What Are You Listening To? Part VIII: It's Not Noise, It's Music!

Durckad

You're shitting me. I think I'm going to cry. :.( I didn't even know they're active still. They had their one album in 1996, and I assumed that was the end of that tale... Cruel world!

P.S. Enjoy the show, and then feel free to virtually point and laugh at me for missing it. ;)

It's not too late to get a Saturday-only pass...

(MDF is always good for at least one long-disbanded group to reunite and play a show.)

Tickets

http://www.marylandd...om/tickets.html

Running Order

http://www.marylandd...nningorder.html

Thursday is totally sold out, but Fri-Sun are still available.

I'll make it down one of these years, I swear! From the looks of it, not going to be this weekend. My house is standing (barely) in the midst of some repair work. Should have bought a maintenance free condo.

Sounds sweet!

Currently listening to

Very choice music recommendations - thanks!

Edit: I had to make sure that the vocalist wasn't from Agalloch... Sounds very similar.

Listening to my top album from 2012, Mgla -- With Hearts Toward None.

In particular, this track:

(should be played loud)

I love the opening cymbal work, and the percussion all around is top-notch. Just so much more interesting and varied than standard grimkvlt blastbeats. Too bad that the youtube rip does not do the song justice, especially in the lower frequencies.

Edited because the browser isn't rendering one of the letters properly, so I replaced it with a regular "L"

Trouble Will Find Me, the new National is very good, as I expected, though so far I tend to rate it a bit lower than High Violet. Nevertheless I don't listen to anything else for some time.

Me too. It's too early to tell how good it is but it gets better with every listen and so far feels like the album gains momentum from track to track.

The new Daft Punk Album has some great songs as well. Although some are a little odd.

I'm trying to see what the fuss is about "bonobo". It sounds decent but my time is more preoccupied with the former albums right now.

It's too early to tell how good it is but it gets better with every listen

I agree with this, I'm just a bit worried, that Trouble Will Find Me might not have such gems like England or Bloodbuzz Ohio. But I'll be wiser after another thirty or so listenings.

Right now:

Love the cello, really adds a very different kind of heaviness to the song.

Just finished spinning the new Kylesa album, Ultraviolet. I love, love, love Spiral Shadows and, while I don't think this will match up to that, it's already proving itself to be pretty damn good overall.

But they get the luxury of multiple listens.

That's the thing, they've earned it over the past however many years. Not many bands can say that.

Archived