Which TWOW storyline are you most excited about

locke and key

Great thread!

1) Jon POV: Will we get to experience some type of green dream influenced by the three eyed raven? Perhaps in his coma state BR will give Jon clues about his parents. Maybe even a warging POV with Ghost.

1A) Melesandre: Will she play a pivotal role in Jon's resurrection?

2) Battle of Ice (Stannis/Theon): Cannot wait to see what happens here. I don't believe that pink letter for a second. What will become of the Boltons?

3) Arya always (as someone has already smartly pointed out): Can't wait to see her break the facelees men code and head home. I'm crossing my fingers she'll play a pivotal role when she gets back.

4) Jamie/Brienne: Will they survive?

5) Tyrion, Jorah, Barristan, etc.: The Battle of Mereen

The above stories have the potential to be incredible!!!

6) Danny: What will happen with Dorthraki

7) Bran: What will he learn??

8) Arianne/Connington: Siege of Storms End

9) Samwell: I am fascinated with what's going on in the Citadel and the maesters ulterior motives, but I'm afraid the most interesting character might have left to find Danny

10) Cersei: Always nice to see how things are falling apart in Kings Landing

11) Sansa: This story is kind of boring right now. I'm more excited to see what happens with show Sansa at this pint.

12) Areo: Hunting Darkstar

6-12 have the potential to be really good.

And the story I could really care less about: Greyjoys. Besides Asha and Theon I could care less. Hopefully they all die before I turn the last page of TWOW, because I'm tired of waisting my time on the Damphair when I could be reading about Jon or Arya or even Reek.

1) Everything Winterfell. The Boltons VS Stannis the Mannis should be dynamite!

2) Davos on Skagos. It even rhymes, perfect for a song. Will be interesting to read about the mysteries of Skagos.

3) Jon and Mel: Westeros' odd couple. Dead or alive? I say alive.

4) Jaime. I'm of a very small minority that doesn't care at all about Stoneheart, so my hopes is that he destroys her and rids us all of speculation early on.

5) Cersei. Will she have a Young Frankenstein moment where she falls in love with the monster after he wins her freedom?

6) Sam in Oldtown. I have become far more interested about this after reading the story about the city in The World of Ice and Fire.

7) Sansa. Eventually she's got to do something cool, but my guess it'll be with Aegon.

8) Arya. Eventually she's got to do something cool instead of training. My guess to kill Ramsey on a contract killing.

9) Bran. Now that he's part all powerful tree, I'm sure something cool will come of it, hopefully like something from Evil Dead.

10) Battle of Meereen. Dany won't be there at the end so it's anybody's guess on what the aftermath will be.

11) Dany in Essos. Eventually she's got to head back west, it's just a matter of how and by what route. Would love to read about her travels on the Demon Road.

12) Aeron, solely for more Euron!

13) Arianne. I like her, I love Dorne, but I don't feel she's important in the greater scheme of things. Could be wrong.

14) Aegon. A lot of people like the guy, I don't. Kind of wish he'd just disappear.

Yes, great thread. I think I'll take the tiered approach as well.

I. Really Looking Forward To:

1. Battle of Winterfell/Theon endgame/Great Northern Conspiracy/The North Remembers.

Don't know how it will play out. Or if Jon/wildlings/Mel help from the Wall. But I'm really looking forward to the Frey's and Bolton's getting their butts kicked. Hope Mance is OK. Hope Asha survives. Will Mel abandon Stannis when she figures out Jon is AA?

2. The Wall/Jon's Snow assisination/Melisandre/aftermath

Is Jon dead? Will Mel save him at all? If so, before or after he dies? Will that break his oath to the NW if it is after he dies? If so, will he go to help Winterfell? Will he re-swear and admit his error? Will he learn his true parentage? More Warging abilities? Will What become fo the NW and their alliance with the Wildlings? Will Mel finally figure out why all she sees is Snow instead of snow? What ramifications will that have on Stannis?

3. Brienne/Jaime/Stoneheart

Who is trapping whom? Where does loyalty lie? Will Brienne make the same choice Jaime did when sworn to an insane person? Will Jaime openly turn on Cersei? Is Stoneheart's hate irreversible? What if she learns a child (or multiple children) are still alive? Or that Ned didn't actually betray her? Hoping Pod survives.

4. Dany kicking @ss again/Mereen battle/Victarion & the horn/Marwyn's info

This is the part I like. Tyrion helping her solve the political intrigue in Slavers bay, somewhat less so. We can all pray Daario bites the dust somehow.

5. Sansa kicking @ss for the first time.

She's got legs, it's time to use them. She's got brains, it's time to use them. She's got influence, it's time to use it. Plus, she seems to be the only person who can trip Littlefinger up.

-------------------------------

II. Could be good, but not looking forward to it as much:

6. Arya's development/training/how she gets back.

I think she'll be fine. But she either has to go full in with the FM or break with them somehow. Warging abilities need to grow. Reunion with Nymeria seems destined.

7. Bran/Bloodraven

How will Bran impact the world, will he clash with Bloodraven? A Coldhands reveal would be nice. Hoping against hope for Meera.

8. Tryion/Mereen politics.

I fear it could be boring, but Dany does need to find out who was working against her, and I suspect slaves from Volantis will help her maintain order after she leaves. Green Grace?

9. Sam in Oldtown.

A Sand Snake (still, I thin) and Jaquen are there. It should be interesting. I smell a conspiracy amongst the Grey Rats.

10. Cersei/KL trial/Tyrells/Aegon invasion/Dornish in KL.

It would be lower, but the presence of the Dornish in KL could be fun.

-----------------------------

III. Meh.

11. Davos/Skagos/Rickon.

I suspect it will be offscreen mostly, but Rickon's return and Stannis knowing Manderley didn't kill Davos will be impactful if/when they come to pass.

12. Arianne/Dorne/Aegon

I like Arianne, but I'm just not as interested in this perspective. She seems unlikely to be able to discover if Aegon is real or not on her own, though we'll likely get clues from her prescpective. She's going to have to make a call on her own.

13. Aeron/Euron

1. Battle of Winterfell

There are just so many factors in this storyline, I cannot wait to see how GRRM handles it all. I just pray that Stannis comes out on top and doesn't kill Wyman Manderley. But this being ASOIAF, I'm not holding my breath for a happy ending.

2. Sam and Oldtown

Lots of interest here too. I get the feeling the Maesters are going to play an important role in whatever is to come. They must have knowledge of the White Walkers that will come in handy.

3. Sansa and Littlefinger

Two of my favourite characters now working together and with the army of the Vale (sort of) behind them? Whatever they get up to is going to have a massive impact, I'm sure. There are so many ways this story can go. And of course I want LF to finish top of the pile at the end of the series. :D

The rest will of course be interesting, but these are the three that I'm most looking forward to.

I'm looking forward to GRRM bringing the multiple storylines together. Of particular interest is the Riverlands with Jaime, Brienne, Lady Stoneheart, the BWB, and Nymeria's pack.

Exactly! It's them meeting up that I an looking forward to, especially Dany and Tyrion, short as it may be.

The one I am most curious about is Sansa, I only hope she won't disappoint and die after a few chapters :(

What I really want to know is who those dragonriders are going to be ...

Highgarden and Casterly Rock! At the SF premier GRRM stated that we'd be seeing both in the last two books, and now that's what I really want to know. He mentioned that the prologue would be of Westerling at the Rock, but Highgarden? I've been trying to think of which POV characters could possible go to Highgarden, (or the rock).

Bran -hopefully we finally get a glimpse at some past events

Sam - can't wait to see what he finds browsing through some books

Arya- Hopefully some more FM info and seeing if arya is a Rogue FM or will she actually leave her past behind. and maybe the iron bank will want to have its due

Dany- hopefully Daesh Khaleen / womb of the world, stallion that mounts the world.

Lady Stoneheart.

Best thing about Feast for Crows.
Gives us a small taste of the revenge we crave.
So intriguing. So many possibilities.

Think it's criminal that they're leaving her out of the show. It would make great TV, especially the first reveal and the Brienne and Podrick cliff-hanger

So, looking forward to seeing how Brienne bringing Jaimie back plays out in WoW.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What would you think of the second battle/siege of Kings Landing?

The sea defenses are nil except for the Tyrion's chain what with all Aurane Waters' dromonds at Torturers Deep pirating. The Wildfire defense is pretty much depleted from the first time around. Within the walls divided loyalties abound eg Lannister vs Tyrell vs The Seven vs the confused City Guard....

It would seem time ripe for say a small force (1000/2000) of Golden Company with elephants and the goldenheart archers to lay siege, that is if the Volantine captains are willing to sail up the coast to the Blackwater Rush...

I am quite excited about Arya's path to becoming a faceless (wo)man. I don't know why, but I find her so cool. I am also excited about Victarion because he just seems badass and really manly. The third most interesting to me will probably be Sam's story down in Oldtown, I don't know why, but I just want to know more about the Citadel and everything there.

I am quite excited about Arya's path to becoming a faceless (wo)man. I don't know why, but I find her so cool. I am also excited about Victarion because he just seems badass and really manly. The third most interesting to me will probably be Sam's story down in Oldtown, I don't know why, but I just want to know more about the Citadel and everything there.

Probably because she IS cool. Haha. She's one of my favorites for sure.

I think Victarion's fate is sealed though...highly doubt he survives much longer.

• 4 weeks later...

It changes as times goes by actually.. currently I've been kind of intrigued by Bran's story. Initially I had written him off as staying in the cave just watching and communicating through weirnet, but now I don't think so.. him physically staying in the same locating for 2+ more books seems improbable/strange... imo ;)

I love Asha as a character and am anxious to know what's going to happen with her (and Theon).

And ultimo I finally became interested in Dany's arc after her one-on-one time with Drogon in the Dothraki Sea :) It was really refreshing to see her in a completely different environment and I really hope that ruling westeros (in whatever form) is NOT her endgame :blush:

I am very interested in how things will go with Jamie and Brienne. I actually misinterpreted Brienn's hanging and thought she was dead and then given the gift of life by Lady Stoneheart, to be used as bait to lure Jamie.

I have since learned that the word she said was "sword" (I'm not sure what I had thought it was) implying that she is willing to kill Jamie to save her own life. I think that she is in love with Jamie, so that doesn't make ton of sense to me, but fear of death can make someone act in ways they normally never wood.

I am also very excited for the Jon Connington story line. The whole Aegon thing is a fairly new angle that interests me. I think he is most likely the real deal and there is potential for the story to develope very rapidly in that area.

The battle for Mereen has to be the biggest one for me, though. So many characters and forces meeting up, many unaware that the others even exist. It is very likely to be pure chaos.

Archived