Shadowbaby Parenting

Zar Lannister

Supposing you've decided to sire/mother a Shadowbaby. What are the key aspects to consider?

What would be the key aspects into a Shadowbaby's proper upbringing? How long is the gestation period? What is their range of effectiveness? How long do they live?

Any other suggestions, word of advice?

Well I am no expert but... It's important to remember that while the shadowbaby is as big as it's father it is still a baby. This can be very confusing.

It needs light, so always keep a lamp on at nights.

While it doesn't talk itself shadowbabies are very fond of listening to other people's talking, it makes it feel safe. Talk to your shadowbaby.

The pregnancy is much shorter than a normal pregnancy, so it is much less invasive on the mothers life than a regular baby.

The shadowbaby likes bring ordered around and to help out, which differs a lot from other babies who are just lazy and sleep too much.

Shadowbabies will need to burn things for R'hllor, so I suggest you stack up on wood for this purpose. This can be expensive depending on where you live so it is very important to consider before having a shadowbaby.

Shadowbabies will need to burn things for R'hllor, so I suggest you stack up on wood for this purpose. This can be expensive depending on where you live so it is very important to consider before having a shadowbaby.

Sometimes the items that must be burnt include the blood of a king. This isn't very easy to find and some people seem to think that there's no point opening a source of the King's blood with, say, a knife and jar, but instead place the entire container into fire. The container may scream and howl in agony.

But um, how long is their lifespan?

Basically, I presumne you can have them relatively close, as opposed to regular children, since I know Melisandre had at least 2 within a book span, and still Autumn hadn't arrived. I take that is of course less than 9 months; I know she gave birth to one in Storms end sailing from Dragonstone, but I can't remember the length of the voyage; I take the latest time of conception was when she was still in Dragonstone with Stannis.

My question is how many shadowbabies can one man have? Stannis made two that we know of, can he make more?

Are Stannis' shadowbabies male? Because if ther are, his immediate heirs to the Iron Throne and the 7 kingdoms are shadowbabies.

My question is how many shadowbabies can one man have? Stannis made two that we know of, can he make more?

Didn't Melisandre say something about the fire being dim in Stannis? I think he can't make any more shadowbabies.

Well I am no expert but... It's important to remember that while the shadowbaby is as big as it's father it is still a baby. This can be very confusing.

It needs light, so always keep a lamp on at nights.

While it doesn't talk itself shadowbabies are very fond of listening to other people's talking, it makes it feel safe. Talk to your shadowbaby.

The pregnancy is much shorter than a normal pregnancy, so it is much less invasive on the mothers life than a regular baby.

The shadowbaby likes bring ordered around and to help out, which differs a lot from other babies who are just lazy and sleep too much.

:lmao:

Zar, I love how you started this thread in GenChat. :lol:

I like to think of it as a surrogate mother for randy shadows that struggle to have children.

Are you seriously questioning Stannis' ability?

Melisandre seemed to think he was not able anymore.

I do not think shadowbabies can be nursed at all, sadly. I do not think they would like milk. So you would need to feed them on light and darkness and blood since they are little, which may prove terrible. I heard they are hard to teach how to use a spoon.

I do not think shadowbabies can be nursed at all, sadly. I do not think they would like milk. So you would need to feed them on light and darkness and blood since they are little, which may prove terrible. I heard they are hard to teach how to use a spoon.

Not only that but their table manners are awful, and you can't potty train them, it is impossible. But when you see the happiness in their non-existant eyes, it make all the hassle worth it.

Yeah, don't try with knives either, though...terrible mess... Never got the blood out of the carpet...

:stillsick: Whom did Shady kill?

Not only that but their table manners are awful, and you can't potty train them, it is impossible. But when you see the happiness in their non-existant eyes, it make all the hassle worth it.

Word. Just yesterday, after another desperate lesson of how to sit and eat his lunch at the table, my little one just hugged me and he did not even want to point anything sharp at me for a whole half an hour! I was so happy!

Sometimes the items that must be burnt include the blood of a king. This isn't very easy to find and some people seem to think that there's no point opening a source of the King's blood with, say, a knife and jar, but instead place the entire container into fire. The container may scream and howl in agony.

Tell me about it. The screaming is very disturbing. I recommend using ear protection for the shadowbaby to avoid it being scared.

Archived