NFL Week 15: The Dark Horse Rises

Sivin

Of course I have less faith in the NFLPA than I have in just about anyone. They are far more interested in protecting the accused than in actually cleaning up the game. Testing should occur at least ten times as often as it does. Probably closer to weekly. And four-game suspensions are a joke - first offenses should be a MINIMUM of a year, and that for cases where someone can demonstrate he took something carelessly. Two years for intentional ingestion should be the STARTING point.

Great games to look forward to tomorrow. It's a shame most of the best matchups, besides the night game, are all at high noon (CST). Might be a good morning to hit a sports bar with all the games on... bite the bullet, spend some cash, enjoy some great match-ups.

Packers @ Bears. In the oldest rivalry in football (Bears lead 92–87–6), Packers seem to be picking up momentum, while the Bears are stumbling a bit, having lost 4 of their last 5 games. Bears offense should have moderate success against this rather inconsistent Packer defense and put some respectable points on the board. GB showed a decent running game last week against the Vikings. If they can reproduce that success against one of the best defenses in the NFL, the pressure will be off Rodgers and he can shine.

Giants @ Falcons. As good a team as the Giants are/should-be, this is a crucial game to keep the Redskins at bay (who currently have a better div record). Falcons still need to prove themselves after racking up an impressive record with a weak schedule. Falcons are a consistently good team. So it comes down to a coin toss: who shows up to play them, the Giants or the Gnats?

Colts @ Texans. Great divisional match-up. Surprisingly enough, Colts are looking for more than a wild card. But, Texans are a very solid team. Look for the Texans to, not only be in prime form on offense, but capitalize on Lucky mistakes.

Broncos @ Ravens. Broncos have the most momentum in the NFL with 8 wins in a row, and a legendary QB who is now in sync with his receiving corps. Ravens have lost 2 in row and with a loss tomorrow could find themselves contending with the Bengals for the division title. But the Broncos just have too much going right for them; by the end of the 3rd quarter they take the lead and keep it.

49ers @ Patriots. The marquee game of the week! Must see. Patriots are clearly the best team in the NFL, playing at home, and it's not a playoff game so nevermind the occasional choke! SF should be competitive the entire game, but with so many things going right for the Patriots (7 wins in a row), 49ers will be ultimately outclassed by the Dark Side. Luke... I'm your father. Patriots are a freak of nature.

You completely left out Steelers @ Cowboys

both teams are playing for their playoff lives. It should be a really good game. I don't know why I am optimistic, but I see a lot of different scenarios leading to a Dallas win, While the only I see Pitt to take this game is if they capitalize on their run game. I wonder what offense is going to show up tomorrow. They have been inconsistent.

both teams are playing for their playoff lives. It should be a really good game. I don't know why I am optimistic, but I see a lot of different scenarios leading to a Dallas win, While the only I see Pitt to take this game is if they capitalize on their run game. I wonder what offense is going to show up tomorrow. They have been inconsistent.

Ah, yes. The two self-declared "America's Team" 's. How could we forget such a matchup of over-the-hill defenses and perpetually inconsistent game-management? Both of these teams are one-and-done in the playoffs. Sorry, Phillip, but the 'Boys are not back.

Speaking of which, I was in Dallas for a few hours today and checked out the JerryDome, that thing is hideous.

Yea was going to add that one. It's definitely the best late game match-up....

Steelers @ Cowboys. Some are calling this the Battle for America! Both teams claim to be America's Team, but unless someone drafts Schrodinger's cat, it will have to be decided this sunday... this Sunday! And, folks the stakes could not be higher for both teams as these rivals are in a deadlock historical tie of 15-15. Only one can claim America's title (unless there's a tie). The Cowboys have somehow managed to get back in the saddle having won their last two games and 4 of their last 5. Meanwhile, the Steelers are in danger of rusting out of playoff contention. Cowboys, they've shown they're just as capable of losing as winning at home, but this one shall be theirs to win. Butt-scratcha?! Butt-scratcha!!!

Ah, yes. The two self-declared "America's Team" 's. How could we forget such a matchup of over-the-hill defenses and perpetually inconsistent game-management? Both of these teams are one-and-done in the playoffs. Sorry, Phillip, but the 'Boys are not back.

Speaking of which, I was in Dallas for a few hours today and checked out the JerryDome, that thing is hideous.

You are in the doghouse my young Padwan !!!!

If you are ever in Dallas again, get in touch with me so I can meet you...

and once again you are fabulously incorrect. The Death Star is an absolute amazing piece of architecture. It is just a horrible place to play football..

An unfortunate development, but RGIII's health should certainly come first.

I agree with this as well, and I'm glad that the coaches can make this decision *cough Browns McCoy cough*. It certainly helps though that Cousins is a viable backup.

Don't PED suspensions only occur on a second positive test? I can't find a source, but I could have sworn that the 1st positive test is confidential, and the suspension is only on the 2nd.

That is my understanding as well. Which makes the travesty that much worse.

http://www.nfl.com/n...vens-in-week-15

The Baltimore Ravens aren't taking any chances with linebacker Ray Lewis.

NFL Network's Michelle Beisner reported Saturday that the Ravens have no plans to activate Lewis to the 53-man roster for Sunday's game against the Denver Broncos. The team later confirmed Lewis will not be activated for the game.

Lewis, 38, has been sidelined since Week 7 with a torn triceps. He is on injured reserve under the team's designated-to-return tag.

No Ray Lewis for the Chef Bowl. :uhoh:

http://www.nfl.com/n...vens-in-week-15

No Ray Lewis for the Chef Bowl. :uhoh:

There will be no Ray Lewis, but there will be rain. Hurrah! :frown5:

However, this is Chef's first NFL match and my second (the first was Skins/Saints a few nights before the 2002 Sugar Bowl). We're looking to head out soon to travel into Voldemort and tailgate. I expect much fun, weather or rosters be damned!

There will be no Ray Lewis, but there will be rain. Hurrah! :frown5:

However, this is Chef's first NFL match and my second (the first was Skins/Saints a few nights before the 2002 Sugar Bowl). We're looking to head out soon to travel into Voldemort and tailgate. I expect much fun, weather or rosters be damned!

You guys are in for a treat. M&T stadium is one of the top 3-5 loudest stadiums in the league. I always have a sense of awe when I go.

@AdamSchefter 14 mins

At team meeting minutes ago, Redskins players were informed Kirk Cousins will start at Cleveland, according to text from person in room.

Yeah, it looks that way. Remains to be seen whether Griffin is going to be available if Cousin struggles, or if he will be inactive.

Regardless, this seems like the better long term move. I like it when the Redskins do things with their long term future in mind. So many of their worst moves in previous years have reeked of desperation for a quick fix. There is no reason to be desperate here.

Good luck to Cousins. Keep that offense rolling.

Yeah, it looks that way. Remains to be seen whether Griffin is going to be available if Cousin struggles, or if he will be inactive.

Regardless, this seems like the better long term move. I like it when the Redskins do things with their long term future in mind. So many of their worst moves in previous years have reeked of desperation for a quick fix. There is no reason to be desperate here.

Good luck to Cousins. Keep that offense rolling.

RG3 isn't dressing at all.

Archived