NYC MEETUP TONIGHT! New York post-worldcon

Maltaran

I've decided to play tourist a bit more than I have done at previous US Worldcons, and so I'm going to be in New York for a few days afterwards. Do any of the locals (or any other con-goers who had the same idea) fancy meeting up one evening? I fly in on Monday 3rd and out on Friday 7th, but I already have plans for Wednesday evening, so it would need to be on either the Tuesday or Thursday (that's the 4th and the 6th of September).

Interestingly enough, yesterday was my last day working in Hoboken, so there's no longer any self-serving reason for me to go there (that being it was a 5 min. walk from my office). In fact, we went there last night after work as a sort of farewell thing.

But hey, it's still a cool place and we can do it. There's another beer garden in Jersey City, btw, which is bigger and has a larger outdoor area. It's about the same difficulty to get to this one as the Hoboken one, I suppose.

And we can still do it in the city, too, if that's easier for Malt. I'm free from about 4pm onward that day.

There's another beer garden in Jersey City, btw, which is bigger and has a larger outdoor area. It's about the same difficulty to get to this one as the Hoboken one, I suppose.

It's only four blocks from the Grove Street PATH, which makes it slightly easier than the Hoboken beer garden. (I believe that also puts it quite close to the WFMU studio, unless they moved sometime in the past 10 years.)

Of course, I can definitely see the argument for keeping it in the city for Malt's sake.

I'm in if it's in the city.

I'd join if it's in the city

Better make it in the city then

Funny, I saw your name listed as last post and thought, "I wonder if he's going to suggest Cannibal?"

It is a very good suggestion.

Any other suggestions?

As a teetotaling vegetarian, I'm not sure what I'd do at a place like Cannibal, except twiddle my thumbs and make scintillating conversation, but if that's where everyone wants to go, then I can manage.

As a teetotaling vegetarian, I'm not sure what I'd do at a place like Cannibal, except twiddle my thumbs and make scintillating conversation, but if that's where everyone wants to go, then I can manage.

Good point. (there are some vegetarian options on the menu, believe it or not, but it's more small bites than an actual meal).

Let me think if there are other places that are chill. I mean, there's the dive bar on Park Avenue that never gets crowded, but it's a dive bar.

Archived