How would you rate episode 306?

Ran

How would you rate episode 306?  

762 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I only enjoyed the casting of the Freys and the parlay between Ser Jaime and Lord Bolton. Otherwise, it was just BS wasted time, when they could have told the story of the Knight of the Laughing Tree and moved other things forward based upon the source material.

I guess Tyrion now has motive for the Purple Wedding. But, otherwise, it was one-on-one dialogs telling things that shouldn't be said.

Reek, reek, it rhymes with weak episode.

Edited by scurvy

Well, here this season starts going really downhill by the looks of it. I am so over everyone in King's Landing except Sansa. The show's annoying tough-girl Ygritte sucks something fiercely. I won't even mention the Theon crap (well, I guess I just did, but ugh, such a stupid decision).

But hey, at least we got rid of Ros!

I find it strange that the Theon stuff bothers you. It's just off-page in the books.

I gave it a BLAH 7.

Not impressed by aything in particular. Bran's story is dull & boring. Sam the Slayer is looking like Sam the Dummy. Theon torture scenes can get boring if overdone. Jon Snow has yet to look like the badass he is.

If they kill Gentry I will toss all my Tvs out the window.

FIRE THE WRITER FOR THIS EPISODE. So much more could have bee told or better done

7/10

First off the thoros/mel was... an interesting departure. I had no clue what the Red Woman was up to when she left Stannis last episode, and now it seems Gendry is in for a nice burning.

Jon is going to have quite an easy time with just 3 wildlings south of the wall to worry about.

Nothing to spectacular happened, though I love that they killed Ros (long overdue) and the Lord Paramount of the Trident is poised to become as serious a badass as he is in the books in the next season.

An 8. I was expecting a slower, more exposition-reliant episode after the punches of 3,4,5 and that's what we got.

Lots of 6s and 7s here, and yes, it probably was the weakest episode, but I give it scores based on how I'd rate any TV, and I was gripped enough. Feel I should have perhaps just given a 10 to ep 5 though, just cause that was so good.

Liking the way they're pacing this season a lot more than season 2. For entertainment, it's the best season yet, if not quite as polished as season 1.

+, -, ?

--

+ Loved the ending on the wall. Found it beautiful actually. Lots of symbolism, and worked well with the music.

+ Which reminds me, I love, love, love how they've built up Ygritte and Jon's relationship. There's gonna some be hard stuff to swallow later down the line. Always need a good romance on TV shows like this.

+ Roose Bolton is amazing

+ Freys and Tullys scene was nicely done

+ Scene was a bit long, but Iway Rheon fucking with Theon is delicious

+ Sansa, Tyrion, Shae. Worked nicely

+ ROS IS DEAD. People will still probably find issue in her death after complaining about her for so long but YAY

+ Littlefinger and Varys. Always good.

+ Sorry Linda, but I love Ygritte in the show. She's way more attractive than 90% of the "tough" female characters they've tried to build up in the show

? I did like Melisandre and Arya's interaction, but the whole "I'll see you again thing" - Eh?

- Ramsay scene too long, as good as it was.

- Osha v Meera. Who the fuck cares? I'm sorry, but if Osha is going away later, I really don't get the point in their conflict. Show Bran's attraction to Meera? Or what? And the dream thing was a bit sudden and out of nowhere.

- The way scenes cut about this week. Editing was a bit off tbh.

Too tired to think of anything else

i thought i heard melisandre say ill never see u again to arya

I gave it a BLAH 7.

Not impressed by aything in particular. Bran's story is dull & boring. Sam the Slayer is looking like Sam the Dummy. Theon torture scenes can get boring if overdone. Jon Snow has yet to look like the badass he is.

If they kill Gentry I will toss all my Tvs out the window.

FIRE THE WRITER FOR THIS EPISODE. So much more could have bee told or better done

I guess D&D will be getting the chop then ;).

And I agree about the Bran story at least. Worst arc in the series. So, so dull. But Sam is exactly the same in the books tbh... And Jon Snow was cool this episode.

As a non-book reader I have to say this episode was the most powerful of this season. More and more setup though, I was hoping to see something take off. solid 8.5/10 IMHO. Great to see the red priestess. Amazing show.

What did you think of the ending? Surprised nobody else reacted as strongly to it as I did. The way it zooms back out and shows both sides of the wall, with them in the middle (symbolically and all dat jazz) - my favourite ending in a while.

How can you say Sam is the same in the books? He's a coward not a total moron. He's training to be a meister.

I gave it a 7, it was a very imbalanced episode.

The dialogue and direction of the first two scenes was probably the worst of the series in my opinion. Having them play back to back was a huge mistake.

I actually rather liked this episode, so it gets an 8 rating from me. To me, it was much stronger than episode 2, and a bit stronger than episode 1. Sure, it was a bit of a let down compared to the past two episode, but still, this is a vast improvement over pretty much every episode in Season 2, with the exception of the Blackwater episode.

What worked for me:

• Lady Olenna/Lord Tywin - For all the folks who were getting disgruntled with the QoT owning everyone that she conversed with, we a have scene where each player held his/her own. Great acting as usual from Charles Dance and Diana Rigg.
  • Tyrion/Cersei - A bit of a new dynamic shown in this normally totally antagonistic relationship. I guess misery makes for some strange bedfellows. I really liked this scene, and both Peter Dinklage and Lena Headey acquitted themselves quite well.
  • Thoros/anyone-everyone - I am also really enjoying Paul Kaye' take on Thoros. He totally dominates every scene that he's in.
  • Jon/wildings - I thought that the climb sequences were pretty well executed, and that Tormund was a bit more in keeping with the Tormund from the books. I also think that these sequences helped to advance the Jon Snow/Ygritte relationship a bit further into the realm of believability. Orell sucks pretty hard, though....
  • Littlefinger/Varys - I always like to see these two characters interacting, and Littlefinger was especially chilling. His character has not been done justice thus far this season (and I say this as someone who doesn't even care for the character to any great extent), but I thought that the final scene was a big step in the right direction.
  • Jaime/Brienne/Roose - Not a show-stopping scene, but something about this one was both amusing and creepy to me all at the same time. Roose telling Jaime that he "overplayed his.......position" I was yelling "hand" during the pause. I also like the "failing at dinner" line from Jaime.

What didn't work for me:

• I guess that I'm in the minority here, but I really didn't like the Ramsay/Theon scene. I hate torture sequences to begin with, and things just seemed to go on forever. Please, please tell me that we are not going to have two full seasons for Theon getting tortured by Ramsay.
  • Arya the master archer - Just WTF??? Since when is Arya some super wunderkind with the bow and arrow??
  • Jojen has a seizure - Again, WTF?? Are they mixing his character up with Robert Aryn (I mean Robin Aryn)??
  • Meera/Osha antagonism -- Why, why is this necessary?
  • Beric selling Gendry to Mel - Totally not in keeping with Berric and the BWB. May have been the most disappointing sequence of the episode to me.
  • Ros - Okay, I was never a fan, but man, that was a pretty shitty way for her character to have gone out.

What didn't work for me

• Arya the master archer - Just WTF??? Since when is Arya some super wunderkind with the bow and arrow??

Well, in episode one season one didn't she take the bow from Bran and make an expert shot? For TV continuity that is