[TV/Book Spoilers] TWOP Unsullied Thread Part 3

Independent George

And because that was off-topic again: Did the show mention Selyse Baratheon and Shireen so far? I'm really curious now ;)

Selyse was briefly mentioned in the second season (she's given you nothing but stillborns) and was played by an extra in burning of the idols scene. I was worried the show may have implied too heavily that Stannis had no children at all when Mel delivered that line, but it seems like the Unsullied didn't think that. She does say he has no 'sons', so it leaves room for Shireen. They've both been cast so we should be seeing them soon.

Selyse was briefly mentioned in the second season (she's given you nothing but stillborns) and was played by an extra in burning of the idols scene. I was worried the show may have implied too heavily that Stannis had no children at all when Mel delivered that line, but it seems like the Unsullied didn't think that. She does say he has no 'sons', so it leaves room for Shireen. They've both been cast so we should be seeing them soon.

The Unsullied think Mel was talking about Gendry and Jon when she said that there are some who shared his blood. I think we haven't seen Shireen yet in promos because the show hasn't acknowledged her existence yet.

What do you think of their take of the Unsullied as mindless soldiers? I fear that the show has not gotten the message completely right to the viewers if the other unsullied fear they are like clones or robots.

But, that's exactly what they are... what they are allowed to be... at this point. It's not until Dany frees them and starts giving them choices about what to do that they are allowed to be anything but mindless soldiers. I do hope they keep some of that development as it is really poignant at times. If they cut that stuff then I will join you in being disappointed.

And because that was off-topic again: Did the show mention Selyse Baratheon and Shireen so far? I'm really curious now ;)

I don't think so. I would guess that with Mel off to parts "unknown" we're going to see a little more of Stannis, Davos, and hopefully Selyse and Shireen in the upcoming episodes.

Selyse was briefly mentioned in the second season (she's given you nothing but stillborns) and was played by an extra in burning of the idols scene.

I could be wrong, but I don't believe she was mentioned by name.

I could be wrong, but I don't believe she was mentioned by name.

Your right, she isn't mentioned. Which is strange.

According to Ran she isn't in the next episode either. When is Shireen meant to turn up?

Just curious, have any of the Unsullied predicted the Mutiny at Craster's?

Your right, she isn't mentioned. Which is strange.

According to Ran she isn't in the next episode either. When is Shireen meant to turn up?

Just curious, have any of the Unsullied predicted the Mutiny at Craster's?

They have predicted the Old Bear will die, but i don't think they've seen a mutiny coming up, yet...

And what do the Unsullied think is going to happen with the Hound?

I've seen random predictions that he's going to die, but not much, really. They haven't zeroed in on him very much. I'm always interested in why they believe XYZ is going to happen to a character--for example that Cmdr. Mormont must die because Sam and Jon as characters can't grow and evolve until out from under his leadership. Also interesting is that lately they've been predicting that in Cersei's never-ending thirst for power, she's going to be suffering some hilariously humiliating put-downs now that the Tyrell women are on the scene.

ETA: This is interesting, and of course, I never even noticed it in the credits. :P Anybody here got an explanation?

There is something I can’t quite make out about mechanical Astapor in the credits..my first impression was of the controls for a stereo equalizer. When I zoomed in on it, it looks like levers that are raising up a wall. I'm not sure if it's symbolic or meant to be representational of something.

This has bothered me every episode. I’m glad I’m not the only one. What the hell is that stuff?

It does look like some allusion to Unsullied Soldiers to me as well.

But, that's exactly what they are... what they are allowed to be... at this point. It's not until Dany frees them and starts giving them choices about what to do that they are allowed to be anything but mindless soldiers. I do hope they keep some of that development as it is really poignant at times. If they cut that stuff then I will join you in being disappointed.

You're totally right of course. I was of the impression though that some unsullied (viewers) think that you could put some unsullied (soldiers) on a battlefield and they would let themselves get slaughtered if you don't tell them to "lift your shields", "thow your spears", etc. ... What I got the impression from the books later on though, is that they are a higly working professional soldiers troupe, i.e. the only ones creating proper ('Roman') Army camps and doing regular hygiene to keep themselves fit in comparison to the chaos of the mercenaries and the chaos of her ex-slave followers. That needs a considerable amount of organization and all and not everything stems from them being freed. So they are not "mindless", but just very good at obeying ;) Of course, that is still to come.. I'd like to see a reference to their one-name-a-day thing that will result in very funny other names later on.

You know, at first I looked forward to them learning about the Unsullied. Now, I get confused regularly as to whether we're talking about the show's Unsullied, or the TWOP Unsullied...

I know, right? :P Perhaps we should start saying Dany's Unsullied and TWoP Unsullied?

I heartily second the notion of 'please do not show us Lysa/Littlefinger sex/wedding night' and hope they do not show us Margaery's unpleasant wedding night either.
]Hehe, I guess I'm kinda kinky because I would LOVE to see a scene of Marge and Joeffrey's wedding night! I dunno, I'm just curious to see how sociopath sadistic Joeffrey would handle having real sex for the first time. Or better, how Marge would handle him.
Joff on wedding night (assuming he's a virgin) is going to suck.

Because everyone sucks their first time out.

But being Joff, he's going to want to kill his wife, because she saw that.

Don't tell Pod!

:cheers:

I still have Nightmares of Littlefinger & Lysa

RE: Crazypants Lysa and Twat Beard's possible nuptials - I doubt that LF will let a little thing like sanity (or an over-eager breast feeding Robin) get in the way of his ambition. We wants that damn throne! I sure as hell didn't see any way forward for him until last episode, but this is huge for LF. If he convinces Lysa to marry him, LF becomes Regent of The Vale, and (with the Seven Kingdoms at war) there are all sorts of things that being in charge of one of those 7K could result in.

:cheers: :cheers:

Now that magic returns, warging returns too. The other Stark children don't have it, only Bran (and maybe Rickon). So maybe you need to belong to the right family first. Then believe in your gift? The older Stark children grew up before the return of magic. Also they grew up believing both in the Old Gods and the Seven. Bran and Rickon could be too young for any religious education or to take this kind of education seriously. Maybe listening to the tales of Old Nan helped?

Well, I can see why they think only Bran (and maybe Rickon) can warg, because the show really hasn't done anything with Ghost/Nymeria/Grey Wind yet.

Well, I can see why they think only Bran (and maybe Rickon) can warg, because the show really hasn't done anything with Ghost/Nymeria/Grey Wind yet.

Arya told Tywin that Robb could transform into his wolf and can't be killed, when he asked her what they were saying about Robb in the North, Tywin ask "do you believe this?", Arya replies "anyone can be killed"

It's little but if I were one of the TwOP Unsullied, it´s a lot to get going... how she knows this? maybe it's happenning to her and she supposes to her brothers too...

Arya told Tywin that Robb could transform into his wolf and can't be killed, when he asked her what they were saying about Robb in the North, Tywin ask "do you believe this?", Arya replies "anyone can be killed"

It's little but if I were one of the TwOP Unsullied, it´s a lot to get going... how she knows this? maybe it's happenning to her and she supposes to her brothers too...

Also, I don't think the TWoP Unsullied really mentioned the whole scene with Talisa and the Lannister boys, where Talisa was saying he could turn into a wolf.

Archived