[TV/Book Spoilers] TWOP Unsullied Thread Part 3

Independent George

They are surprisingly silent on Jaime so far.

Yes. But I've been seeing that as a trend following an episode. There'll be a couple of quick posts, but the 'deep thinkers,' the 'analyzers' will sit back and ... think it out, puzzle it out. I expect we'll see some good long posts in the morning, but that it'll be mid-week before they zero in on the fact that the loss of Jaime's right hand means the loss of Jaime's self-identity, and then, where does he go from here? Should be an interesting week.

Yes. But I've been seeing that as a trend following an episode. There'll be a couple of quick posts, but the 'deep thinkers,' the 'analyzers' will sit back and ... think it out, puzzle it out. I expect we'll see some good long posts in the morning, but that it'll be mid-week before they zero in on the fact that the loss of Jaime's right hand means the loss of Jaime's self-identity, and then, where does he go from here? Should be an interesting week.

Some have already surmised that the Jaime/Brienne subplot is a redemption arc for Jaime. So it should be pretty easy for them to put the loss of his hand into that context.

I don't think anyone could have seen it coming, and I think most of us were hoping to not return to the Crazy Tower, but it makes sense for Littlefinger. He likes power, titles, and Tully women. And I imagine he'll enjoy pushing his enemies out of the hole in the floor. I'm not sure if it's better for Sansa, though. What if he sneaks her up there with him? Then she'll have to deal with his creepiness and Lysa's craziness. ]

Ahem :leer:

I am assuming Bailish has no clue how batshit crazy Lysa Arryn is, that ought to be a fun wedding night, fighting off your new stepson for a chance at your new brides tit.

:lol:

Oh I forgot the other interesting tid-bit... The slave girl, used the term "Valar Morghulis" - and Dany knew what it meant. I wonder was this a phrase in Valyrian?? IS that a hint that she did understand the slave trader all along? It's also what Arya is supposed to tell whatever Braavosi she returns the coin to. The plot thickens...

They think the Vargo Hoat expy has a notion of honour.

Meaning that in some further "I'll show you what honor is" grandstanding, the Bolton leader will continue to have Brienne left alone because "I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were of noble birth" (although that seemed to be where Brienne was trying to with it all, that she was a knight, etc. and would duel any man there honorably...etc. etc. )

Think they might find that call to be a little off...

Hmm...

New spitball on Theon's helper: It is Bolton's bastard and he now considers himself Lord of Winterfell, which is why he said "winter is coming." He is interrogating Theon to make sure more Iron Islanders aren't going to come to try to re-take Winterfell.

Interesting bit here...

We also learned a little bit more about Bravos. The bank of Bravos loaned tens of millions to the crown. So its the city of dancing masters, awesome assassins and bankers. I wonder if there is a connection between the bank of bravos and Jaquen. Perhaps the bank sent a man to Kings Landing in Season 1...

She'd have to face off against the Badass Brotherhood members, for starters,
Actually then I am really glad that Arya and Gendry are not alone. They are with the Brotherhood. Can the Brotherhood face down a red witch? Well I guess we'll see!!!

Oh poor things, when they find out who Thoros is. Not that Gendry is in any danger, other than of fathering a shadow baby perhaps. They obviously haven't connected the flaming sword Jaime mentions in S1 and the faded/dirty almost imperceptably red surcoat Thoros is wearing.

Oh poor things, when they find out who Thoros is. Not that Gendry is in any danger, other than of fathering a shadow baby perhaps. They obviously haven't connected the flaming sword Jaime mentions in S1 and the faded/dirty almost imperceptably red surcoat Thoros is wearing.

Well, there's really not enough to make the connection even for people as observant as the unsullied. The flaming sword has been mentioned, but it doesn't take too much imagination to have a flaming sword work without a specific god. Also both swords have been mentioned only in one episode each afaik (Though I'm sure the unsullied remember both)...and the key word about the red coat is imperceptably. Tbh, even if someone did think of it, as an Unsullied I would probably think of it as a strenuous theory at best...

Oh poor things, when they find out who Thoros is. snipThey obviously haven't connected the flaming sword Jaime mentions in S1 and the faded/dirty almost imperceptably red surcoat Thoros is wearing.

Someone over at TWoP asked, when Thoros was first introduced: 'Is that the same Thoros of Myr that Jaime and Jory discussed back in Season 1?' And someone else popped in to say: 'I hope so, otherwise who knows how many Thorii of Myr are running around Westeros!' Pretty funny line, gave me a good chuckle...

:P

Nice, looks like our worries about their depiction of Edmure were overblown. This is pretty accurate.

What did people think of Robb's uncle? He came across to me as rather nice lord actually. He seems genial, brave, and good-hearted... just... not that smart... or skilled... Basically a great Lord for peacetime, but more of the follower type in war time.

And, on the topic of the Blackfish, there have been a number of (reasonable) criticisms about caricaturing homosexuality, vis a vis Renly and Loras, in that their identity (to us) is centrally defined by this.I wonder if the will take a more subtle approach with Brynden. I'm hoping they keep it an undercurrent, but one that sophisticated viewers will get.Something to keep an eye on.

ETA:

It occurred to me as I was falling asleep that the big twist might be that Mel is going off to find Jon Snow in her hunt for Baratheon blood.

So wrong yet so right.

I just think Braavos is full of awesome. It has the awesomest sword/dancing masters, the awesomest assassins, and now clearly the awesomest banks.
But clearly, Braavos is the best. It's got the best wielders-of-weapons and it's rich. Why oh why didn't Arya just hightail it to Braavos with Jaquen???

I wonder how quickly the show will move Arya's plot forward. It' good to know Braavos has developed a cachet so quickly among these guys.

Someone over at TWoP asked, when Thoros was first introduced: 'Is that the same Thoros of Myr that Jaime and Jory discussed back in Season 1?' And someone else popped in to say: 'I hope so, otherwise who knows how many Thorii of Myr are running around Westeros!' Pretty funny line, gave me a good chuckle...

:P

Yeah, I woouldn't be surprised if some time this week someone thought: "Gendry, Mel, Thoros+flaming sword, Stannis+flaming sowrd" and decided Thoros is of the same religion as Mel.

Yeah, I woouldn't be surprised if some time this week someone thought: "Gendry, Mel, Thoros+flaming sword, Stannis+flaming sowrd" and decided Thoros is of the same religion as Mel.

And an interesting twist, way back when, the Unsullied noticed that Stannis' 'flaming sword' just sorta .. flamed out. We haven't seen Thoros' sword in action yet, but I'll bet the Unsullied will make that comparison. Good stuff coming...

Archived