TTTNE 376: Spamsmoot 2013

K.C.

Well, I had been working on something with the CROW, might as well share it, since it's in the spirit of the source of the TTTNE:

It is with great rejoice that we reunite here on this three hundredth and seventy sixth thread. Ever since the origin of The Thread That Never Ends years ago, the spam and posts of our forum members and the ruling of our former SpamMonarchs have been fulfilled and cherished. The friendly camaraderie of our forum members, the hard and dedicated work of our board moderators and the special bond between Spammers have given us these peculiar chain of threads: The Thread That Never Ends.

One and a half years ago, I stumbled upon this board as a first fl00ber. The spammers of then, in the genuine spirit that originated this thread, in most heartfelt manner embraced me into the forum and treated me like a regular. In these one and a half year while the board has increased in its numbers significantly, we have manage to foster peace and harmony among the ever rising debates of General chatter, and the renovated crackpot theories in GenASOIAF.

Yet we must always remember that as a board, in these changing times we encounter new challenges; but we must remember: how much spam we do, how many races we compete against, and how many times the board is down, as a TTTNE family ultimately without peace, goodwill and happiness we have nothing.

Our generation of spammers has been gifted with fun, dynamic and heartfelt threads by our predecessors. I am confident that as long as we are willing to keep our commitment to the spam and follow there example we can continue endlessly in our never ending progress.

I am confident because I believe in the strength of the Spam among you. All of the members of the Spam; those who have been, and those to come, are the true jewels of this thread. Hence, as long as we continue to pursue the simple and timeless goal upon which the spam family has been built, and as long as we strive to continue to maintain the TTTNE we can ensure that future generations of fl00bers may enjoy the spam. It is not because I am now candidate to King of the Spam that I ask this of all of you. The Spamsmoot has put me here. It is with immense gratitude that at this young forum age, I accept the challenge and duty of ruling the thread in humility with my fellow runner CROW Florent.

Throughout this year, should we be elected we will never rule you as a Kings, for we are not. As the temporary Rulers of the Spam, our duty will be to foster its flow an encourage the spammers to welcome each other in the tiny corner that the wise King Ran has granted us.

I end with a heartfelt gratitude to all those who are participating in this year's Kingsmoot, and on behalf of ICE CROW and myself, may the friendship in this thread continue forevermore.

You have wooed me with your eloquence.

KEG? Your turn.

You have wooed me with your eloquence.

KEG? Your turn.

Well, I have only expressed what I believe is the true meaning of the Neverending thread and what we do here. At the end of the day, there shouldn't be rifts among us, because this is the only corner of the board, behind :cheers: and :leer: and :grouphug:. All it takes it to look at Belandra Waters' entry post? One invests in the others stories here... and that's what should be always preserved. That is the TTTNE I joined and the one I'm sworn to defend with my spam.

Wooooooooooooow! Hold your horses! This thread will be ended by tomorrow if you are not careful!

Ah, it feels good to have my petals back. ;)

Bucky, the carnival holiday in February you asked about is Mardi Gras. New Orleans is its home base. There is also Fat Tuesday, the day before Ash Wednesday when Lent begins.

No, Ptuj is. :P

Isn't Mardi Gras the French word? Don't you have a word for it in English?

Buck wanted a quickie. :leer:

*suspicious* I am not sure what you mean by that ... but I do think it is blush-worthy, am I wrong?

I the words 'a quickie' and my first thought was Crown. Once I digested that you had said Buck, I had to laugh :leer: :leer: :leer:

:wacko: Explanation please?

Lady tMoW of Houses Crakehall and Hufflepuff has offered a hand in our government, if you know what I mean :leer:

With the T-MoWs aid, Bars will overflow with everything from the finest vintage Arbor to the strongest ale

:cheers: to the Crow and the Lion! I am forever loyal, and will be a just Hand. :leer: And I'll keep the booze flowing of course...

Nice work with the kid pics in the last thread, folks. Brought a smile to my face. :)

It translates to "Fat Tuesday" in English, but no, we call it Mardi Gras.

You poor English speakers, don't have a word for it! :lol:

Also a quickie is a fast :leer:.

ETA: The thread ended before a could post my pics. Is it too late now?

I thought as much, I wonder what Bex meant that she needed to laugh.

Never too late for pictures! ;)

Also, my support for the CROW and Zar remains unquestioned, since I am no turncloak and not going to turn my back on them for a flayer and somebody who offers :leer: for political purposes. I will demand a lot of kind PMs from CROW, of course, he already promised me one UHUUUUUUUUUU UHUUUUUUUUUUU UHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Sorry if this is not as eloquent as Zar's great post, but hopefully you'll get what I'm trying to say.

I'm one of the newer spammers, first posting in September, so some may not know me as well, and I may not have not have experienced all of the interesting things that others here have experienced, but what of it?

I have read all of the threads and have learned much about my fellow spammer's lives, and learned that you are all interesting people who like to have fun.

TTTNE is a fun place and it is what brings people into it, but it's the people that make it great

Saint Arya and me will make sure that TTTNE stays like it should be; a fun and awesome place to spam.

We will always be here if another spammer needs us, we won't discriminate against any spammer, new or old, we'll take care of the thread, and will always offer punch pie, and leer. :leer:

I can't speak for Saint Arya, but I'm sure she shares the same sentiment; I'm glad I found TTTNE. It's a great place, where you feel comfortable. Without the constant arguing of General books and general chat, or the competition and possible frustration of the other threads in Forum Games.

But the thing I want the most for TTTNE, and the message I want to spread is; Have fun, and cheers! :cheers:

edit: We also have plenty of ships and salt wives/husbands to give to our supporters.

Archived