Boston bombing manhunt: how far is too far?

Ser Scot A Ellison

I don't know Scott. If they have to get a warrant for every building, then it's going to take weeks for them to be done. They probably have a judge on standby to issue a warrant just in case, and guess what type of search you are going to get if you make it difficult for them.

I imagine this might qualify as an "exigent circumstances" search for which no warrant is needed.

One would hope the suspect gets due process if he is captured alive, regardless of what sitting Senators say. Apart from that, I think asking for people to stay indoors voluntarily is fine, and these informal searches so far seem within the realm of reason. But the rest of the response from crowdsourcing suspects who turn out not to the right ones, 5 hour investigation of a witness that turned up naught and random attacks on people of certain looks or ethnicity hasn't really covered anyone in glory. But I cant fault the official response much. Other aspects of our new post 9-11 culture, not so much.

Shep Smith is saying that they had swept the current area and okayed it but that the homeowner then noticed a shed door open and blood on the boat. She then called police. They are saying he is now down

Shep Smith is saying that they had swept the current area and okayed it but that the homeowner then noticed a shed door open and blood on the boat. She then called police. They are saying he is now down

Really? I just saw on CNN he was still at large.

Archived