Heresy 31

Black Crow

Reading that the Mance is really Rhaegar theory has returned never ceases to amaze me.

The thought occurs that Mance is one of Craster's early sons, one that was not picked up by the "you know whos."

This would origin might also be a source for why Mance knows so much and more than he should.

More to come. It's good to be back to Heresy.

Reading that the Mance is really Rhaegar theory has returned never ceases to amaze me.

The thought occurs that Mance is one of Craster's early sons, one that was not picked up by the "you know whos."

This would origin might also be a source for why Mance knows so much and more than he should.

More to come. It's good to be back to Heresy.

Personally, I think that if Mance is the son of anyone important, he's the son of Bloodraven from right before BR left the Watch for the Children's Cave... no evidence to support, but goes nicely in hand with my theory that Mance has been in contact with Bloodraven in some way, shape, or form and that Mance is working with BR to implement what he has... of course, Mel is likely complicating things now

I really need to get my post total past 700 so I can have this be a part of my title

You can put it in your sig, but please be sure you quote me :cool4:

lol. i think thats going to be my fallback line in any argument vs females.

lol, bad idea

The "our brothers and our bane" line - sometimes I feel the same for my fellow human beings, so it can really be interpreted in many ways... Those books can't come out soon enough!

Personally, I think that if Mance is the son of anyone important, he's the son of Bloodraven from right before BR left the Watch for the Children's Cave... no evidence to support, but goes nicely in hand with my theory that Mance has been in contact with Bloodraven in some way, shape, or form and that Mance is working with BR to implement what he has... of course, Mel is likely complicating things now

Yep, its that Raven Wing helm. I can't get around it. It's not just a winged helm. GRRM went out of his way to describe the animal that the wings belonged to. Is that the type of thing any normal person would recognize? Are the wings of a Raven distinct when present as an ornamental device on a helm? I would think not.

I'm sure most of you have seen it, but Apple Martini's thread in the General section is pretty interesting. At the very least it confirms a few of the things Heretics have debated, such as Rickon indeed being on Skagos, the fact that Robb legitimized Jon and named him as heir, and that Castle Black is listed as Jon's place of "death". It would seem that a resurrection is in order, no?

Do any heretics have the book by chance?

I'm sure most of you have seen it, but Apple Martini's thread in the General section is pretty interesting. At the very least it confirms a few of the things Heretics have debated, such as Rickon indeed being on Skagos, the fact that Robb legitimized Jon and named him as heir, and that Castle Black is listed as Jon's place of "death". It would seem that a resurrection is in order, no?

Do any heretics have the book by chance?

I do. It also confirmed that Jaqen's aliases are the Alchemist and Pate.

Mance has a raven wing helm? I need to read that. Any idea where I can find the page?

I have the electronic version so its hard to pin point. He puts it on right before the fight with Stannis when Jon was sent to kill during the parley

"Mance donned his helm with its raven wings. His men were mounted up as well. "Arrowhead," Mance snapped, " to me, form wedge."

wholly shit I can't believe I never got that reference...

Damn you Martin

Now I need to do a reread just to see what other American Football references Martin has thrown in (he is an admitted fan of the NFL, especially his Giants and Jets--the poor, poor Jets)

Now you have me thinking that the dancing bear stuff is just Martin making fun of the Chicago Bears...

He did again. Wun Wun(reference to football player on the giants.) beats the living shit out of Sir Patrek of kings mountain. Sir patrek's sygil is the dallas cowboys stars.

Mance has a raven wing helm? I need to read that. Any idea where I can find the page?

Mance also has the helmet in ASoS Jon II. (Page 216 of 1201 on the Kindle).

It is described as "...on his head was a great bronze-and-iron helm with raven wings at either temple."

The wings may just be a matter of practicality, raven wings are easier to get north of the Wall or raven wings look more impressive because they are bigger.

Mance also has the helmet in ASoS Jon II. (Page 216 of 1201 on the Kindle).

It is described as "...on his head was a great bronze-and-iron helm with raven wings at either temple."

The wings may just be a matter of practicality, raven wings are easier to get north of the Wall or raven wings look more impressive because they are bigger.

I assumed they were not literally a ravens wings, but bronze or iron fashioned to look like wings. I still hold that belief.

Thefirst reference can call to mind is when Jon is summoned to meet him on the Fist, when they're poking about in the wreckage of Mormont's camp. I think that may be the one Ser Leftwich mentions.

Like him I'm wary of taking this as a link to Bloodraven. Crows and ravens seem to be incredibly important, which is why I still believe we're dealing with the Morrigan and notwithstanding Bran and the Reeds' belief wary of identifying Bryn Blackwood as theThree-Eyed Crow. He is after all a Blackwood of Raventree Hall and not only have ravens been used for communicating since the days of the Pact between the First Men and the Children, but the Morrigan's crows crop up everywhere.

Mance's wings may therefore be a sigil, proclaiming his allegiance, but I don't think we've come across anybody else doing it, and they may instead be a trophy

I'm sure most of you have seen it, but Apple Martini's thread in the General section is pretty interesting. At the very least it confirms a few of the things Heretics have debated, such as Rickon indeed being on Skagos, the fact that Robb legitimized Jon and named him as heir, and that Castle Black is listed as Jon's place of "death"....

Well we can hardly expect spoilers along the lines of " the place where he survived a failed assassination attempt" :cool4:

Archived