Is Stannis sane?

The Sleeper

Stannis is the least sane character in the entire series and I really can't understand all the love he gets here.

So you think Ramsay is more sane? Biter? Stannis is by all accounts sane. No matter if one likes him or not we cant call him insane, judging by what we have seen of the man so far.

Wow, this is an issue? :lol: He has glaring faults, yes but saying Stannis is insane is a bit of a stretch.

The value of taking advice was never in question. The question is regarding his ablilty to take initiative of his own. As far as i can tell the only action he has initiated himself in the books is sending that letter.

Marching to Winterfell was his decision.

Wow, this is an issue? :lol: He has glaring faults, yes but saying Stannis is insane is a bit of a stretch.

Marching to Winterfell was his decision.

Actually, it seems to me that the mountain clans were dead set on marching with or without him.

Actually, it seems to me that the mountain clans were dead set on marching with or without him.

But he still took the initiative to march. And besides, if they were so keen on marching, they could've done so before Stannis approached them. They were complaining about how different it was when there was Stark in Winterfell since ASOS (when a Liddle took in Bran, Meera and co. during their escape), but they didn't do anything until Stannis showed up. They needed Stannis, just like Stannis needed them.

I've heard this line repeatedly on here and it makes no sense. If he doesn't listen to wise council he's a tyrant. He does listen to council so he's a puppet...which I have to wonder if we're reading the same bloody series.

Yup, that line is complete bullshit uttered by haters to justify their hate of the most amazing man in the series.

Stannis is the least sane character in the entire series and I really can't understand all the love he gets here.

So, the mad king, Ramsay, roose bolton, everyone in the bloody mummers, he is more insane then alll them?

[mod] Let's stick to discussion rather than cheerleading, shall we? The forum isn't actually intended as a place where you choose up sides. [/mod]

I think he is sane. But he doesn't have a mind of his own. Easily manipulated and 1 dimensional. Can't believe people even discuss this character

Mel births shadow baby assassins, kills kings with leeches and burns powerful wargs out of the air, she promises him a throne should he do what she asks, yet time and again he refuses her where he believes her requests unjust.

In contrast Dany is being played for a fool in Mereen by rainmakers and opened the fighting pits despite knowing better. Not that it matters, yet another get out of gaol free card will be right around the corner no doubt.

Archived