Small questions v.10002

Angalin

Bloodraven was a Targ bastard. I think he was a Great Bastard. Begs the question, what old gods? He wasnt a first man. He wasnt an Andal either. The Targs were given the blessing via the Seven so presume they at least pretend to be Seven followers. Currently the R"hllor followers seem to be the most excited about dragons and Dany. The God of Many Faces came from Valyria.

His mother was a Blackwood, who are first men and the only(?) Old gods worshipers south of the Neck. So yeah, it's a pretty big deal about him, her, and old gods.

I have a question regarding the House Harlaw inheritance:

Current head of House is Rodrik as the eldest son of his unnamed daddy. Normal (non-Dornish) succession should be: Gwynesse - Alannys - Theon - Asha, then the lines of Rodrik's father's siblings, including Harras and Hotho. However, in AFFC, Rodrik takes it as granted that Harras will inherit ("The Knight will be the Lord of Harlaw after me"), when later Harras is granted a better seat, Hotho claims "With him gone, I am the Reader’s heir".

So I'm asking... why? Is there any other reference to the Iron Isles using different rules of succession than the other 7 kingdoms? Or anything that points to the Harlaw inheritance being an exception?

(What has been described would fit with male-only agnatic primogeniture, while Dorne uses equal cognatic primogeniture and the other kingdoms male-preference cognatic primogeniture.)

Do you guys think Maester Aemon figured out Jon's parentage or atleast had a guess? He would have known that Rhaegar took Lyanna and then Ned came back with a baby that he refused to talk about. Plus living on the Wall for so long hes prolly heard all about Neds honor and maybe even met him before.

Who is the Night's King, is the the Big Other??

The Nights King was a LC of the Nights Watch that found a female Other beyond the Wall and brought her back to the Night Fort castle along the Wall.

They married and gave his seed and soul to her. He then declared himself King and her his Queen. They made human sacrifices of some of the NW brothers I believe and ruled for about 2 years.

The King Beyond The Wall, dont remember who it was at the time, and his Wildlings teamed up with the Stark in Winterfell and killed the Nights King.

Its said that he was a Stark and possibly the brother of the Stark in WF.

Do you guys think Maester Aemon figured out Jon's parentage or atleast had a guess? He would have known that Rhaegar took Lyanna and then Ned came back with a baby that he refused to talk about. Plus living on the Wall for so long hes prolly heard all about Neds honor and maybe even met him before.

I don't think so... When nobody in the seven kingdoms figured it out, why would he? Also the wall always recieves the news later then everybody else, and probably rumors don't get this far. And I don't think Aemon was much of a gossip girl^^

I don't think so... When nobody in the seven kingdoms figured it out, why would he? Also the wall always recieves the news later then everybody else, and probably rumors don't get this far. And I don't think Aemon was much of a gossip girl^^

Yeah and I also think he would have at least mentioned Jon in his Azor Ahai ramblings on the ship if he ever figured out that he is of Aerys and Rhaella's line.

I have a question regarding the House Harlaw inheritance:

Current head of House is Rodrik as the eldest son of his unnamed daddy. Normal (non-Dornish) succession should be: Gwynesse - Alannys - Theon - Asha, then the lines of Rodrik's father's siblings, including Harras and Hotho. However, in AFFC, Rodrik takes it as granted that Harras will inherit ("The Knight will be the Lord of Harlaw after me"), when later Harras is granted a better seat, Hotho claims "With him gone, I am the Reader’s heir".

So I'm asking... why? Is there any other reference to the Iron Isles using different rules of succession than the other 7 kingdoms? Or anything that points to the Harlaw inheritance being an exception?

(What has been described would fit with male-only agnatic primogeniture, while Dorne uses equal cognatic primogeniture and the other kingdoms male-preference cognatic primogeniture.)

While I do agree that women are more or less 2nd class citizen, IMO it has more to do with there not being a direct line of heirs. Even if one of his sisters were to inherit it, they are both old, and were married to men who had equal to or greater then his titles. The distant relatives on the other hand either have lesser lands/titles are have none.

Who is the Night's King, is the the Big Other??

here is the story of the Nights King.

I believe your 2nd question is who is the great other? we don't know if there is one, but that has been said in story. If there is one, we have yet to here its name( or as Mel would have said "isn't to be spoken"

I say no way in Hell he knew, or even thought it could be true.

While I could see him not telling Jon, there is just no way he would not have told Sam when he was talking about Dany. He made way to much about it, and seemed to be losing his wits on top of that.

I say no way in Hell he knew, or even thought it could be true.

While I could see him not telling Jon, there is just no way he would not have told Sam when he was talking about Dany. He made way to much about it, and seemed to be losing his wits on top of that.

The book that Sam dropped could be a book about the Targaryen linage(Maester Thomax’s Dragonkin, Being a History of House Targaryen from Exile to Apotheosis, with a Consideration of the Life and Death of Dragons), and constantly updated like that book Ned had in KL.

Archived