Community: Six Seasons And A Movie or Three Seasons and a boycott

SpareBoot

Huh. But aren't they going to graduate? Or does Greendale offer phd programmes? If it comes back i'm going to have to watch it and I don't know if I can be bothered with it anymore.

A few of you seem to be hate-watching this show and that can't be healthy.

Here's a tip I'm going to give again to those few: if you do not enjoy a television show so much so that you must make multiple posts about it on an internet forum, do yourself a favor and stop watching it.

It really, really, REALLY is that simple.

Huh. But aren't they going to graduate? Or does Greendale offer phd programmes? If it comes back i'm going to have to watch it and I don't know if I can be bothered with it anymore.

Only Jeff was due to graduate early, the rest of the group still has "half a year" left.

But I wouldn't call it hate watching. I genuinely wanted to like this season but it just lost the spark.

I don't think it lost the spark but it lost a spark. There's only been one episode this season I haven't enjoyed, though only one episode stacks up to the best of the series. It's been worth it for all the little in jokes. This is clearly a show that is being made for its audience and the subtle and often not-so-subtle nods to that make an episode that isn't extremely funny still worth it. To me at least.

this season was just one semester. my guess would be it comes back next year with a 16-17 final season that covers the last semester and gets them to 100 episodes

I don't think it lost the spark but it lost a spark. There's only been one episode this season I haven't enjoyed, though only one episode stacks up to the best of the series. It's been worth it for all the little in jokes. This is clearly a show that is being made for its audience and the subtle and often not-so-subtle nods to that make an episode that isn't extremely funny still worth it. To me at least.

yeah and i do next year could be better than this as they find their way and learn.

this season was just one semester. my guess would be it comes back next year with a 16-17 final season that covers the last semester and gets them to 100 episodes

yeah and i do next year could be better than this as they find their way and learn.

I think that would be the smart route. Community is already a cult comedy and getting it to syndication will only put money in NBC's pocket in the long haul.

ETA:

And this week's episode is written by Academy Award winning screenwriter Jim Rash aka The Dean:

this week's "Basic Human Anatomy," in which Troy and Abed magically switch bodies, "Freaky Friday"-style.

ETA2:

Because I'm on a Community tear now and also who doesn't need a Community song youtube playlist?

For some reason, "According to the bylaws, I have to grant him three wishes" was the best line. As usual for this season, nothing felt like it went far enough. Nice bit of Pierce minimization there thought. I suck at this kind of thing, but was Abed-as-done-by-Troy way better than vice versa? Is it just because Abed has more obvious tics that are easier to act out?

good but not spectacular. possibly my second favorite of the year, though were a few misses.(die hard waiter, who i loved the first time, didnt really bring much)

dean as jeff was great, the abed and troy flipped were fun to watch not as impressive as everyone as everyone from the dreamatorium episode.

annie was also great in her reactions to the dean

I thought that episode was great. They actually nailed using a TV trope for the first time this season and the emotional beats worked really well for me. "troy" was better at being Abed but I guess that's because the Abed Character is easier to mimic and the Dean did a great impersonation of Jeff. I also loved Annie's reaction to JeffDean (she seems to make a habit for falling for good impersonations).

I think the character stuff worked the best for me though. It was interesting to see how Troy went about dealing with his problem and shows he can be smart (in a cowardly inventive way) and l like that him and Abed know each other so well they can pretend to be each other. I thought Britta took it amazingly well considering she was dumped by her boyfriend's best friend but I guess it says a lot for the group how they can let this kind of stuff slide.

If all of this season was as strong as this I don't think I'd be noticing the loss of Harmon so much. If the last 2 episodes maintain this quality I'll put it down to the new team hitting their stride and actually start hoping for another season.

And the "out-takes" at the end were fun.

This was easily the funniest episode of the season. Not much of an achievement in itself, admittedly, but it really made me laugh throughout. The Dean was amazing as Jeff. Jeff was finally back to being at his snarky best. Annie's reactions to the Dean were great.

On the other hand, the Troy - Brita was weak from the start and the way it was ended here was no exception. Brita just accepting the way Troy broke up with her by proxy just makes no sense to me.

Holy shit that was funny!!!

I was laughing off my ass for the first time this season was funny. That was not only the best episode of this season, but one of the best of the series. Loved it!

Agree with red snow's analysis. My favorite part was Annie and Jeff-inside-the-dean :lol:

ETA:

Oh and Senior Kevin's? Are they playing the episodes out of order again or was this just supposed to be one of those things that happened while not "on screen"? Or did I totally miss/forget something in an all ready ran episode?

Oh and Senior Kevin's? Are they playing the episodes out of order again or was this just supposed to be one of those things that happened while not "on screen"? Or did I totally miss/forget something in an all ready ran episode?

It's been in a couple episodes. The one where the Dean blackmails Jeff into lunch and then karaoke comes to mind. It's also where Britta and Troy had their first date - which Abed simulated for Annie in the Dreamatorium.

Wait you guys liked this "freaky friday" episode??? :dunno:

I think the Troy and Abed stuff was a mess, I can't imagine Britta not being pissed at having her boyfriend's best friend break up with her, it's a chump move, even if he owned up at the end. The Britta/Troy realationship always felt forced, even last season, and they never made an effort to make the relationship make sense, most of the time it didn't even seem like they were an item, I think the convention episode was the only one where they acted like a couple.

That being said, if I put aside the story, I do think this was the first episode I laughed at all season.

Archived