What Country are you from?!

SkyBry

Born in Ukraine to mixed Russian, Ukrainian and Italian stock. I've spent most of my life in Murica.

I understand what you mean. US are huge and there's plenty to see and do there, but the bottom line is it's all one country and cultural differences are not that visible.

That definitely has its advantages, but on the other hand, Europe has a different kind of charm - smaller countries, different languages, more historic sights and all that.

And I'm from Belgrade, Serbia.

The problem with the US/Canada is geography. You can't take a train on a lark and be in a different country with a different culture. I still can't believe how many people have never left the US, not even to visit Canada or Mexico. The mentality that comes from that has shaped some of the unfortunate policy decisions. It's also why so many young people want to "get out".

Not far from the city of Elizabeth in South Australia, "Lisbef" to our local fellow bogans. Allthough I most of my own teeth & wear shoes when I go shopping. :P

& I have no idea why the other states refer to us as Crow Eaters, unless it's something to do with one of our footy teams.

From the land ofthe Havellians, where Jacza hung his shield and horn in a tree 847 years ago to show that he converted to the god of the christians for being saved from his pursuers.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm from the US. Was born in TN, then lived in Japan for a little while, but came back to the states about 10 years ago. Now I live in PA.

My accent is pretty much gone by this point XD

United States. I was born in Mississippi, now live in Tennessee. Trying to move back to MS.

I'm from the US. Was born in TN, then lived in Japan for a little while, but came back to the states about 10 years ago. Now I live in PA.

My accent is pretty much gone by this point XD

What part of TN? I live north of Memphis.

United States. I was born in Mississippi, now live in Tennessee. Trying to move back to MS.

What part of TN? I live north of Memphis.

North of Nashville ^^ Going back in a couple of weeks for my sister's wedding, and my kids go down every summer to spend time with their grandparents (my husband's family lives near Knoxville). I've definitely missed it lately, watching all of the dogwood trees bloom ^^

I am moving back to Wales in two weeks. Not sure if I am excited about this or not.

I don't see why you wouldn't be excited about moving to imaginary fairie country ;)

Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina

Welcome to the board, neighbor! ;)

Greece

Cool! Which part if you don't mind me asking? I was born and raised in Australia by my grandparents immigrated here from Greece in the 50's. My mothers side is from in and around Thessaloniki while my fathers side is from Samos and Lemnos.

Archived