What Country are you from?!

SkyBry

Why are there so few French people?

Because the rest of us have already been defeated and assimilated by immigrants! (the kind that don't share our values and are coming to dilue and take down from the inside the western civilization)

This is a message to our fellow westerners : beware! We thought we were safe, we didn't listen to the wise words of the Le Pen family, we let them come, gave them our shitty jobs and let them rot in the dirty periphery of our formerly glorious cities. But we didn't realize what they were after all this time, and now it's too late.

Only a few of us remain, hidden, listening to Edith Piaf records on old phonographs, hiding in forgotten and decrepit cinemas, and watching with tears in our eyes Bourvil and De Funès fight back the Germans with typical French flair and humour.

Paris is no longer Paris, no-one will ever eat a saucisson with a baguette on Montmartre anymore, and there's no Général de Gaulle to remind us that we're not alone.

This is the end for us, but maybe this message can reach you, and you'll remember and think of us every time you hear an accordion, go to a mime show or even watch Casablanca.

Allons enfants de la patriiiiiie...

Why are there so few French people?

Truthfully, this has almost always been a mystery to me. But I spend no time in the book threads these days to speak of, and have seen in GenChat some seriously annoying abuse by Americans of the French there.

My understanding? French is a big enough language that they have their own internet boards and stuff.

I think that's the right answer, there's an Ice and Fire french community (with a forum and everything) that seems quite active. Also, French people are not that good at reading and writing the English.

My understanding? French is a big enough language that they have their own internet boards and stuff.

Surely that has a great deal to do with it as well. Similar with Japanese fandom, I suppose. Or any latin based language.

I think that's the right answer, there's an Ice and Fire french community (with a forum and everything) that seems quite active. Also, French people are not that good at reading and writing the English.

:lol:

For sure, we have few Russians, Italians, Chinese and Japanese, and proportionally fewer Germans and Spanish-speakers than one would expect too, but it seems to be more pronounced with French for some reason. Or maybe it's just me.

If you think it says "They are a band of cheese-eating surrendering monkeys who only know arabic now that they gave up on western civilization" then you would happen to be wrong.

Archived