US Politics: show us the money

DanteGabriel

Romney has this serene smirk while Obama is speaking, it seems to say "oh this poor misguided child, he doesn't even understand what he's talking about". I don't know if it's effective for some, it annoys me though.

A great debating strategy is to use an angle that your opponent would never have have possibly anticipated.

I'm not sure if Romney will ultimately come across as strong or if his flip-flops will end up hurting him as the public has a chance to digest this debate.

James Carville was talking on CNN this afternoon about how Obama has a tendency to get defensive and testy when pushed. Romney is pushing and he's getting testy.

But I'm not sure that Romney is looking better. I think he's coming off as snarky.

Romney is fading. Badly. He's feeding out meat for the base about sending everything back to the states that will not play well with a lot of people who didn't already know they would vote straight ticket Republican a year ago.

Romney is sounding strong. Obama is looking unbalanced.

Unfortunately. Romney is hitting Obama on cutting 716 Billion from Medicare. Wow. He actually sounds earnest.

ETA: Look at him claiming that he's not going to hurt seniors and running that into the ground." If you're a senior you don't need to listen anymore' Nice try.

US presidential elections are not won by facts, they are won by people's emotional responses to the candidates. Romney is playing to that well, while Obama is trying to win an actual debate based on facts. Its playing better for Romney at the moment.

Everyone take a deep breath. Obama will stay at 49 ish percent and Romney will grab a few points and the race will tighten up again. I'll be surprised if we see 5-6 point shifts.

Although I will say Romney is doing well although Obama seems to be hitting his stride.

Man, Lehrer is doing a horrific job of moderating this thing. Horrific. I cannot tell you who will win this election, but I would bet anything that Lehrer will never be asked to moderate again.

Same thing was said 4 years ago about Lehrer and 8 years ago. People have short memories, especially when it's the moderator, not even the candidates.

Archived