[NO SPOILERS] "Positive Nitpicking" - What you loved about the episode

Margaery and Dany's scenes. Actually, I think Margaery and Dany should rule Westeros. They are the ones who know what's what.

I'm not usually a fan of Jon/Ygritte, but I liked the windmill scene and the scene where he told her they can't win.

As soon as Tywin walked into the throne room and I saw Joffrey sitting there, I immediately perked up. I even went, "awww shit!" More scenes between them, please!

Also, everything is Jaime and Brienne and nothing hurts.

Robb's butt. Hey, I'm a girl. Sue me.

Dany's scene was the highlight of the episode. It's ridiculous how many people are deliberately misinterpreting the scene. She acts arrogant in front of envoys; she did it in the books and she'll do it in the show. The only difference is that, in the book, it's quite obvious that she's being deliberately over the top. I guess the haters~ will see what they want to see. :dunno:

The scene between Joffrey and Tywin was quite good too. In both Blackwater and this episode Joffrey has been written far better than he is in the other episodes.

The Dany scene was pretty good. The dragons look really good, I must say.

Robb's butt.

Tywin/Joffrey was good. Joffrey, in spite of the facade he tries to put up, is still just a little boy, that aspect of him had been missing for a few episodes.

Robb's butt.

Jaime is still the best character this season. I wasn't too warm on NCW in the first season, but he was excellent in S2 and he's absolutely perfect this season.

Did I mention Robb's butt?

Tyrion to Shae:

'What am I supposed to do on the continent across the Narrow Sea? Juggle?'

Well Tyrion, those who read ADWD know that juggling is one of those talents you will discover on your adventures across the Narrow Sea with Penny and Mormont.

I liked Jon & Ygritte. I was very glad to see the Widling and Jon Snow part of the story be better flushed out as it has not been given good attention this season and the last two episodes and especially this one has started to really add some depth, especially with making it clearer how much Jon Snow is struggling with what he is doing. I also think Kit Harrington and Rose Leslie have great chemistry and I enjoy watching those two together.

I loved everything about Dany's scene, especially getting to see the other two dragons.

Jaime and Brienne again are pretty much my favorite story arc this season. There was nothing to complain about this scene except that it wasn't longer. (They could have shortened the Theon crap and put more here).

I think the Gendry and Mel stuff is really interesting.

Oh yeah, I absolutely LOVED Tywin and Joffrey. I loved how Tywin played Joffrey perfectly and put him in his place w/o him even knowing he was put in his place. I know I'm supposed to despise Tywin, but Charles Dance has me seriously turned into a major Tywin fan. I love him!

What I loved, what I loved, what I loved. Ok let's see:

- Jon is finally acting like Jon!!

- The wildlings are getting more colorful!!!

- Tormund is acting like Tormund!!!!! We even got two Har! and two Hah!!!!!! LOVED IT!!!

- The look Cat gives Talisa when she gets out of the tent!!

- Dany's scenes! Just great!!

- Dany's dress!!! They finally changed her clothes!! and that white dress is amazing.

- Drogon, Rhaegal, and Viseryon. The three dragons together!!

- Joffrey!!!!!! I loved him in that scene!! My sweet Joff is back!!!!!! Not that psycho monster they made him in the last episodes :whip:

- Bart the Bear!! awww so cute!

- Jaime and Brienne, awesome as always!!!!

- Oh, and I really liked Shae's chain. I love how is made of very little rings forged together, and all made of gold. I don't know why she didn't like it. I think she would look gorgeous with it on. :dunno: She really should try it on.

- Talisa, some say gratuitous nudity but I don't care.

- Jon growing a pair

- Tormund sex ed.

- Tywin being a boss

- Some character development for Sansa

- Gendry having a more important role, the only thing that would have made his parentage reveal better is if they played the Robert Baratheon theme during it.

Loved the instrumental Rains of Castamere over the ending. It sounds wonderful.

Robb's butt.

Robb's butt.

Did I mention Robb's butt?

Right? Not bad. Lotta good-lookin' butts up in this piece, kind of like that ep with Jaime's bath.

A Game of Butts/A Clash of Butts/A Storm of Butts

On Kit's performance. I've been quite vocal in my opinion of how Iceland didn't help him, or anyone else for that matter, but I think a lot of it comes down to the direction the writers took the character. For the most part Jon has always had a role model around, someone who he looks up to or someone he must serve; Eddard, Tyrion, Jeor, Qhorin, Mance are all characters that Jon learns from and a lot of his screentime has been spent on this (it got particularly stale around Qhorin and Mance). But now he's out from under his shell and has room to breath around people he considers equals. He stands up for himself and is far more vocal and opinionated. The show is taking him in the right direction now, it's just taken a very long time to get there. I've been very happy with his performance in the past 3 episodes.

Moving on, bullet-point time:

- Rhaegal and Viserion.

- "Har har!"

- Arya saying her God is Death... and Beric's reaction.

- Barristan's smile after "what happens to things that won't bend?"

- The Brotherhood searching through the woods for Arya, and it's similarity to when the soldiers searched for her in 'The Kingsroad.'

- "That's a windmill," and Ygritte not knowing the words swoon or faint.

Let's begin with the general stuff:

-Loved the acting, from Kit Harington finally stepping up, to Jack Gleason and NCW

-Liked the music in general, which I feel was neglected in s2 and underused in s3 (unlike s1, where it was PERFECT)

More specifically:

-Tormund's speech about cocks.. there's the Tormund we know and love

-Jon/Ygritte felt much more genuine

- (not delighted by the bear scene but) I love the way Brienne and Jaime are portrayed, I think they must be the characters whose essence has been best captured by the show ( loved the way he looks at her when she says "Ser Jaime" )

-Tyrion/Bronn

- (not delighted by the bear scene but) I love the way Brienne and Jaime are portrayed, I think they must be the characters whose essence has been best captured by the show ( loved the way he looks at her when she says "Ser Jaime" )

In spite of all the small changes they've done to this story and especially to Brienne (she was a killing machine last season), the Jaime/Brienne dynamic is one of the things they got absolutely right. NCW and Gwen have excellent chemistry.

loved Tormund expressing his humour some more "aroof, aroof. aroof. aroof" hehe I really loved the way Tywin walked right up to the thrones to glair down at Joff, who was trying to act all casual and not intimidated. Ygritte seeing the windmill so cute, actally rose Lesley really did a great job this ep I think, her facial acting (I guess you could call it) was brill, speaking of facial acting the twitch Jon gets when he's talking to Orel. Dany casually tossing a hunk of meat in the general direction of her guest and her dragon just go mad for it. ah and hodors epic one liner "...Hodor..."

On Kit's performance. I've been quite vocal in my opinion of how Iceland didn't help him, or anyone else for that matter, but I think a lot of it comes down to the direction the writers took the character. For the most part Jon has always had a role model around, someone who he looks up to or someone he must serve; Eddard, Tyrion, Jeor, Qhorin, Mance are all characters that Jon learns from and a lot of his screentime has been spent on this (it got particularly stale around Qhorin and Mance). But now he's out from under his shell and has room to breath around people he considers equals. He stands up for himself and is far more vocal and opinionated. The show is taking him in the right direction now, it's just taken a very long time to get there. I've been very happy with his performance in the past 3 episodes.

Moving on, bullet-point time:

- Rhaegal and Viserion.

- "Har har!"

- Arya saying her God is Death... and Beric's reaction.

- Barristan's smile after "what happens to things that won't bend?"

- The Brotherhood searching through the woods for Arya, and it's similarity to when the soldiers searched for her in 'The Kingsroad.'

- "That's a windmill," and Ygritte not knowing the words swoon or faint.

actually I want to change my answer this this... I agree with everything here 100% I was super happy to see a little more of rhargal and viserion too, I think viewers who hadn't read to books were staring to think she just had 3 black dragons

Archived