Graphic Novel Recommendations

Hill

• 2 weeks later...

I've read the first trade and intend to get the others, liked it quite a bit.

Thanks, Brady! I've now read the first one, and liked it well enough to order the next three. My only real complaint was the lack of character depth. Definitely looking forward to learning more about the world.

ETA: NBC has ordered a pilot, but of course it's NBC so I won't get my hopes up.

I gotta be honest, I know it's kind of a 'superhero' book, but I've just read all the 'Invincible' trades, and those books are fucking awesome.

Go check them out. They are by a guy named Robert Kirkman. You may or may not of heard of him, he's written a book or two.

I'll take Invincible over The Walking Dead any day. Omniman may be my favorite superhero ever.

I gotta be honest, I know it's kind of a 'superhero' book, but I've just read all the 'Invincible' trades, and those books are fucking awesome.

Go check them out. They are by a guy named Robert Kirkman. You may or may not of heard of him, he's written a book or two.

I was late in discovering Revival and Thief of Thieves recently. I just ordered them and am looking forward to catching up.

My brother lent me Thief of Thieves so I'll be reading that later this months. He said it's awesome.

My brother lent me Thief of Thieves so I'll be reading that later this months. He said it's awesome.

I ordered the issues that I could. Some are pre-order and some are back ordered. I'm excited to read it and Revival. We will have to start a new thread once people catch on to them :D

I'm a big fan of Craig Thompson's Blankets, but I've heard mixed opinions on Habibi. Generally most people seem to think it's not as good as Blankets, to say the least. Is it worth buying anyway?

Don't listen to haters, Habibi is his best. I read it in one sitting.

There's so many layers to the story and the way he weaves the art of calligraphy into the story itself is frankly quite unique, I'd never read anything like this before. The art becomes the story and the story becomes art. It's hard to describe, but it's quite fascinating. The amount of research he did about the arab art of writing is astounding.

It's got some pretty strong themes (sexual and otherwise, can't say too much without being spoilery) but they're all treated with utmost respect and tact and subtlety.

It's an incredible story about stories, about love, about forgiveness and friendship and parenthood and tolerance ... and seriously, just go read it now.

Archived