New England Conventions: Next up, Boskone 2/14/2014 (AKA The Best Valentine's Day EVER!)

Regina

Had a Proper time at Boskone. I am pretty braindead right now, given that we got less than 5 hours of sleep each night this weekend and we had to get up at some godawful hour of the morning today to take the train back.

I am now really bummed to hear that we missed The Mance. I didn't even see that post until today (I don't have reliable access to the boards on my phone). Fuuuuuuuuuuck. Next year, we will make up for it.

As for the rest of your scurvy fuckers -- I love you guys. Best bunch of degenerates on the planet! :love:

Special props go to the Boskone n00bs: BookWyrm, Space Bandito, A Wooden Chair and Naz(? not sure if this was your first Boskone). And double-special props to A Wooden Chair for making such a positive impression at his first BWB meetup. And extra-extra-special props go to this year's Vomit Crew. BW and AWC, you are following in a fine tradition of someone being violently ill at or after the event: Stego, 2006; me and Alchemist, 2007; me, 2008; me, 2009. I think there was a Yags chunder in there at one point, too. :stillsick:

The only thing that surprises me is that, for the first time in BWB Boskone history, we actually made a dining reservation in advance. Remind me next year to start calling the local one TWO weeks out, since even a week+ was not enough time, lol.

I'm glad to see I've rubbed off on you :)

...you are following in a fine tradition of someone being violently ill at or after the event: Stego, 2006; me and Alchemist, 2007; me, 2008; me, 2009. I think there was a Yags chunder in there at one point, too. :stillsick:

*raises hand* I never admitted it at the time, but you can add me to the 2006 list.

I'm glad to see I've rubbed off on you :)

But of course! :kiss:

I am now really bummed to hear that we missed The Mance.
Yeah, I was down there for a couple of hours Friday night, but I really had no idea what to expect or who to look for. And then I totally cheezed out by not going back on Saturday. Oh well, I got some old Saberhagen, and some free cake, and I didn't have to puke on Sunday, so there's that.

Ok, did people have food poisoning? Just where was that dinner reservation, Regina?

Bookwyrm and I ate at completely different places for dinner. As far as i know no one else got sick from eating at Legal Seafood where around 15 of us ate.

Special props go to the Boskone n00bs: BookWyrm, Space Bandito, A Wooden Chair and Naz(? not sure if this was your first Boskone). And double-special props to A Wooden Chair for making such a positive impression at his first BWB meetup. And extra-extra-special props go to this year's Vomit Crew. BW and AWC, you are following in a fine tradition of someone being violently ill at or after the event: Stego, 2006; me and Alchemist, 2007; me, 2008; me, 2009. I think there was a Yags chunder in there at one point, too. :stillsick:

Yay tradition!

Ok, did people have food poisoning? Just where was that dinner reservation, Regina?

I swear I didn't poison anyone! It's just traditional at Boskone to have SO much fun you puke...

Admittedly, when I write it like that, it doesn't come across as the most appealing tradition. :leaving:

One other point I forgot to add earlier. Our very own Lord Jo came up with a great new term. From now on, a group of BWBers shall be known as a pod. It is known.

And if you don't like that term, feel free to blame Pod! :P

One thing I want to add was that I had some really interesting discussions of life, art, creativity, and education with both Jo and with Ms. Frisco. I've never really had significant discussions with either of them before, the former because she rarely posts anymore and the latter because she's not on the board. Those two conversations really made my weekend.

Our traditional Saturday night dinner is held at the Long Wharf Legal Seafood restaurant, and we have been doing that ever since Boskone moved to the current location, as far as I am aware.

What I am confused about is the tradition of vomiting; having been fortunate enough to be roommates with Mr. X and X-Ray almost every year, I have no memory of the whole sickness angle. Although this is not a bad thing, per se. I do hope people do better in future, though.

Managed to get away with only buying two books this year.

Now to wait for July......

*raises hand* I never admitted it at the time, but you can add me to the 2006 list.

SUSSED!! :lol:

That was the first night Mr. X and I ever tended bar at a BWB event. Clearly, this was an evening touched by the gods.

What I am confused about is the tradition of vomiting; having been fortunate enough to be roommates with Mr. X and X-Ray almost every year, I have no memory of the whole sickness angle.

Long practice has rendered me Queen of the Quiet Heave, one of the most dubious accomplishments on the face of the planet (and my main qualification to be Baroness of the BWB). You guys slept like babies while I battled my gastric demons.

Long practice has rendered me Queen of the Quiet Heave, one of the most dubious accomplishments on the face of the planet (and my main qualification to be Baroness of the BWB). You guys slept like babies while I battled my gastric demons.

In the name of tradition I swear to keep drinking. :cheers:

SUSSED!! :lol:

That was the first night Mr. X and I ever tended bar at a BWB event. Clearly, this was an evening touched by the gods.

Well, I certainly prayed to the Porcelain God! :ack: I haven't prayed to that deity in the 7 years since (pauses in shock that I have know you all that long). Of course, now that I have stated that, I have likely cursed myself for a repeat performance at San Antonio...

You guys slept like babies while I battled my gastric demons.

I almost never sleep like a babe, especially at a con, lol. Sleep is for the innocent, after all.

In the name of tradition I swear to keep drinking. :cheers:

That's what we like to hear! :cheers:

• 2 months later...

Bumping this thread to remind people that Readercon is getting closer and ask who is planning to attend.

I need to give my liver a bit of a pre-worldcon practice!

• 3 months later...

Archived