What name from ASoIaF would you name a new pet/baby?

TheNorthReigns

This question has probably been asked before, but since I'm new to the forum I thought I would try to get some feedback. I will soon be getting a new puppy and I'm thinking of names for it, I don't know if it will be male or female, but I would like to name it after a character from the series. I have thought of naming it after one of the direwolves or one of characters like Tyrion, or Rayder after Mance. So what would you name a new pet or even a baby? Or maybe somebody already has and what is it?

I'd go with a name that was specific to the story: Sansa, Nymeria, Aegon, Edmure, Tyrion, Danaerys, Drogo, etc.

Rather than names that aren't specific to the story: Rob, Jon, Bran, Catelyn, Jaime, etc.

Actually, on second thought, If I were going to choose a GRRM name for a puppy and it were female, definitely Nymeria.

I like Tommen for a cat's name (tom cat-- get it) and it is a nice homage to a boy who likes kittens.

I agree that Sandor and Hodor are great names for dogs, but they have to be big dogs and not those little fluffy, yappy dogs.

I actually have a dog named Khaleesi. My husband named her, I wanted Arya.

And I know a guy with a male german shepherd named Sandor, I thought that was badass.

both brilliant!! seriously great names for dogs...

I want a pet worm and call him Joffrey :D

kidding ;)

actually wanted to name a daughter "Aria" (3 syllables not 2, and roll the r) for the longest time, and I thought it was close enough to Arya :)

Also, Elia I think is a fantastic name for a girl

what about "Jaqen" for a dog? like a bold but loyal mutt?

Patchface would work with any calico or checkered pet. Though, I don't know if I'd like referencing that character.

Get two dogs, one big and one small. Name the big one Smalljon and the little one Greatjon.

Drogon would be good for a black cat.

Ramsay is a great name for a baby boy.

If I ever have children, which honestly Im not sure I even want to, I'd like to have three, named Robert, Stannis and Renly. They could be three boys, but if the first two are boys and Renly is a girl I'd let that slide as well.

Renly, Stannis, Robert.... all three girls, because you only had girls...

nature didn't wanna play along .. :lmao:

Archived