Community: Six Seasons And A Movie or Three Seasons and a boycott

SpareBoot

I missed the first part of the episode. Did they even mention Annie getting her feet rubbed by Cornwallis?

In Season 1 they had an episode about cheating, now the characters don't mind tying people up to get a better grade? Neither Brita nor Shirley object?

Just seems out of character.

I missed the first part of the episode. Did they even mention Annie getting her feet rubbed by Cornwallis?

No, but they are being aired out of order. Technically that reveal hasn't happened yet

No, but they are being aired out of order. Technically that reveal hasn't happened yet

Ah well, it was a stupid secret. Would've been better if she slept with that pottery guy.

Last episode was alright, one of the only decent ones this season.

Abed is insufferable now, he's worse than Chang.

Yeah, Abed had some development but this episode just backslid into old territory.

In Season 1 they had an episode about cheating, now the characters don't mind tying people up to get a better grade? Neither Brita nor Shirley object?

I thought that at first, but then I remembered Annie's (repeatedly) chloroforming a security guard at Jeff's old law office in Season 2.

This episode was okay. With a few exceptions this season, most episodes have generally seemed more slowly paced, and where smaller A stories in the past might have been accompanied by a zippy B plot, we haven't much of that structure lately.

This on top of all the other problems with the show is yet another kick in the groin to loyal fans. Community used to be amazing at air dates corresponding with the show's content. Having a Latvian Independence day joke on Latvian Independence day? Also taking multiple seasons to set up one joke?

Amazing! This show is dead and I will miss it. At least we got 3 good seasons to re-watch.

Aw, damn. I wanted to like this - it's the kind of nutty, stylized thing I love - but while the structure was there the execution was lacking, imo. Characterization seemed off, lines weren't funny, characters were underutilized, the Dean, Chang and the timline thing were unconnected and just boring. There was just no zing.

OTOH, didn't anyone else Abed in a tank top was kind of sexy? Dude-eat-a-sandwich collarbones, mmm. No one else? Just me, huh? No? :leaving:

I thought that at first, but then I remembered Annie's (repeatedly) chloroforming a security guard at Jeff's old law office in Season 2.

I don't know - chloroforming was more part of the silliness of that episode. I didn't think of it as saying anything about Annie's character.

In general it seems like the characters have lost their identities, now they are whatever the writers need them to be from episode to episode. Both Abed and Jeff were Season 1 versions of themselves in this episode.

OTOH, didn't anyone else Abed in a tank top was kind of sexy? Dude-eat-a-sandwich collarbones, mmm. No one else? Just me, huh? No?

He was more toned than I expected him to be.

It isn't their fault a Christmas episode is airing so late, the show was supposed to start back in the Fall, but NBC pushed it back to 2013.

Well, the curtains also work with President's Day, Valentine's Day, or whenever they decide to air it.

OTOH, didn't anyone else Abed in a tank top was kind of sexy? Dude-eat-a-sandwich collarbones, mmm. No one else? Just me, huh? No?

OMFG YES! Unfortunately the whole TV tropes sthick is getting incredibly irritating. It's a shame, he used to be one of the funniest characters

But other than Abed being annoying, I think it was a really good episode, I don't really get the complaints. :dunno:

But other than Abed being annoying, I think it was a really good episode, I don't really get the complaints. :dunno:

It wasn't funny. In fact, it made me sad because I could still see the potential, so extra not-funny.

Archived