What Are You Listening To? Part VIII: It's Not Noise, It's Music!

Durckad

Has anyone heard of a band called The Boxer Rebellion? I just heard one tune by them on the radio that sounded great, but I don't know anything about them.

I have couple of unwisely purchased albums from them.* There are some decent songs, but they're basically a Coldplay tribute band. Of course, if you like Coldplay...

*99p specials from Amazon

Cannot believe I hadn't listened to the new Kurt Vile album, Walkin on a Pretty Daze, until now. It is absolutely spectacular. Easy 9/10, pushing a 10/10.

Has anyone heard of a band called The Boxer Rebellion? I just heard one tune by them on the radio that sounded great, but I don't know anything about them.

I quite like them, though I'm surprised a radio station played them. I only found out about them through a movie which had Justin Long and Drew Barrymore in it, I think it was called Going the Distance or something. Union is probably their best album,

of the songs off that one.

ETA: Listening to

After being recommended to the band Vampire Weekend, I decided to check out their latest album, Modern Vampires of the City, and I'm digging it. A lot. I'm usually a hip hop/rap kind of guy, so I'm quite surprised by how much I'm enjoying these guys. Will definitely be picking up their previous two albums.

I'm still trying to guess if it's a sign that the end of times is near when the best disco and funk album of the last 10 years has been made by French dudes - namely Daft Punk, Random Access Memories...

Daft Punk are awesome. :thumbsup:

Listening to the new Daft Punk album and wow just wow, I'm so impressed. It's a dance/80's/electro mix that isn't bogged down by any one genre. Songs like Fragments of Time with Todd Edwards and Lose Yourself to Dance featuring Pharrell Williams are amazing, you could be forgiven for thinking they were released 30 years ago. Easily the album of the year so far for me.

Archived