New England Conventions: Next up, Boskone 2/14/2014 (AKA The Best Valentine's Day EVER!)

Regina

The only thing that surprises me is that, for the first time in BWB Boskone history, we actually made a dining reservation in advance. Remind me next year to start calling the local one TWO weeks out, since even a week+ was not enough time, lol.

We're all getting old. Planning ahead and stuff.

I'm leaving now, should be there in an hour or so. Be on the look out for a tall skinny bald guy in a black baseball cap and possibly still wearing a red fleece and backpack. I'll answer to either The Mance or Aaron, although, "BOO!" will probably get you a much funnier response.

Is there a plan for today? Krista and I are trying to get out there, but we will have Jack so an overnight/late night isn't really in the cards - still would love to see people as much as possible.*

*Snow and one year old permitting.

Just wanted to let everyone I met at Boskone know I had a great time and I even feel guilt for not being able to say goodbyes before I took off. For your pleasure here is a summary of the noob's adventures on his last day of Boskone;

I woke up to a mess of ink and blood on my pillow, a combination of noob haze and somehow having hit my head in my sleep. After getting cleaned up and dressed I got sick in the Galleria bathrooms and puked my guts out. Not wanting to suffer too much longer at the hotel and in shit weather I decided to leave early after the pounding in my head dulled enough to where I could drive. On the way home I vomited once on the side of the Mass Turnpike, in the first rest-stop, and then some foam and dry heaving at the second rest-stop. Thankfully the roads after I got out of Boston weren't even touched by snow. Once I got home I took about a 6 hour nap, and here I am still with a splitting migraine.

So again, thank you everyone for being all around awesome and putting up with me.

Just wanted to let everyone I met at Boskone know I had a great time and I even feel guilt for not being able to say goodbyes before I took off. For your pleasure here is a summary of the noob's adventures on his last day of Boskone;

I woke up to a mess of ink and blood on my pillow, a combination of noob haze and somehow having hit my head in my sleep. After getting cleaned up and dressed I got sick in the Galleria bathrooms and puked my guts out. Not wanting to suffer too much longer at the hotel and in shit weather I decided to leave early after the pounding in my head dulled enough to where I could drive. On the way home I vomited once on the side of the Mass Turnpike, in the first rest-stop, and then some foam and dry heaving at the second rest-stop. Thankfully the roads after I got out of Boston weren't even touched by snow. Once I got home I took about a 6 hour nap, and here I am still with a splitting migraine.

So again, thank you everyone for being all around awesome and putting up with me.

Jeez, dude, wtf happened after we left?!

Glad you made it home safe. Our drive was...well, Jay slept almost the entire way while I battled the wind-whipped snow and the U.S.'s version of Russian drivers - Massholes!

I feel your pain. I've been throwing up all day and wasn't able to get to the convention today because of it. It was good meeting you last night however briefly that was. That goes out to the rest of the BwB. Even though I wasn't able to get around the Bros as much as I'd have liked, it was cool to reconnect.

Apparently the real fun started after I left. Ah well, it was great seeing you guys. Bale, that hug was well-deserved. It was great meeting you and Jay finally. And everyone else too.

Archived