College Football 2012 III - Will Geno Break 400 TDs?

WrathOfTinyKittens

GAF - I don't really think any team can lose nearly a quarter of its roster without suffering some loss in quality. It has nothing to do with joining the Big 12, other than our opponents now having teams good enough to beat out second string.

Oh, I agree. Just look at Texas Tech last year. Iowa State's been hit pretty bad by injuires in recent years, as has Oklahoma. Depth is key in the Big 12. Coach Rhoads is only just now getting to a point where he feels comfortable with everyone on the two deep (with the exception of QB where both guys probably give him ulcers from time to time).

I feel like our biggest problem is our offensive line. At one point ISU rushed three and all three were in the backfield. Two freshman, a former backup and one guy a converted second-string center.

Yeah. That's that depth issue.

I was actually impressed with our backup QB. He made some mistakes that I think are related to his lack of experience.

Yeah, he'll be really good given more than a day practicing with the ones. He'll also probably do better against some other defenses. He gave us fits, and our defense is probably in the top half of the conference.

The defensive end pick six was impressive. And I thought that Knott was very classy to step out of bounds instead of trying to plow through and score.

I love fat man TDs, and Knott is my favorite player on the team. He's one of the most classy, and maybe the toughest player in the conference. Not too flashy, just fundamentally tought and smart.

Good luck on the rest of the year, but I hope Pachall doesn't play another snap. DWI's are no joke, and that kid needs to get his shit together off the field.

Tonight will be my first visit to upgraded California Memoria Stadium. Perhaps I have been drinking too much Blue and Gold Kool-aid, but I think Cal will win this one. They are due a 'good' game.

Wouldn't surprise me. They're not as bad this year as folks think they are. Unfortunately. And I have a difficult time buying into UCLA.

In other news, hooboy, is Jahwja about to get boatraced? 21-0.

I've turned on WVU-Texas with an hour to kill. Gotta say, I'm really impressed watching Geno Smith. Dude is very accurate and he'll stand in the face of pressure to deliver the ball.

Of course if he throws more incomplete passes than TDs in this game, I'm jumping the hell off this bandwagon. Right now it's 2-2. Don't lose me, Geno.

Haha, I found the right thread.

Va Tech bad loss to UNC. Many defensive breakdowns. When a team that has many top 10 defenses under the same coach has such a terrible year, does it indicate anything? Some fundamental problem? Just anomalous bad luck? What I guess would be worth looking at is how often a team drops from top 10 to 80+ in an area, and then either comes back or stays bad. Not ready to throw Bud Foster (the defensive coord) under the bus for one bad season, it's just odd. On the other hand, the offense usually sucks in some regard, and no one ever seems to make any changes to rectify that, so who knows.

In weird ACC news, Duke kicked the shit out of Virginia today and is one win away from going bowling. I'm pretty sure it's not that long ago that they had a one-win season.

Go Texas!

That was a hell of a game. Just got back to the hotel. When UF went up 7-6 against LSU, you would have thought we'd won the Super Bowl. It was sooo hot in the Swamp. I guess we are slowly turning into Alabama. Awesome suffering, but awesome win. Woop!!

I am watching the Texas/WVU on delay and I just reached the half. This has been the most exiting half of football that I have seen this year. Geno Smith is getting hit and is off his game a bit, but he still looks like a monster in the pocket. He reminds me of an unrapey Rothlisburger. I don't know how things are finishing here, but if the second half is anything like the first, it could be the game of the year.

I finished the game live...

What a game. I think that Mac Brown out thought himself. When you are playing a team that is ranked 118th out of 120 in the pass, you should probably throw the ball. Texas was so scared of scoring quickly and putting the ball back in Geno's hands that they ran the whole second half.

It still came down to a missed FG, or we would be watching OT right now. Congratulations to WVU and to Andrew Buie who had just a monster game running the ball with over 200 yards and a couple of touch downs. This win was well earned, and I'll be rooting for them to keep a clean slate through the rest of the season.

man, what a game. never thought in only his second year Muschamp would have us to the point of wearing down LSU. we had their defense on the ropes that entire second half. last 22 plays of the game were runs. Gillislee ran 34 times in the game, not once for negative yardage. it sure doesn't look like typical Florida football, but i'll be damned if all the things Muschamp said he wanted when we hired him aren't starting to show. we're a super-tough team. still haven't given up a 4th quarter point all year. new strength coach Dillman was an incredible hire.

Go Gators!

check out the crowd dive in the locker room at about 1 minute - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8SIQAC3IEA&feature=youtu.be

Archived