TTTNE 354 - The wild wild west!

Ser-Arthur-Dayne

I have just been not very tactfully informed that when we sell up we must pool our resources and buy a big place cos the in-laws will be moving in.

Now don’t get me wrong, I get on really well with the in-laws, but that’s in small dosages. I have even spent a week on holiday with them and my parents. But I do not want to live with them. I don’t want this to sound mean, MIL is a bit intense and scatter-brained and can be hard work. FIL would fit right at home with the GOP. And he thinks everyone has the same opinion as his and is very loud and gleeful about it. He is also very homophobic and racist, in private he makes me uncomfortable, I’ve tried confronting him about this, but then he just pats me on the head and says I’m sweet but very naive (If he wasn’t my husband’s father ……) – if he was living was us I feel like I could not have friends over because of his views.

What’s worse is we have not been asked, we have just been told. They were going to buy a bungalow, then when that got too much go into sheltered accommodation. MIL had to visit a friend that has recently moved into a granny annex, and has decided this is wonderful.

Hi Tammy!

I've had INXS stuck in my head since yesterday. :D

Me too!!! I was in a coffee shop yesterday working on my dissertation and listening to Pandora. I think it's been a few years since I've listened to anything by them.

Archived