Was Arianne Martell in love with Ser Arys Oakheart?

Zefsfonseca

I don't think she really in love with him or anything (they knew each other for what, a year a max?), but she did have some sort of affection for him, noted in her POVs after his death...

The Dornish women are known to be quite promiscuous, and I don't see how she would be a bitch if she was having a fling with him but wasn't in love with him...

You sound sexist, tbh.

a "bitch" eh? So what if she wanted to sleep with him if she wasn't in love?

Is Littlefinger a bitch for sleeping with/marrying Lysa for political ends only? Is Brandon a bitch for sleeping with that Lady in North and leaving her behind?

Oh, no. Brandon Stark is awesome. Such a MAN! But Arienne, what a bitch - using that poor innocent knight who was totally a good person and only occasionally beat young girls.

I agree with Lady Lea... the only thing that could be reprehensible is if she seduced him to use him... just like Littlefinger did with Lysa... that sucks.

But my guess is that Arianne did end up fond of Arys in the end, maybe not at the beginning, but she learnt to like him and appreciate him.

I think she loved Se Arys.

If you read her first chapter you see she finds Oakheart clumsy and is excited thinking about a man who looks in her imagination like her uncle. So no I don't think she love him, but she did seduce him for political ends. I also think you should amend the title of your thread. 'Was she in love with him or not' would be more appropriate in my opinion.

I think Arianne acted at least partially as bitch, because she had been clearly misleading Arys and manipulating him. I have no problem with two people sleeping together without some social or emotional attachment but only as long as both are honest about their relationship or lack of it.

In her first chapter she was toying with the idea of taking Darkstar for her consort, this was after she had promised to make Arys her consort. So clearly, she had no intention of making a life with him once he had gotten her Myrcella.

She was just using him, plain and simple. No love there.

Wow, most sexist topic title of the month award goes to...

Anyway, it seems pretty obvious that she 1. Was using Arys to get to Myrcella, BUT 2. She was also sexually attracted to him, and liked him.

Love doesn't enter into it. Lust? Sure, on both sides. And Guess what? A woman is not a bitch for consensually sleeping with a man she desires but does not love...

Yeah, this is a pretty sexist thread title. Having sex with someone you don't love does not make you a bitch. I think you should amend that title, it's really offensive.

But, to answer your question, no, I don't think she was in love with him.

She wasn't in love with him, used sex to control him, got him killed and got a young girl scarred for life. She pretended to love him and he's dead because of it. She's a bitch.

Littlefinger is not a bitch. He's something far, far worse.

She wasn't in love with him, used sex to control him, got him killed and got a young girl scarred for life. She pretended to love him and he's dead because of it. She's a bitch.

So her vagina had some magical ensorceling powers that prevented Arys from thinking for himself? Ha. Ha.

And he was just a helpless victim of her vagina?

Archived