Which TWOW storyline are you most excited about

locke and key

Jaime/Brienne - SOMETHING huge is gonna have to happen to resolve this one

Sam - insanely curious about what Pate/The Alchemist/Jaqen is doing in the Citadel

Dany - she reached a turning point at the end of ADWD and it'll be really interesting to see how it plays out (fingers crossed it involves Drogon eating Khal Jhaqo)

Theon/Asha - the Battle of Winterfell

Arya - b/c she's always been one of my favorites and the Mercy chapter was fantastic

Bran. What the hell has GRRM planned for Bran? What is Bloodraven tutoring him to be? Every other character has a defined set of possibilities and options. Bran is in a world of his own. He can basically be as omniscient as GRRM needs him to be. This is a difficult arc to predict.

Don't care:

-Others. On one hand ASOIAF is this epic political low-fantasy thriller. It was freaking adopted for HBO, it's that compelling. On the other hand, you have a race of evil superbeings that almost guarantee world destruction when they invade. All the plots, the conflicts and the twists seem irrelevant when the bogeyman shows up. What did the Red Wedding matter when the Others storm through Winterfell and the Twins. What did all of Littlefinger's and Varys and Euron's scheming matter when everything boils down to this conflict. Just my 2 cents

Very Excited - Everything in the North from Bran to Davos.

Excited - Jaime-Brienne-Stoneheart saga, Aegon/Joncon/Arianne, Citadel/Euron, Battle at meereen

Curious - Sansa, Arya and the "Twisted" Aeron stuff

Meh - Dany, Tyrion and Aero Hotah.

Without any real large scale battles in the past two books, I'm really looking forward to several chapters detailing the battles in Winterfell and in Meereen. Since he really grew on me in ADWD, I am hoping that Ser Barristan can at least get a good death, unlike many of the other great warriors in the story - Ned, Robb, Drogo, Robert, etc. (Too many POV characters converging on Meeren - so, I suspect Barristan and Vic will die)

Also looking forward to seeing who Ser Robert Strong fights in the trial by combat and who wins.

And, of course, the fate of Jon Snow and how that is resolved.

The character that I'm most hoping to hear from is Benjen. I feel like his absence is something other than just being dead, and I think that we'll finally get to see what that is in tWoW.

Other than that, I think that Bran should be interesting with developing more powers, and the same with seeing where Arya ends up. I really wanted Dany to do something interesting in aDwD, but that never really happened.

Connington should be really fun to read as they battle through the stormlands, and I'm curious to see what happens in Oldtown.

Finally, the thing (other than Benjen) that I really want to see is a "She Bear" POV, because Howland Reed has so many answers and I think that it's time for GRRM to pull him out of hiding in the Neck.

(also Syrio. He will be back.)

agreed. Benjen Stark and the 'land of Always Winter' and (hopefully in this book) Howland Reed are the two storylines I'm looking forward to most.

Everyone's! But the first three that come to mind:

1. Bran. Everyone seems to think he's just going to see things and/or subtly affect things. But two books is a long time for him to just sit around and turn slowly into a tree. He's got to have some sort of struggle or adventure yet. I'm excited to see what it is.

2. Samwell. Something is up with the maesters, and it'll be fun to see Sam and the rest of the gang find out what it is. What doors will Jaqen's key open? Will Euron's invasion upend things right when they're about to make a discovery?

3. Aegon. I'm excited to see how much his invasion messes up everyone's plans. I hope he's crowned in King's Landing by the end of TWOW.

Well basically everything...but if I had a list I guess it would look something like this

-Battle of Ice/Battle of Fire, obviously.

-King's Landing, oh sweet intrigue.

-Adventures of a Crow, a Snake, a Rose and a Faceless Man: Just before the attack of Krakens!

-Aftermath of Ides of Marsh. What will Melisandre do after Jon's stabbing? I wonder that a lot.

-Alayne and LF

-Braavos, shit will happen here. So many characters are coming together. Love me some faceless men <3

-Bloodraven and Bran

-Dany's arc

-Arianne and Aegon's party

-LSH, Jaime, Brienne

-Nymeria's wolf army

-Trip to Skagos

-Where the heck is Damphair?

-Hotah's Darkstar hunt.

We will probably meet with Willas Tyrell too. I'm very excited about it.

After finishing my first re-read of the books: All of them

Top 5 though:

King's Landing arc and the aftermath of Kevan's death.

(f)Aegon's conquest.

Jon's fate and what happens at the Wall after he's stabbed.

Riverrun arc possibly leading to a second Red Wedding. Jaime's fate is included here too.

The Grand Northern conspiracies. As Preston Jacobs said, there's like five of them. So much plotting!

Honorable mentions:

Battles of Ice/Fire.

Euron's invasion.

Sansa and the politics going on in the Vale.

1. Get Dany to fucking Westeros already.

2. What happens to Jon so we can stop talking about him being dead, living in his wolf and being a wight.

3. What happens to Stoneheart.

4. Get Arya to fucking Westeros already.

5. Battle of Ice

• Bran- His continuing journey into becoming a greenseer, and the suspicious activities of the 3-eyed crow AKA

Bloodraven

Melisandre (and possibly Jon if he's reanimated before the end) - the events on the wall following the murder of jon snow and the encroaching threat of the others

Davos- His adventures on skagos and revealing rickon as lord of winterfell

Theon/Asha - the Battle of winterfell and it's results

Aeron - what's going on on the iron islands and the activities of/rebellion against the crows eye

Arya- Her continued training to be a faceless man and their strange secretive activities

Sansa- Her marriage to Harry Hardyng and the Vale crowning her

Jaime/Brienne- their encounter with lady Stoneheart and the consequences of it.

Cersei - The Trials of the Faith and the weakening of the lannister-tyrell alliance after Kevans death

Jon Connington- The siege of storms end and aegons Campaign

Arianne - Her journey through the stormlands and her adventures with the golden company

Samwell- His time at the citadel and the conspiracy surrounding Pate/the alchemist

Areo- the Hunt for darkstar

Daenerys- Her return to the dothraki sea and her time with Jhaqo's khalasar

Victarion/Tyrion/Barristan- the battle of Meereen and the results of that

I am interested in all storylines of course so I have to rank them:

1. Theon/Asha - Because I have absolutely no idea how this is going to turn out. The story has to come to some end soon, so I see no further purpose to the Boltons, but then again Stannis is probably expendable in the grand scheme of things. And so far nothing has ended well for the good guys. Ramsay infiltrating the camp and killing Stannis would be karmic justice for Renly, but it would also be another RW for me.

Victarion/Tyrion/Barristan - Same reason, although I'm sure Yunkai will lose. Will Barry survive? How will the Volantene slave revolt turn out? What exactly will the horn do? What is Moqorro's part? What about the Dusky Woman? How will Tyrion seize power after the battle and to which degree? What will the Green Grace do? What is the Shavepate's plan, why did he play Barry like that? How will the dragons change the outcome? Who exactly is the Harpy? Just so many balls in the air.

Jaime/Brienne - Only one of them will survive. How will Jaime's arc end? So far it has only been about his search for an identity. It could become about his redemption. But both he sacrificing himself or Brienne sacrificing herself for him could serve that narrative purpose. Brienne's arc could end in both "happily ever after" (well, to some degree, as in "finally getting some respect and going back to Tarth") or her sacrifice. Thoros is completely disillusioned, he will play a part. Not sure how long LSH is still needed (RW 2.0?)

Sam - At the Citadel he could read pretty much everything if George decides to let him. He also has a burning glass candle at his disposal. There is a conspiracy of the maesters to uncover. The info dump on the Hightowers in AFFC was interesting. The Ironborn are coming to Oldtown. That idiot Leo Tyrell will play some part. Maybe Sam will go to Highgarden and even meet his father there. And all that hasn't even factored in that he hangs out with a Faceless Man with a master key to the Citadel and a

Sand Snake

Dany - "Dragons plant no trees"

Cersei - Again, ranked so high because I can imagine so many things here. Will Cersei win? Will Margaery win? Is Loras really injured? How will RS be revealed for what he is? What will Varys do now that he has apparently decided that things must come to a head? I'm dreading Tommen's death.

Bran - Wondering to which degree George decides to speed up the overall story. Pretty much everything would be plausible now with his abilities growing. I could however imagine that we don't see his POV at all.

Sansa - I hope she finally brings LF down, he sure deserves it. And SR will die somehow. So far she has been a victim. The time will come when we will debate how evil she is.

Jon - Quite sure he will be resurrected by Mel after spending some time in Ghost. But the political fallout from his death will be interesting.

JonCon - He's a time bomb now. And he has decided that showing mercy in the past was wrong. Seing Storm's End and KL fall should be cool.

Aeron - I'm one of those who liked his chapters, but he would still be ranked lower if not for George's promise of "really twisted stuff".

Arya - Her time will come only in ADOS I think. She will reunite with Nymeria and stuff will happen.

Davos - Cannibals on unicorns should be cool, but I don't rank it any higher because I'm relatively sure what will happen here.

Arianne - Wondering to which degree she has really changed since her botched plot, but not much more.

Areo - I like that guy, and he, Balon Swann and Obara is quite a mix. I think his chapters will be really cool (sitting around a fire as the sun sets in the Dornish mountains will be somewhat awkward), but I don't see the significance for the overall plot yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Everything. Ranked:

1. Theon,Stannis,Asha and the Battle of Ice: The Winterfell stroyline in DWD has been my favorite part of the whole series. What is Stannis planning? What is Bran and Bloodraven doing to influence Theon? What is Asha's plan? Will Ramsay infiltrate the camp as Theon fears? Who wrote the Pink Letter? Was it true? Is Mance alive?

2. Jon, Melisandre, Tormund, Shireen, and the mutiny at the Wall: What did he discuss with Tormund for hours? Who organized the mutiny? Will Mel or BR bring Jon back? Will they burn Shireen?

3. Arya, Facelessmen, and other events at Braavos: Arya is my favorite character. Always eager to read her chapters first. No matter how disconnected from rest of the plots. In case of Winds, will she meet Justine Massey and fake Arya? What did she mean 'this will make trouble for the Sealord'? What is the FM's game? What happens when the Sealord dies? What happens with the wildlings captured by the Lyseni slavers?

4. Jaime, Brienne and the Brotherhood without Banners: What will LS want Jaime to do? Will he be the valonqar? Will Brienne be more loyal to LSH or Jaime? Will Pod and Hyle Hunt survive? What role will Gendry, Thoros and Lem play? Will Red Wedding 2.0 feature Nymeria and her pack?

5. Tyrion, Victarion, Barristan and the battle of Meereen: Who will win? Who will die? Who is the harpy? Will Tyrion finally ride a dragon? Where does whores go? Will Jorah be reunited with Dany any time soon? What happens with the Tattered Prince and the Dornishmen? Is Trystane really dead?

6. Alayne, Littlefinger, Sweetrobin, Harry and the Mad Mouse at the Vale: What will happen in the tourney? Will Sansa finally kill LF with that Valyrian steel dagger? Will they got to Harrenhal? Will anyone searching for Sansa find her? (Brienne, Jaime, Pod, Mad Mouse)

7. Cersei, the Tyrells and the Faith Militant at KL: Cleganbowl? A trial of Seven? What happens to Margaery? Will Randyll Tarly finally turn against Mace?

8. What happens with Dany and the Dothraki?

9. Sam, Sarella, Marwyn and Pate at the Citadel: What is Pate upto? What does Sarella means 'The sphinx is the riddle, not the riddler'. Will Sam learn more about Others and dragons? Will he fight Euron? Is his horn the real horn of Joramun?

10. Arianne, Jon Connington, fAegon: How did they take Storm's End? Will they go to KL (and get the whole city burnt down by Cersei using wildfire)? What happens to Myrcella?

11. Areo Hotah: Will he find the Darkstar? Will he find something else about house Dayne?

12. Damphair: I don't know really what to expect there, hence down on the list. Though I'm sure we are in for something exciting, from what GRRM said.

Archived