Confessions... Say what! v4

Night Gathers

haha I definitely get Charlie's Angels vibes from them! and the way they all have ~one cool thing~ about them (Tyene with poisons, Nymeria with the daggers, etc...) it's just... yawn.

I was reading through that "will Dorne be pissed at Dany" and all I could think was in what universe any part of Doran's plans would work?

Yes, that's what makes them so cliche. They even have a stupid nickname.

Sansa and the Hound, i wanted it to happen as bad as she (clearly) did

Have faith, the series isn't over yet.

Where to even start lol?

He plans this long-con ridiculous revenge scheme, waits all these years, doesn't tell his heir about it so she can screw things up for him, sends his eldest son away on a ridiculous suicide mission that has no chance of succeeding, and then when it's time for him to actually take action-His long thought out plan involves sending various sand snakes to different locations to spy on things.

I could be forgetting about a lot more considering I don't read Dornish chapters particularly carefully.

Yes, this. I remember reading his fire and blood speech the very first time and thinking the whole thing just sounded ridiculous. He'll send out a bunch of spies and his son off to Dany. It took all of two pages to figure out that Quentyn wasn't up to the task.

New confession:

When writing posts, I am constantly having to hold myself back from asking if people actually read the books. A lot.

There are definitely times when I get the impression someone hasn't read either Game of Thrones or GOT and COK and they're basing their ideas about what happened before Storm of Swords completely on the tv show.

Along those lines, I can not deal with people saying that Jaime stabbed Arys in the back on these threads. In the books, he slit his throat.

There are definitely times when I get the impression someone hasn't read either Game of Thrones or GOT and COK and they're basing their ideas about what happened before Storm of Swords completely on the tv show.

Along those lines, I can not deal with people saying that Jaime stabbed Arys in the back on these threads. In the books, he slit his throat.

Yes, I get that impression too. I'm getting really annoyed with all the book and show confusion that I'm seeing lately. I'm getting even more annoyed when the show is used to justify a position about something in the books.

Don't. Call them out. Blatant misreading/ignoring facts IN THE TEXT or logical trains of thought REALLY gets my vargo hoat.

"gets my vargo hoat". I'm borrowing that. And I'll take your advice but work on wording it a bit more politely than it comes across in my head.

Yes, I get that impression too. I'm getting really annoyed with all the book and show confusion that I'm seeing lately. I'm getting even more annoyed when the show is used to justify a position about something in the books.

It's especially frustrating when people use the fact that George is somewhat involved with the show to imply that it wouldn't be in the show if he didn't agree with it, so it must say something about the books. He's been very clear that nice though they are, he can't actually stop them from doing things at all. I don't think he's really as involved as many people think. He writes the script for one episode and it seems like they consult with him, but it's not like being on the writing staff. We also know they make changes to his script, adding scenes, and then the director can change things too.

It's especially frustrating when people use the fact that George is somewhat involved with the show to imply that it wouldn't be in the show if he didn't agree with it, so it must say something about the books. He's been very clear that nice though they are, he can't actually stop them from doing things at all. I don't think he's really as involved as many people think. He writes the script and it seems like they consult with him, but it's not like being on the writing staff.

Yes, could not agree more! D&D have also said in interviews that they would be exploring some things not in the books as well. Martin has also said that they've ignored his advice before. So, just because he is involved, that doesn't make the show book canon.

So glad someone else agrees with me.

Here's one that will probably make some people hate me...

I really will not be that upset if (more like when) Tommen and Myrcella die. Not that they deserve it, but it's going to guarantee (if it wasn't guaranteed already) the downfall of House Lannister, which I think whether you like them or not is necessary - I always thought the message of their arch was that the higher you reach, the farther you fall.

Conversly, if any of the remaining Stark kids or Shireen Baratheon die, I might just ball my eyes out.

I always picture Shireen as a creepy little girl from a horror movie.

It doesn't help that she hangs around that clown from hell all the time. eesh

You have reminded me that Patchface is one of my absolute favorite minor characters. I love that creepy bastard. I want to see more of him in TWOW.

I really like the inclusion of magic and magical beings, I don't get why so many people complain about it. It's called A Song of Ice and Fire, not Game of Thrones.

The birth of the dragons at the end of Game was the perfect addition for an already amazing story.

Another confession: i get laughably befuddled when faced with a post using an unusual font. I will skip over these posts, regardless of how well put and logical the content may be. I really have no idea why such an insignificant thing leaves me out of sorts, but there you go.

Another confession: i get laughably befuddled when faced with a post using an unusual font. I will skip over these posts, regardless of how well put and logical the content may be. I really have no idea why such an insignificant thing leaves me out of sorts, but there you go.

I'm sorry, what did you say? I didn't catch it? For some reason, I just couldn't focus on your post.

Don't. Call them out. Blatant misreading/ignoring facts IN THE TEXT or logical trains of thought REALLY gets my vargo hoat.

I am forgiving because there are so many facts that prove to be important at least to an argument that are scattered all over 5 books and each given between one sentence and a paragraph. It isnt easy to keep track of that stuff, which is why there is market for the compendium.

I dont read long posts. I just dont care enough!

Archived