[TV/Book Spoilers] TWOP Unsullied Thread Part 3

Independent George

LOL, so fun when one of them exults!!

WOW! Wish granted. Go me! Now what should I ask for next? Scuse me I have to go WATCH THAT AGAIN BECAUSE IT WAS FREAKING AMAZING. Even though we called the business with the slave trader. Didn't stop it from being awesome. I think I want to learn Valyrian. GO DANY!!! I think I saw Jorah and Selmy exchange glances that sort of said "don't we look silly now".

Also, interesting discovery that 'Bran' means Raven in olde English / Celtic / Welsh whatever. Had anyone in the ASOIAF community uncovered that?

Its in the Heresy threads in the book section I believe. Those threads tend to focus on mythology/supernatural aspects of the books.

They really seem to like Gendry and hate religion, more specifically the Lord of Light.

It seems, to me anyway, more 'deep distrust' and 'alarmed unease' rather than 'hate.' And further, deep distrust of that particular religion, rather than all religions. The Starks and their Old Gods seem.. benign, earthy. Catelyn invoking The Seven, ok. But Mellisandre? Burning the statues of The Seven? And now, burning people alive because they don't believe as she does? Birthing Smoke Baby Baratheon and killing Renly? Apparently bewitching Stannis so that he now wants another Smoke Baby to kill somebody else? And finally, Mel is now off on a voyage to find... Gendry? She needs blood of kings? Damn, I'm deeply distrustful, too, alarmed and uneasy...

Well, the alternative is getting Littlefingered. I'd take Loras. Although there is the alternate possibility of Tyrion, whom Tywin promised a wife befitting his station. I guess that now that isn't going to happen, but I really wish it would. Everything would work out perfectly! He could easily keep Shae around, he'd have political power independent of Tywin, she'd be safe and have a truly compassionate husband. I guess the show doesn't want it's characters to be happy, though. Loras it is.

How to be so right yet so wrong.

They seem to think Yara is torturing Theon :bawl:

Which I don't understand, since it doesn't fit her TV character at all

I haven't watched the episode yet, but I do wonder how they can be so off beam on this one. I suppose if I lobotomised my knowledge of the books out of my brain I probably would be tricked into thinking it's the Ironborn who are doing all the torturing to completely destroy Theon. Seems like the show needs to reveal "boy" as Ramsey Snow next episode, or the deception runs the risk of going too far with the audience. Or they might carry the deception through the whole season and totally do the heads of the unsullied in, just the same as Theon's head is being done in. They might have employed an actual sadist to write this stuff.

How to be so right yet so wrong.

It really tells you something when you have TV fans proposing a tragic moment in the books as being a better solution then what was meant to be a form of somewhat salvation in the books.

They seem to think Yara is torturing Theon :bawl:

Which I don't understand, since it doesn't fit her TV character at all

Agree, it doesn't. But this is a disappointment in the show setup, IMHO.The whole keep-Ramsay-a-secret-while-he-tortures-Theon scenario just... isn't working. Viewers, even the smartest viewers at TWoP are like, WTF? And not in a good way, in a 'no-clue, ergo no interest' way.

I don't know, a lot of them seem to think 'Boy' might be Ramsay. It seems like it's just that one poster who still thinks it's Yara & co. doing the torturing. I expect in the next hours/days we'll see the rest of the crew counter that "spitball."

I do kinda wish they would spell out a bit more clearly who has Theon, but on the other hand I like the suspense. I hope it isn't as you say, iheartseverus, a "'no interest' way."

But... why?

Don't tell my boss, I'm posting at work. It's 4:54 PM Monday and I'm about to head off home.

The ploy seems to have been to con Theon into talking, in a setting more conducive than torture to his telling the truth. More important than his feelings about the Starks, perhaps, was his admission that Bran and Rickon are alive. But I don't believe those were Yara's men; still believe the false savior is -- or works for -- Bolton's bastard.

Ahhh sanity prevails among some of the unsullied old guard.

On the subject of Brotherhood-Mel connections, someone (a good ways) upthread quoted someone from a past season mentioning a Thoros of Myr wielding a flaming sword. Mel had that flaming sword ritual with Stannis. Connection?

at least!!

Archived