[TV/Book Spoilers] TWOP Unsullied Thread Part 3

Independent George

Agree with much of this. But, please, we cannot criticize another site, at all. Their house, their rules, cannot be discussed and criticized here. TWoP Mods run their site as they see fit, not us. Our Mods call it 'gossiping behind their backs,' and they will shut us down, for real, they will. None of us wants that. Don't do this, please.

Oh, I thought they wouldn't mind this, but okay, I won't mention it again :blush:

Oh, I thought they wouldn't mind this, but okay, I won't mention it again :blush:

No worries. We're allowed to peer into their site, enjoy their site, bring their show observations here for us to enjoy and discuss--and that's it. Bottom line, Westeros.org does not allow criticism of other websites or their members. No worries--we enjoy their posts, we leave the management of their site, to them, not us. Its all good. :thumbsup:

I have been wondering why too and what is going on with that whole storyline. I don't have a clue who the person who freed him was, or why, or even how a peasant was able to just waltz into an unguarded dungeon and set Theon free. Of course, he may not be an actual peasant but disguised as one, but to the people in the castle, he is. Why would he have that access and freedom?

I think someone more powerful is behind setting Theon free; I don't know if it's someone from the Iron Islands or someone from another camp who would love to have Theon get them an army from back home. I tend to think the latter; the man freeing him didn't seem like an Islander to me, although Theon claimed he could grant him a lordship there (does that mean he remembered the man, or recognized his face?) Also it was interesting, to me, that the man didn't even blink when offered said lordship. Clearly wasn't interested in that; so who is he?

So interesting, just because it is so confusing--the show is doing a good job in WTF is going on with Theon and who's 'that guy and WTF is he doing with Theon?' I don't think the Unsullied have figured out yet that the show is f...ing with their minds here, but i'm guessing they will, soon.

Gads, Ramsay Bolton. Makes a comparison to Joff like the comparison between a nipping puppy and a rabid hyena. I do and I don't look forward to his scenes.

Gads, Ramsay Bolton. Makes a comparison to Joff like the comparison between a nipping puppy and a rabid hyena. I do and I don't look forward to his scenes.

So true. Ramsay is like 10 times worse than Joffrey. If the Unsullied hate Joffrey, imagine the reaction to Ramsay and his mindgames (and general torturing).

Because now we have rather fairly tale picture of Ned's father figure and really good Hand of the King. Lysa was his first wife or not? Why he had two foster sons and there is no heir of his own? She wanted this marriage or it was arranged? Or maybe something happened to Lysa in KL? Something had to induce her psychosis.

Yes! Littlefinger!!

I wonder if the Unsullied are going to put together Lysa's letter to Catelyn and her change of mind in Ned's journey to King's Landing

I actually think they should be even harsher. Those bookwalkers (I'm talking about people that admitted being bookwalkers, so I'm not talking aboutt he Unsullied) speculating about things they already know in the character threads and in the episode threads really annoy me. Many of the Unsullied read those threads, and the bookwalkers' speculations always make a lot of sense, because they know what happens, and that can influence the speculations that the Unsullied make in their own thread.

I think that bookwalkers should only be allowed to post in the book/show vs book threads. There are already hundreds of websites for the bookwalkers to discuss GoT and ASOIAF, so they can't complain. Leave the TWOP forums for the non-readers. They don't have many places to discuss and speculate safely.

Gotcha. I concluded that I'll stick to posting on this site and the bookwalker thread. I got a warning. I wasn't trying to spoil, just convey info. But hey, know I now how strict it is, and since I can't sometimes remember if something been said in the show or not, (like Sandor's name, that surprised me), I'll sit on my hands.

Yes! Littlefinger!!

I wonder if the Unsullied are going to put together Lysa's letter to Catelyn and her change of mind in Ned's journey to King's Landing

Lysa being in on Jon Arryn's death was one thing I did not see coming, at all. I thought she was genuinely mourning her husband and wanted revenge for his death. So, if the Unsullied put any of that together early, kudos to them. The reaction to that revelation will be interesting to see.

Yes, I at first thought LF was just kind of delusional about the Tully sisters, but it's quite possible HE was fixated on Cat, but that Lysa was after HIM and might be thrilled to finally "get" him. Eeep.

​OMG, if this turns out to be true, for sure Sansa will leave KL with Littlefinger and become another angle of this soap opera drama. I bet auntie Lysa will be thrilled with her presence in Vale. second thought: Sansa has experience with younger siblings. Maybe she can do something really useful in Vale and take care of Robin as only not psychotic person in this household. Again, auntie Lysa will be thrilled if her son will show affection to another person. yay for being Sansa in this story, girl just can't win.

:cheers: :cheers:

and I love this about Sam:

In S1, Sam says that he "always wanted to be a wizard."

I knew that was important the minute I heard it. I really, really hope that Sam's destiny is to learn some supercrazy magic mojo from those books in Maester Aemon's library and to become a good wizard.

replace the bolded part with "The Citadel" and I'm hoping something along this lines too. ;)

This guy gets it:

If wargs are so common beyond the wall, that Ygritte looked kind of incredulous that Jon didn't know them, maybe it's a sign for being descended from the First Men. The Starks have blood of the First Men, but people further south are the Andals??? Please correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe all of the Stark kids will eventually develop Warg skills. That would be a great way for Arya to find Nymeria. Poor Sansa still has no wolf though.

I love their discussion on 'Bran the Blessed' - I'm not familiar with that bit of lore, so it's both novel and insightful to me. Gods, how I wish I could communicate with them.

I hear 'ya, it'd be such fun to be able to jump in with them and join the chat, but alas, we're too... Sullied. :crying:

Look forward to their reactions to tonight's episode--TWoP's been pretty slow and quiet this week, but I predict it'll be jumping after tonight. We know they're already predicting Dracarys, but if the showrunners pull that off as dramatically as I'm hearing, then we'll all be thrilled, Sullied and Unsullied alike!! They've also predicted Mormont's fate, but so, I haven't seen any guesses about the mutiny from them--has anybody else here seen any Unsullied talk of NW mutiny?

I wonder how light or heavy the show's hints will be about QoT's involvement in Joff's (kof, kof) wedding? I remember the first time I read the books, when Joff was sent to that great Lion's Den in the Sky, I was all... WTF??!! WHO did it?? WHO... WHAT?? I think it wasn't til I came to this board that actually understood that whole plot.

Ramsay/Theon--so far, the Unsullied seem as confused as the rest of the viewing public, but after tonight, I'm expecting they'll begin homing in on the 'who and why' of what's happening to Theon--that it's all just because Ramsay is... having fun.

My guess is that as soon as the name Beric Dondarian is mentioned tonight, some of the TWoP Unsullied are immediately going to remember him back from S1. They had him on their milk carton list of missing characters for a long time. That should help them put the BwB in perspective, since it was Ned Stark who sent Beric out to stop the Mountain from ravaging the Riverlands.

ETA: I bolded the last part. Here's one TWoP Unsullied who's gonna get her wish!

I hope the slaver gets what's coming to him in the next 1-2 episodes. mostly because I don't want that to be the "finale" of this year's Dany arc. I think we've got the message that people who cross her meet a bad end, I don't want to dwell on it a 3rd time, even though I could see a showdown being epic enough to warrant a major episode 9/10 storyline. I'd just like her to teach him a lesson and get on with it!

I expect the Lysa/LF meeting will be appropriately done( I killed Jon just like you asked sweetie!) I wonder how much they'll rush it forward, given AFFC bleeding into season 4

The moment I'm waiting the most for, given how underwhelming the book version was, is when Jon meets, and probably, kills Ygritte. Thats some speculation i'll be watching out for when Jon splits up

"I like that speculation. As he drifts out of consciousness, his vision blurs and when he refocuses he no longer sees the world around him but the face of his beloved. Cut to black, end of episode with the Life of Brian's "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" playing as the credits roll.

Heh, that was aimed at the little boys, but its surprisingly similar to Jaime's upcoming dream sequence.

side note, how WAS the wall built? Do we get any of the engineering details? Other than the biography of Bran the Builder I don't know if we find out much.

400th post in this thread, time for a new thread.

Yes, I'm sure there will be plenty of speculation on whether Jon will kill Ygritte at the battle for Castle Black. Especially after Ygritte shoots Jon in the leg as he rides off to the Wall.

Also, interesting discovery that 'Bran' means Raven in olde English / Celtic / Welsh whatever. Had anyone in the ASOIAF community uncovered that? Did GRRM know this when settling on Stark names?

Archived