New England Conventions: Next up, Boskone 2/14/2014 (AKA The Best Valentine's Day EVER!)

Regina

Well shit, sign me up. Is this the type of thing I can buy a pass the day of? If not, I'd still want to meet up with some of y'all, and participate in some drinking and minor to moderate puking.

aw hell yes.

And yes, there are day passes available. Biggest day at Boskone is Saturday, although the biggest drinking night is also Saturday. So, not sure if it makes sense to ask for Saturday or Sunday off. ;)

Usually it goes like this:

People show up Thursday - Friday evening (depends on work schedules). Most people fend for themselves for dinner those days, but we end up in the hotel bar on Friday night.

Saturday, we kinda futz about the con. See a panel or two. Skulk around the art show. Ogle the merch in the dealers room. At some point, we all hop in taxis and go to Legal Seafood and discuss buying a large lobster to set free. Then back to the hotel. At this point, the ne'er-do-wells (Balefont, Book Wyrm, etc) show up and we get ourselves into trouble. Then we end up drinking beer and whiskey in our room. At some point around 2am or 3am, we kick everyone out and fitfully sleep until it's time to trudge to a diner in Southie for breakfast. Sunday is The Day To Be Sad. Just about everyone goes home that day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I looked at the Arisia program grid and there is a meet and greet on this coming Sunday:

2:30pm
Game of Thrones Fan Meetup
Grand Ballroom DE (1W)
Votes: +1 / -0

Fans of the books and the HBO series unite and talk to fellow enthusiasts about George R.R. Martin's epic series.

• 2 weeks later...

I really want to go to Boskone but I need to convince the gf that it's a good way to spend Valentine's weekend together...

Think of hanging out with us as a sort of Romantic Comedy. It's starts out fun with a lot if lasts and your night can end all mushy and lovey dovey and stuff (presumably *after* you're both alone but stranger things have happened).

Bow chicka bow wow

Think of hanging out with us as a sort of Romantic Comedy. It's starts out fun with a lot if lasts and your night can end all mushy and lovey dovey and stuff (presumably *after* you're both alone but stranger things have happened).

All of this is true.

Romantic comedy is the perfect way to describe it. We start off drinking and having a blast, then somewhere along the way I reach the "mushy drunk" phase of hugging and declaring my love for you all.

Umm, that's how I do it anyway...

Archived