[BOOK SPOILERS] Episode 6 Preview

GeorgeIAF

As for Bran, I'm quite sure they'll fill the seasons with backstory and exposition (Rhaegar, Rebellion, etc...) until he meets Bloodraven by the end of season 4 (I could see Bran's finale in season 4 be his meeting with him).

So Bran basically becomes an infodump? Hmm, suppose it's a good idea given the lack of options. Though I can imagine that he'll quickly become the least favorite character for non-book readers. Hell, he probably is the most boring PoV in the books too.

ETA: Spelling

well he kind of serves as an infodump character in the books too. But Meera, Jojen, and Osha are all strong characters and can keep the Bran scenes interesting (Hodor too of course)

I really hope we get some infodump scenes and not just the prophetic dreams.

Me too, I look forward to see him eventually become an infodump character... It will please the die-hard fans like us who are eager for the show to emphasis the history... and some die-hard Unsullied might appreciate it too... it will not work on the casual viewer though...

As for Osha, well, I can see her and Rickon depart from their little gang once they learn the Reeds want to take Bran beyond the Wall !

Heck, we might even get a Theon treatment for Osha and Rickon : fill season 4 and 5 with elements from TWoW...

And it would be an interesting thing for us to discover a (small) story in the show before we discover it in the books !

I dont think I could bear discovering the massive story first in the show but for a small portion of it, the Rickon - Osha one, I'd be interested and glad to get it first in the show !

I wouldnt call it most intriguing but intriguing by its differences... Just like Jon and Dany were damn separated from the main story so far (until Stannis arrived at the Wall and the whole Bolton-affair for Jon and Tyrion, Quentyn, Barristan and co arriving at Meereen for Dany), Bran's story is now the outside story, so it is really intriguing in this way.

Bran's chapters in ADWD were indeed fascinating, but I think most people are talking pre-ADWD when they say Bran's chapters are boring. Personally I love all the history of Westeros stuff we get in his chapters.

Wat

Bran's sparse chapters in ADWD were the most intriguing parts of the entire book if not series

Yeah, I should have been more specific. I meant Bran pre-DwD, his DwD material is breath of fresh air after all those Dany and Tyrion chapters. I think he was certainly the most boring POV in SoS, and probably GoT.

I actually found Bran's arc in the books to be rather disappointing. The whole turn in to the tree thing was underwhelming, and I actually felt it seemed a little out of place.

I think his arc will be incredibly hard to adapt to TV. By that, I mean good tv.

My assumptions:

-Jaime & Brienne with Roose - I doubt Jaime'll be leaving this episode

-Melisandre returns -likely that "someone out there" Arya mentioned - she'll see what Thoros has done to Beric

-Robb and the Freys arrange a wedding

-Tywin/Olenna meeting

-Littlefinger and Varys

-Theon getting tortured ... AGAIN - I doubt Ramsay'll reveal himself this episode

-Jojen having a somewhat disturbing dream, or getting woken up from one

Hmm .. What else ..?

Oh yeah

-JON AND THE WILDLINGS SCALING THE WALL

I don't think they will show Roose letting Jaime go just yet because I think they are trying to hide Roose's eventual betrayal as a major surprise for Episode 9, or at least keep it hidden for a couple more episodes. That's also the reason they've hidden the identify of Ramsey as Theon's torturer, because it might tip the viewers off that the Boltons are doing shady things behind Robb's back. Maybe Roose will send Jamie off with some of his men (and Qyburn) and it will look like they are taking Jaime to Riverrun, but instead are going to King's Landing. But since the bear pit fight seems intended for Episode 7, Jaime probably won't leave Harrenhal till then since it would make sense to have his departure and return to save Brienne occur in the same episode.

With Arya, I think she will just be travelling with the Brotherhood as they head towards Riverrun to ransom her off to Robb. Probably see some of the devastation the war has wrought on the common folk.

Jamie may be let go towards the end, before the climb perhaps. If Roose doesn't let Jamie go in this episode, then it will definitely be the the beginning of The Bear and The Maiden Fair. I would ASSUME, that is the fight between Brienne the Beauty and the bear, also from my guesstimation, Second Sons will probably Dany-heavy since she hasn't been prominent (Excluding the fantastic Dracarys scene) this season.

In the book, as I remember it (although again I knew the RW was coming, but not its exact details, so I can't remember what I knew about Roose's role), it seemed like he was hedging his bets, keeping his options open - currying favor with Tywin, just in case. So you get the sense that he's not a diehard Stark loyalist but you don't see the degree of his treachery coming, as I remember it. I think they can play it that way in the show as well. Not a traitor, but he's not going to go down with the ship either. It makes sense to me. It's a far cry from making a hostage trade a bit against Robb's wishes to get on Tywin's good side to what he actually does at the RW.

Archived