US Politics: show us the money

DanteGabriel

I love how Romney is trying to pin even rising University tuition costs etc on Obama. His google+ share on that came up on my "hot on google" stream, and I looked at the main shares and all of them were sharing it to say it was hypocritical etc - I don't think that approach was working on google+, but maybe that's the wrong audience for him. One of the prep guys before the debate was just trying this line as well.

I think Obama should open up by praising Romney on his time as governor for his progressive and moderate policies which influenced Obama's own early political, social and ecomonic thinking. Then sit back and relax while Romney spends the rest of the 90 minutes trying to prove that he's exactly not what Obama just said.

Romney is over compensating yet again. This time by being way to specific and making promises that are not going to hold up for 5 minutes under serious scrutiny.

I really fucking wish people would stop talking about gas prices. As a economic minded guy in energy, I absolutely hate it whenever anyone mentions gas prices. Its like the implicit policy suggestion is to nuke every other industrialized country that drives up demand?

Seriously. The best thing (as far as I can tell) the government could do for oil prices in this country would be to de-centralize the refinery locations with giant capital grants. That won't happen, so shut up.

OMG Romney did not just bring up being pro coal. I'm going to choke a baby. Probably a cute one.

What version of Mitt Romney are we on? 9.0? 10.0? And Obama keeps hammering home that Romney has been running on a completely different plan than he is talking about tonight.

I suspect that Obama has been instructed to prod Romney and then simply let him run his mouth. With the endgame being the more Romney talks, the more bullshit will be revealed in post-debate analysis.

Well, that's risky as shit, since right now Romney looks like he's kicking Obama's ass, factual horribleness of his arguments aside.

edit: So when can some Democratic superPAC just roll out a national series of ads screaming "trickle-down economics doesn't work!" for about 10 years?

When he said to Romney "is there anything you would like to ask the President?" and Romney said yes and went on to talk for 3-4minutes without asking a single question. I wanted Jim to shut that down and demand an actual question.

Well, that's risky as shit, since right now Romney looks like he's kicking Obama's ass, factual horribleness of his arguments aside.

edit: So when can some Democratic superPAC just roll out a national series of ads screaming "trickle-down economics doesn't work!" for about 10 years?

This is what I see, Mitt's winning big right now, especially with people who have paid practically no attention until now.

Romney is being smoother than Obama, who I think its rather off-set by having prepared to debate a plan Romney is now disavowing. I'm afraid Romney's finally using a potentially effective strategy. And I'm not sure how that will actually impact the race.

Archived