Who would you trust the most as your King/Queen?

~DarkHorse~

Stannis. He is just and motivated. He would not get tired of holding court. He would not favor one lord over another due to his lack of warmth and affection. Also a Baratheon line os better for the seven kingdoms as they are less prone to insanity.

Catelyn, Doran or Ellaria Sand. Those are pretty much the only nobles who prefer peace over satisfying their ambition or desire for vengeance at a cost of many thousands of their subjects' lives.

Doran Martell is lusting for war he just knows he has to wait for allies, so he expresses a desire for peace.

there are a lot of people but i personally think you would have to name your small council as will if you wanted to rule your kingdom right, so in that regard i personally thing Faegon would be the best with the people he traveled with around essos. All the others seem too hated, and you have to recognize Robert Baratheon as well, he did give the realm 14 years of peace (if you don't count the greyjoy rebellion)

It depends on the situation. I'd feel safe (ish) with Doran because I'd be unlikely to get marched to war for some dumb revenge fantasy. Doran is a smart guy but also seen as weak and might not be able to keep order if the situation were pushed to extremes. Edmure and Ned would be good lords if there was nothing too taxing to deal with, most of the time they'd be good.

Doran would be good with Oberyn as his hand.

I think it's all about the best combination, no one character I've seen would make the best king but I think there are king and hand teams that could work really well.

Dead: Ned.

Alive: I dunno... Stannis seems the most sensible of the realistic pretenders. Less moral myopia and/or insanity than the others. We don't know Aegon enough to make a judgement on him, however.

I agree with whoever said Baelor Breakspear. Ned & Cat would be the best King and Queen from the couples of the series. Lyana Stark would have been a good Queen I think--at least she was described as a very strong-willed and capable person.

ETA: Out of those still alive, I'd go with new Jaime or Daenerys.

Queen: Arya Stark and Queen Nymeria of legend (BAMF kills their enemies and judges people by their abilities not birth and assimilates). I prefer the Warrior Queen type, obviously.

King: Ned Stark (honorable, good, strong man who is ready to take on Winter), Tywin Lannister (20 yrs of prosperity when he was Hand of the King under a Mad King), Oberyn Martell (the people loved him and he seems more about equality amongst the sexes).

Stannis could be a safe king (not a good one, but a predictable one, which is a neccesary quality on the one who imparts justice) if he would put Melissandre in a dungeon or exile her.

I think Danny or even Jon would be much better kings than him, but I don't think they would offer this kind of safety.

Archived