[TV/Book Spoilers] TWOP Unsullied Thread Part 3

Independent George

No, to make a book/show truly unpredictable you strongly risk utter randomness. If shows/books are following logic and internal consistency and we are given a decent insight into what is happening and what characters are like, we should be able to predict most of what happens except for Deus Ex Machina devices

Hey, FLCL was awesomely unpredictible! Not that I want GOT to turn out like that, though (even if it would be cool to see Arya pull a giant robot out of Hot Pie's head).

They might suspect something will go wrong at the wedding but I doubt they'll expect the scale of it.

And even if they expect the scale of it, the impact will still be profound. Hell I found Ned's death in the show much more difficult to watch than read. I think watching the RW even (mostly, adaptation changes aside) fully spoiled is going to be quite an ordeal.

And even if they expect the scale of it, the impact will still be profound. Hell I found Ned's death in the show much more difficult to watch than read. I think watching the RW even (mostly, adaptation changes aside) fully spoiled is going to be quite an ordeal.

A mate and I are going round a friend's (who hasn't read the books) for ep309. Gon' be amazing although our reaction will probably be nearly the same as his.

It must take intense care for these people to avoid spoilers constantly. Every Youtube video, every article, even just a quick look on the wiki, or just googling something and there will be tons of spoilers.

The vast majority of the audience for this show doesn't use the GoT wiki, doesn't actively search for GoT videos on YouTube, and doesn't seek out every article about the show and/or books they can find. That's the more hardcore fan base; the kind of people who post on message boards about the show and the novels. With nearly 12 million domestic viewers per episode, I think it's a safe bet to say that most of them aren't as fantastical about all things Thrones as we may be.

The "Unsullied" actively avoid these things, I'd imagine. Any day now and they should figure out that Roose will say to Robb, "Jaime Lannister sends his regards." .....................

The "Unsullied" actively avoid these things, I'd imagine. Any day now and they should figure out that Roose will say to Robb, "Jaime Lannister sends his regards." .....................

I never understood that line in the books. Shouldn't it have been 'Tywin Lannister sends his regards?'

ETA: I just started a thread at TWoP in Dramatis Personae for Lord Bolton. And one of the first replies mentions

As is mentioned in the first post, strong, ambitious bannermen like Bolton, cool as I find his voice, are ones to watch.

Again... his voice!! There must be something wrong with my ears! I've watched the episode twice and never noticed anything about his voice! Gotta go watch it again, or rather, listen to it, just to zone in on Roose Bolton's sexy/big tiger/cool voice!! :P

I never understood that line in the books. Shouldn't it have been 'Tywin Lannister sends his regards?'

No because Jaime does send his regards before Roose leaves Harrenhal, but not knowing what's going to go down. So I guess it's just a little personal joke for Roose.

When jaime leaves harrenhal, Bolton asks him to send his regards to Tywin, and Jaime tells he would have as long as Bolton does the same to Robb Stark (forgive my grammar, it is a second language); but it's typical Jaime Lannister's little joke, unaware of the plot between his father and Bolton; although, i am pretty sure Jaime will pay for this little joke in the books to come ...

It's a really important line because that's what make UnCat hate Jaime so much. She thinks he had a hand in it. (yes, a hand teeheeheee)

In reality it was Roose being a sarcastic dick, which is pretty much in keeping with his character. He would've wanted to implicate the Lannisters in this deception, keeping the blood on their hands too, but got the pleasure of twisting a truthful line at the same time. I bet Roose had a right chuckle after the RW.

At the end of the day, the guy is as evil as it gets. What can you expect coming from a guy who tells his bastard not to make him regret the day he raped his mother.

Poor Jojen. He's been accused of everything from being dead, to a "spirit walker", and now a telepath who read Bran's mind and pulled out the name of a loyal family and decided to impersonate them :lol:

Poor Jojen. He's been accused of everything from being dead, to a "spirit walker", and now a telepath who read Bran's mind and pulled out the name of a loyal family and decided to impersonate them :lol:

You gotta hand it to them, they look down every avenue :P

IMO, the most amazing revelation they ever made was that

Ghost Grass = Snow

The very second I read that, it was like my jaw dropped and a light bulb went on in my head. Of course! Of course Ghost Grass is snow! It's perfect, its sublime, its exactly how warm-clime nomadic horse people would describe the white stuff that's going to cover the world and all the horses will die and it'll mean the end of the world. OF COURSE!

Except that until the Unsullied brought it up, it had never even occurred to me, heh. :P

ETA: They're beginning to confuse themselves with their use of nicknames. This is like a 'Who's on first?' routine!

I don't think Simon is the Bastard.

and

When did he say his name is Simon?

:laugh:

It must take intense care for these people to avoid spoilers constantly. Every Youtube video, every article, even just a quick look on the wiki, or just googling something and there will be tons of spoilers.

I think the thread makes it easier to remain Unsullied. Just as we've become addicted to reading them, remaining unspoiled has become both a point of pride and the source of great amusement to them. It's a game, and their online community gives them incentive to stay true. Nobody wants to leave the clan.

I think the thread makes it easier to remain Unsullied. Just as we've become addicted to reading them, remaining unspoiled has become both a point of pride and the source of great amusement to them. It's a game, and their online community gives them incentive to stay true. Nobody wants to leave the clan.

Exactly. Also, several of them have been spoiled about specific points (one or another will mention something occasionally, like one of them mentioned they knew Summer's name before it was revealed in the most recent episode) and they just don't discuss that thing. They seem to be pretty good about self-policing, I would say at least in part because when something is outed as not being in the show it gets a little awkward... :)

The Unsullied will see the RW coming a mile off. But to common viewer who just watches each episode once and anticipates next week's episode will not see it coming. And I don't think the Unsullied will figure out Edmure's wedding will be where it happens. They will probably think it'll happen before the wedding and that agreeing to the wedding was a ruse Frey never intends to see through. The fact that Ed and the Frey girl will actually get married, and Ed will look as happy as a pig in mud will blind side them when the Rains of Castamere starts playing.

Cat's death should surprise them because it has no political benefit or build-up (unlike Robb's). After all, Walder Frey never intended to kill her at the Red Wedding; nobody predicted that she would kill Jinglebell and start clawing at her own face.

The show really needs to nail Cat's death. But seeing how D&D have already butchered her character I wouldn't be surprised if she died off-screen...

Archived