College Football 2012 III - Will Geno Break 400 TDs?

WrathOfTinyKittens

Honestly, the reasons I was so stunned were: 1) heard from multiple places that they were the hands-down best D in the country; 2) they annihilated a couple of bad teams, which tends to be the sign of a good team; 3) I haven't watched an FSU game since at least '04, I think, and I guess I still associate a hyped FSU team (and this is yhe first one I can recall for a while to have serious NCG hype) with those teams from the '90s.

Just an FYI- the Gangnam Style thing was Ohio University, this one is THE Ohio State University *pukes in soup*

Oh Pooo.

Silly state university with similar names (I'm looking at you, Michigan State and U Mich).

To be crystal clear - fsu has started 5-0 in each of the last 4 seasons. And in each, they have lost to a unranked road team in their 6th game. They've lost to an unranked team I believe at least once every season since 1999.

You'd think they'd learn to not schedule like that...correlation & causation and all that. Mostly just to cause Raidne's head to explode.

TCU's former starting QB Pachal - still in the top five for QB rating and passer efficiency I believe - is officially gone for the season. He's dropping out of TCU for a semester to do intensive drug and alcohol therapy and, according to Coach Patterson, is welcome to come back to TCU and resume his place on the team, though of course he'll have to compete for his starting spot for next season.

A good decision, I think. It could do Pachal the good he needs and if he can come back next season and be a legitimate leader then all's good. If not, Boykin will have a season of experience to lead a stronger team in 2013.

Frog fans currently predicting everything from 9-3 season to 4-8. I think we have a good shot against Baylor (if our defense buttons up) and Tech but doubt we can beat OU, UT, KSU, and we have roughly 0 chance against WVU unless Geno spontaneously combusts and takes his receivers with him. I say 7-5 at absolute best and obviously 4-8 at worst case.

TCU's former starting QB Pachal - still in the top five for QB rating and passer efficiency I believe - is officially gone for the season. He's dropping out of TCU for a semester to do intensive drug and alcohol therapy and, according to Coach Patterson, is welcome to come back to TCU and resume his place on the team, though of course he'll have to compete for his starting spot for next season.

A good decision, I think. It could do Pachal the good he needs and if he can come back next season and be a legitimate leader then all's good. If not, Boykin will have a season of experience to lead a stronger team in 2013.

Frog fans currently predicting everything from 9-3 season to 4-8. I think we have a good shot against Baylor (if our defense buttons up) and Tech but doubt we can beat OU, UT, KSU, and we have roughly 0 chance against WVU unless Geno spontaneously combusts and takes his receivers with him. I say 7-5 at absolute best and obviously 4-8 at worst case.

I think that within a week or two Boykin and Catalon will both be a lot more savvy and you guys' offense will be back on track. They both showed flashes against us.

To be crystal clear - fsu has started 5-0 in each of the last 4 seasons. And in each, they have lost to a unranked road team in their 6th game. They've lost to an unranked team I believe at least once every season since 1999.

FSU got trounced by Oklahoma very early in 2010 and 2011.

I just have to get through work tomorrow, and then it's off to Dallas or the Red River Shootout. I really hope OU gets the win this year, because Texas is playing a ton of young guys and is only going to get better.

Yeah, I messed up on the FSU bandwagony thing.

The streak is this: they have lost 8 of 9 games when they've been ranked and gone against an unranked opponent in the ACC on the road. Wake Forest in 2011, NCState in 2010, Boston College in 2009, Georgia Tech in 2008. Clemson in 2007. It's just been a litany of doing this. This is the first time they've been undefeated this far into the season since 2005 (where they lost to Virginia, unranked, on the road).

I have to be at a work function on the east coast all day tomorrow. My glorious college football will be robbed from me unless they let us play on our laptops in the conference in which case I might be able to stream some Pac-12 network.

I've always thought it would suck to be a sports fan on the east coast game time-wise. I think this thing gets out at 4:00 eastern, so I'll be stepping out right as the west coast night game starts. So strange.

4:00 Eastern is 1:00 out west, no?

BaItac,

I believe our game is at 7:00 EDT. In Death Valley. Wow, does that make me happy. When was the last time LSU lost at home at night?

Yikes. Good luck. I want you to win, obviously. If only because there is s teeny tiny chance in hell that we will beat you. I still think you should win this one. I'm glad we're done with them, let me tell ya.

Archived