Moments of Foreshadowing 3

Ser Wun Wun

@Sandsnake Is the chain of hands the Hand's chain of office? I was under the impression, that the chain was a piece of jewelery, Tyrion had specially made for Shae and that Tywin had adopted it in some way to anoy Tyrion. But I may be wrong there.

Jaime gets a golden hand to replace the one he lost. The Hand of the King often wears golden badge or chain in the form of hands. Could Jaime's golden hand foreshadow him finally taking the position of Hand of the King like Cersei wanted, possibly just to keep things running smoothly and keep Cersei in cheque?

I always thought this was foreshadowing of Jaime choking the life out of Cersei using his golden hand, just as Tyrion choked the life out of Shae with a chain made of linked golden hands. A common theory, I know, but it fits. I'm pretty sure Jaime is the valonqar, even if I have trouble seeing how he's going to survive his upcoming encounter with Stoneheart.

Jaime were to become hand then it would move him one step closer to being the valonquar, imo. He'd be wearing the chain of golden hands, and if he were to wrap that around Cersei's neck and strangle her the way Tyrion strangled Shae, then the one-handed Jaime would fit the prophecy that says he will wrap his hands around her neck.

ETA:

Oh, good one! I've always thought the Blackfish would end up with the BwB, and this is confirmation.

@ Newstar -- get out of my head! agggggh!

Wow, very nice work guys. re: Jaime, golden hands, valonqar. Impressive.

This is all going to be about The Mystery Knight

"Stay well away from that one," Dunk warned Egg. There was something about Plumm that troubled him. "He could be a robber knight, for all we know."

The warning only seemed to make Ser Maynard more interesting to Egg. "I never knew a robber knight. Do you think he means to rob the dragon's egg?"

Widely believed theory is that Maynard Plumm was Bloodraven in disguise and that he was in fact responsible for stealing of the dragon egg.

@Sandsnake Is the chain of hands the Hand's chain of office? I was under the impression, that the chain was a piece of jewelery, Tyrion had specially made for Shae and that Tywin had adopted it in some way to anoy Tyrion. But I may be wrong there.

IIRC, Tyrion had the chain of hands made for himself to wear as the chain of office and Tywin adopted it for himself. I think of it as the Lannister emblem of hand-ship (I think Jon Arryn had something else). So yeah, if Jaime became Hand I think he'd wear that chain.

ETA: @Ice Turtle -- I don't get it.

“I fear I am still not ripe . . . but better green than wormy, eh?”

From Raymun Fossoway, founder of the green apple Fossoways, referring the Knight of Cider Hall, Steffon Fossoway, as a wormy apple

Mollander scooped up the windfall. "This one's wormy," he complained, but he threw it anyway. The arrow caught the apple as it began to fall and sliced it clean in two.

The surviving red apple Fossoway from the BoBW is Tanton Fossoway, a descendant of Steffon. Does this foreshadow the fall of the red apple Fossoways going extinct when Tanton dies in battle, possibly against Ser Franklyn Flowers.

This is all going to be about The Mystery Knight

"Stay well away from that one," Dunk warned Egg. There was something about Plumm that troubled him. "He could be a robber knight, for all we know."

The warning only seemed to make Ser Maynard more interesting to Egg. "I never knew a robber knight. Do you think he means to rob the dragon's egg?"

Widely believed theory is that Maynard Plumm was Bloodraven in disguise and that he was in fact responsible for stealing of the dragon egg.

Or it could be between that and the other part of the story where the Dwarf steals the dragon egg, it could foreshadow Tyrion and Plumm stealing Dany's Dragons.

Or it could be between that and the other part of the story where the Dwarf steals the dragon egg, it could foreshadow Tyrion and Plumm stealing Dany's Dragons.

Yeah it's shaping up rather neatly. Both Plumm and Tyrion have a common goal in making Tyrion Lord of the rock, something Aegon will be able to give to him. Plumm helps Tyrion steal a dragon for Aegon, who in turn gives Tyrion the rock (after they conquer it), who in turn pays his debt to Plumm. Betrayal for gold.

"Marriage is not for you," Theon decided. "When I rule, I believe I will pack you off to the silent sisters."

This foreshadows Theon sending Asha to the silent sisters, but not to be one.

Lyrics from "The Wolf in the Night" about Robb's victory at Oxcross:

And the stars in the night were the eyes of his wolves, and the wind itself was their song.

ASoS Jon:

He rode till dawn, while the stars stared down like eyes.

ADwD Jon:

The wind was rising.

ADwD Tyrion:

the stars were coming out. The same stars in Westeros, Tyrion reflected.

As Jojen said, the wolves will come again.

IIRC, Tyrion had the chain of hands made for himself to wear as the chain of office and Tywin adopted it for himself. I think of it as the Lannister emblem of hand-ship (I think Jon Arryn had something else). So yeah, if Jaime became Hand I think he'd wear that chain.

ETA: @Ice Turtle -- I don't get it.

Right. Love that chain by the way: What goes around, comes around.

FAegon and Dany are both dragons.

And yet a real dance of Dragons with dragons on both sides would... spice things up.

GRRM once compared dragons with the nukes of the world of ASOIAF. Once you embark on that analogy, it is an easy jump to all those troubles, nuclear powers face such as proliferation and the potential theft of nukes.

Another about TMK and Tyrion.

As he approached the postern gate, Dunk came upon the company of dwarfs from last night's feast preparing to take their leave. They were hitching ponies to their wheeled wooden pig, and a second wayn of more conventional design.

There is no better qualification for dragonstealing than to be a dwarf, work with a Plumm and ride a pig.

Another about TMK and Tyrion.

As he approached the postern gate, Dunk came upon the company of dwarfs from last night's feast preparing to take their leave. They were hitching ponies to their wheeled wooden pig, and a second wayn of more conventional design.

There is no better qualification for dragonstealing than to be a dwarf, work with a Plumm and ride a pig.

Excellent find.

The more I think about it, it almost makes sense that Tyrion will side with Aegon against Dany. Or at least be responsible for stealing two dragons.

Also the whole Dany, Tyrion and Jon team up together thing just seems so bloody unlike GRRM.

The theory combines in well with a lot of foreshadowing and prophesy as well as the repetition of major histories. For instance Tyrion terrorising Victarion, as Vic will likely be responsible for the horn and/or one or more dragons that are not Drogon. Viserion and Rhaegal against Lannisters, Rhaegal (Aegon's dragon) dying first and at the hands of the usurper (Dany, possibly on the trident), Lann the clever, betrayal for gold, etc.

I've been sold on it for a while.

Archived