Which TWOW storyline are you most excited about

locke and key

The Others. I believe GRRM said we're going to see more of them in TWOW and learn more about the LoAW. I guess this is going to be their freakin' story.

Cersei's trial. Whose champion will triumph and get the shameful boo? I do somehow believe she'll go home with a big laugh coz her story is not yet finish and she'll need to mess a lot of things more.

Battle of Meereen and Daenerys finally heading west.

The Battle of smokin' Winterfell, of course. Who wins and who dies?

I think the reason the hunt for Darkstar will be interesting is that it will probably take us to starfall, where we can find out more about the mysterious and awesome house dayne and their greatsword dawn, as well as the enigma which is darkstar himself

True, finding out more about House Dayne, especially Ashara Dayne and Arthur Dayne (boy wouldn't I love for him to be Jon's pop rather than Rhaegar), would be interesting. But what is there aside from that. I do wan't to know exactly what Darkstar is planning, but I don't really know what else Areo Hotah's story can bring us.

I'm mostly looking forward to see what happened to the Night Watch after the attack on Jon Snow (I'm not completely convinced he died).

Also excited about the battle at Winterfell, Oldtown and Skagos, seeing Rickon become a little cannibal. He had gone over to the Dark Side early on :P

Don't care less about the Ironborn and Areo or whatever his name is and the Dorne people. Although very intrigued by the Daynes, so hope for more of them.

Although I am teamDany, I was so very disappointed with the direction GRRM took her character that I fear I will read the whole book and she will still be in Essos. So I'm sort of looking forward to her storyline but at the same time afraid to let myself hope. If it makes any sense.

Everyone except for Aeron and Hotah which are IMO just pointless weight to the story.

Jaime and Brienne headed to LS- awesome

Arianne paying Aegon a visit to cement an alliance- awesome

Meereen and its characters heading into battle- finale, and awesome

Stannis vs Boltons in the battle of ice- bring it on, GRRM, it shall be awesome

Shit hitting the fan at the Wall- big things are bound to happen here, awesome

Sansa, Arya, Davos and Bran are all in interesting places even if they are a bit secluded from the main events

Cersei and the power struggle at KL- shit is just beside the fan at this point, and all it needs is a push. Cersei will likely deal it herself, and it will be awesome

Mark my words, TWOW will be the best of the series.

1) Arya's further training to become one of the Faceless Men

2) Aegon's further proceedings now that he's in Westeros

3) Dorne and what they are about to do next with regard to Aegon/Quentyn's death

4) What's gonna happen at the Wall and when the Others are finally coming (and learning more about them)

5) Jaime's/Brienne's fate and what Lady Stoneheart got planned

6) Battle of Winterfell between Stannis and the Bolton's

7) Cersei's trial and what the Tyrells are going to do after Kevan's death

Can't wait to find out about:

1) Jon and events at The Wall

2) Battle for Winterfell

3) Daenarys and her Dragons

4) Aegon

5) Darkstar

Meh...:

1) Oldtown and The Citadel

2) Bran and Bloodraven

3) Cercei's trial

Could care less right now:

1) Jaime and Brienne and the BwB

2) Skaggos and Ricken

3) The Iron Born

4) The Sandsnakes

5) Arya

6) Sansa

• 1 year later...

Everything considering Dorne. What exactly will happen with Nymeria and Tyene in King's Landing? What will Arianne and Doran do after meeting with fAegon?

The Others.

Daenerys. Will she be able to return to Meereen, what will Khal Jhaqo do with her?

And Jon, PLEAAAAAASE be alive!!

1. Asha and Theon - I fear that one of them is a goner, and I really want to know who and how, plus what's happening in Winterfell.

2. Jaime - I'm not that invested in the stoneheart part, but more intrigued by what ever happens to ham afterwards.

3. Arcs includiing Shireen

4. Dany - I liked her time alone with Drogon in the Dothraki Sea and I really hope that her arc is going to head in a new direction from the mess in Mereen.

• 2 weeks later...

What I'm most excited for...

1. Arya -- I can't wait to see her knock off her hit list using everything she learned to become a FM (or FW)

2. Tyrion -- Sure, he's on the run after killing his father and being accused of killing Joffrey, but I have a feeling his time in westeros isn't completely over.

3. Samwell -- We've all got a lot to learn from his upcoming research in Oldtown... about the secrets of the Wall, about the Others... plus he's a good person so whether it's in his POVs or just mentioned, i think he souls make time to check on Gilly and the baby.

4. Jon -- Whether he lives or permanently wargs into ghost, he needs a POV.

What would be interesting...

1. POV chapters for Varys, Littlefinger or Illyrio

2. POV chaps for Summer, Ghost or Nymeria

3. POV chaps for any of Daenerys' dragons

Hard to rank them when there are multiple storylines I find equally fascinating. Sounds like a cop-out, but I cannot mention only one.

1) Dany : I feel that this will finally be the book where Dany reaches her pinnacle of power in Essos and discovers her identity. She becomes the Khal of the Dothraki, ruler of Slaver's Bay and has dragons. She finally lands on her homeland, Westeros, and begins the attempt to recover her birthright.

2) Jon: There has to be a reason why GRRM left Jon's death on a cliffhanger. How will he resurrect? Will he warg? Will he be resurrected by the magic of Melisandre? Also tying into this is the situation in the North with Stannis and the Boltons/Freys, and to an extent, the Others.

3) Davos: What exactly lies in the island of Skagos? Is it truly the terrible place where cannibalism reigns and unicorns make their home, or just another fantasy? I'm more concerned with Davos making it alive from the island really, but seeing Rickon, Osha and Shaggydog would be nice again.

4) Stannis: Was the Red Letter really written and sent by the Boltons? Will Stannis ever defeat the Northerners? I'm somewhat hoping Stannis can sit on the Iron Throne at least once, but expecting him to die soon after in a glorious battle.

You assume Jon is dead. His wounds were not that bad, and dead people do not feel anything. The chapter ended with only the cold...

The way it ended hints at one of two things. Either the WW's have arrived (Cold) or Ghost was let out and explains why Jon felt only the cold... (on snow and men distracted)

He also whispers Ghost's name, which also suggest that Ghost is on scene and Jon see's him.

In light of the OP's topic.

Jon

Bran

hell the North.

Tyrion

fAegon

Theon

I could care less about Dany and Dorn.

I'm probably most looking forward to the events at the wall and the Battle of Meereen as they seem like the most immediately interesting and important parts of the book in the beginning. After that I feel that Davos' story could be fairly interesting and Aegon's invasion will likely be one of my favorite parts in the book as well. The Battle of Winterfell will be interesting as well but as I hate both sides (Stannis and the Boltons) it will be somewhat less exciting for me. Sam's story will likely have many interesting parts but also a lot of filler (barring an Iron Islanders invasion duriing this book). For the most part I expect Aeron, Arya, Sansa, Daenerys and Areo to be fairly boring unless something very unexpected happens to raise my interest. Cersei, Bran and Arianne could really go either way but should at the very least have some good parts.

Archived