[NO SPOILERS] "Positive Nitpicking" - What you loved about the episode

Two things i loved was that Tormond is finally acting like Tormond and my most favorite part/line was when Osha was buggin out about going to the North and expected a serious response from Hodor. He just gives her this look like "you already know what my response is.....Hodor"

Two things i loved was that Tormond is finally acting like Tormond and my most favorite part/line was when Osha was buggin out about going to the North and expected a serious response from Hodor. He just gives her this look like "you already know what my response is.....Hodor"

Hah that "hodor..?" got a genuine laugh from me. I could actually hear him say "what do you expect from me really?"

Dany's scene was the highlight of the episode. It's ridiculous how many people are deliberately misinterpreting the scene. She acts arrogant in front of envoys; she did it in the books and she'll do it in the show. The only difference is that, in the book, it's quite obvious that she's being deliberately over the top. I guess the haters~ will see what they want to see. :dunno:

The grasping at straws in a effort to find evidence for the ludicrous "Dany is mad" theory is quite hilarious.

Anyway, Dany's scene was the saving grace for the episode for me. Great stuff.

Her dragons are legit terrifying, I cant wait to see them grow. Already they look like flying demon-spawn iguanas.

Agree. They're doing a great job with the design of the dragons. They really look menacing and genuinely lethal.

I am so excited to go through and see all of what you posted! First I just have to say:

- It ending with Rains of Castamere was maybe MY FAVORITE FUCKING PART

- All of Ygritte's scenes were so fucking adorable. I totally buy her and Jon as a couple now.

I have to add Carice Van Houten was a revelation in her short scene. The stoicism of Melisandre and her delivery of the slave dialogue. Wonderful!

I think CVH has been pretty great with what she's been given so far. She was great (if a little over the top) in her scene with Arya last week and yes her little speech this week was very well delivered. She has a certain aura that really fits the character.

Dany's scene was the highlight of the episode. It's ridiculous how many people are deliberately misinterpreting the scene. She acts arrogant in front of envoys; she did it in the books and she'll do it in the show. The only difference is that, in the book, it's quite obvious that she's being deliberately over the top. I guess the haters~ will see what they want to see. :dunno:

The scene between Joffrey and Tywin was quite good too. In both Blackwater and this episode Joffrey has been written far better than he is in the other episodes.

This thread is for what you liked. It is not for trying to correct the perceptions of people regarding discussions that aren't even taking place in this thread.

I agree about Joffrey and Tywin. I've been waiting to see them together and I was not disappointed!

I have to add Carice Van Houten was a revelation in her short scene. The stoicism of Melisandre and her delivery of the slave dialogue. Wonderful!

Yesss, she was on top of her shit this week. I was so pleased.

Other things I liked:

- Dany's facial expressions. The way she says "I shall show you no mercy"-- she's just so perfect and cold.

- All of the colours in her scenes. I love the blues and tans and golds.

- Getting to see Viserion, who was my old namesake on here<3<3

- Alfie's fucking acting is SUPERB. He was so terrified when those girls came in and tried so hard to fight them off. He really impressed me again this week.

- Rose's ability to emote with her face and eyes. She really looks like she loves Jon. I totally see them as a couple now.

- Everything Nikolaj, all of the time.

Archived