. The red wedding certainly didn't make me want to stop reading the books, not even a little bit. It was a pretty epic scene in it's tragedy though. If anything, I think it will increase interest in the show even further, as you said: insane reaction.

I read through the whole red wedding chapter, and the following arya chapter, without flinching or blinking or breathing, I felt like the wind was taken out of me. I then set the book down and paced my house saying all of kinds of stuff to myself under my breath, then I ran back to the book to flip through and see if there was another ayra chapter and that she wasn't dead. The red wedding certainly didn't make me want to stop reading the books, not even a little bit. It was a pretty epic scene in it's tragedy though. If anything, I think it will increase interest in the show even further, as you said: insane reaction.

This is exactly how I reacted as well.

They should definitely keep the Arstan deception; it will give more intrigue to all of his scenes with the audience knowing more than Dany and Jorah. Also, they need to wait to reveal him until they're ready for Jorah's betrayal to take place as well. Dany finds out both things at the same time, and it's not until the siege of Mereen, so probably S4.

Archived