Does any-one think Dany would ally with the Freys

Priormuir Fergus

yeah i guess so too

Tyrion is pretty close to Dany and they will meet very soon into WOW. With the RW being one of the most important pieces of the current political situation in Westeros i'm fairly certain, that this topic will come up eventually, if Dany and Tyrion talk

Yeah and I think Tyrion knows you need the Starks in winterfell. Hence his marriage to Sansa and Tywin not trying to Castamere the lot of them. Cersei put it well, not sure if its in books but in the show when she said when winter comes the seven gods together couldn't help defeat the starks up north. If Bran Rickon or Sansa show up Tyrion will set them in winterfell and even divorce sansa as he wants the rock

Dany may not be up on Westeros culture but if EVERYBODY hates one family she would know enough to stay away. At least she should. She'd do more for her popularity by making an example of them. If she unleashes her dragons on the twins she'd make a strong demo of her power and be ridding the realm of a family nobody wants around anyway. It'll scare most houses and lords into falling in line and secure a large number of allies without really making any enemies. Nobody will start a war with her over the Freys. Politically speaking it would be smarter for her to do away with them, if she bothers with them at all.

Yeah, I don't see this happening. I mean while the Freys didn't make it on time to help with RR, they didn't fight for the Targaryens either. There are lots of families that did support the Targaryens during the rebellion that Daenerys knows about and thinks about when she's thinking about who will support her when she goes to Westeros. Also, as many other posters have mentioned, I'm fairly sure she'll hear about the RW at some point and I don't think she's the type of person who will think, "Hey! That was awesome! I should ally with them!" And I also agree that the Freys don't have that much to offer her as a house.

Absolutely not. All of Dany's chief Westerosi advisers despise the Freys. Tyrion knows that they are sick treacherous basterds, Barristan would spit in their face, and Jorah would want retribution for the death of his family. All that would do is make people much more reluctant to join their cause. The smart thing to do is to take over the Twins and give it to one of her chief bannermen.

Dany may not be up on Westeros culture but if EVERYBODY hates one family she would know enough to stay away. At least she should. She'd do more for her popularity by making an example of them. If she unleashes her dragons on the twins she'd make a strong demo of her power and be ridding the realm of a family nobody wants around anyway. It'll scare most houses and lords into falling in line and secure a large number of allies without really making any enemies. Nobody will start a war with her over the Freys. Politically speaking it would be smarter for her to do away with them, if she bothers with them at all.

I totally could see this happening :D

Dany learns about the Freys on her journey to Westeros and decides to make a point out of them. Almost all other Lords would ruin their smallcloth after she unleashes 2 dragons on the twins ;) (I don't think she would need all 3 for the twin towers)

The Lannisters and Tyrells are currently allied with the Freys. The noble houses are accepting of that. I think it is likely she will give them the option to bend. If they bend, she will ally with them. If they don't, she will burn them. If allying with the Freys was really that abhorrent, the Lannisters and Tyrells would have taken them out, just to appease the realm. They haven't. I see the Freys as the type to capitulate at the first sight of a dragon.

The Freys have a reputation for treachery, and Dany would get more support by promising justice for the RW than allying with the Freys. Her advisers would all advise against allying with the Freys. The Freys are screwed.

No, I think it's very unlikely. If the Freys aren't all dead by the time she gets to Westeros, someone else would've told her what they've done. She most likely wouldn't condone the Red Wedding, given her reaction to Daario's suggestion, although she has already proven herself to be a hypocrite.

The Freys have a reputation for treachery, and Dany would get more support by promising justice for the RW than allying with the Freys. Her advisers would all advise against allying with the Freys. The Freys are screwed.

Can't the Greyjoys be described almost the same way? Lots of folks around here think she will make allies of the Greyjoys.

The only family in Westeros that would advocate on behalf of the the Freys are the Freys themselves. Her advisors would recomend not taking them on as an ally and the Boltons/Lannisters/Tyrells would turn on them in a second if it meant saving their own ass. She has a lot more to gain by promising vengeance for the RW than she does making an ally of the Freys.

There is no incentive for anybody to ally with the Freys unless they are blackmailed into doing so. Moreover -- and this is a point that often gets lost in discussions over the issue -- the Freys have less than 2,000 men left. The 2,000 they sent to the North are not coming back and they've lost a couple of hundred in the South since that time. We're not talking about some great force here.

Archived